ADVERTISEMENT

Welcome back to Smith Cotton...

Good thing he is experienced with SC ways. Done a great job last time he was there.
Wishing him well, and think he got a bad deal at OP, but it's going to be a struggle at SC.

And I'm Not saying he can't...But last time he was at SC they were in the old West Central.. Which had some decent teams off and on...but was nothing compared to what the CMAC is top to bottom. "experienced with SC ways" isn't going to make a big enough impact I wouldn't imagine.

I don't think they kept a single conference game within 20pts this year? In the past 3 years I believe they are 1-17 in conference play? and they last won a district tournament game in 2020..

I guess one way to look at it is...No where to go but up? so its a no loose situation for him...

Reactions: MoBucketsMo
Wishing him well, and think he got a bad deal at OP, but it's going to be a struggle at SC.

And I'm Not saying he can't...But last time he was at SC they were in the old West Central.. Which had some decent teams off and on...but was nothing compared to what the CMAC is top to bottom. "experienced with SC ways" isn't going to make a big enough impact I wouldn't imagine.

I don't think they kept a single conference game within 20pts this year? In the past 3 years I believe they are 1-17 in conference play? and they last won a district tournament game in 2020..

I guess one way to look at it is...No where to go but up? so its a no loose situation for him...
My guess is S-C will have some players that look a little different in 24-25 than they looked in previous seasons. Brennan can coach. He can also attract talent. S-C will be just fine.

My guess is S-C will have some players that look a little different in 24-25 than they looked in previous seasons. Brennan can coach. He can also attract talent. S-C will be just fine.
I agree that he can coach, and in the correct setting can attract talent (see OP) but.. Idk where the talent pool is coming from around Sedalia, MO..... does Sacred Heart have the kids to make a difference, and would you switch your kids to to the Sedalia District??
Do cole camp, green ridge, windsor, otterville etc... have the kids to make an impact?

I hope you're correct... but it sure seems like it will be a stretch.

I agree that he can coach, and in the correct setting can attract talent (see OP) but.. Idk where the talent pool is coming from around Sedalia, MO..... does Sacred Heart have the kids to make a difference, and would you switch your kids to to the Sedalia District??
Do cole camp, green ridge, windsor, otterville etc... have the kids to make an impact?

I hope you're correct... but it sure seems like it will be a stretch.
Reference the first go round at S-C.

Reference the first go round at S-C.
Yea... 1 solid year in a very average conference...1 total game won in the district tournament in his tenure....
I'm referencing and still not seeing how that translates to success in their current conference or in the Class 6 post season. Again, I hope to stand corrected in a year or two.

Yea... 1 solid year in a very average conference...1 total game won in the district tournament in his tenure....
I'm referencing and still not seeing how that translates to success in their current conference or in the Class 6 post season. Again, I hope to stand corrected in a year or two.
It is a lot better than it could have been by far.

Reactions: bigcats05
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT