ADVERTISEMENT

SWMO players at the next level

Craig Hull

Nov 22, 2014
Last year started working on a list of Southwest Missouri prep football players competing at the collegiate level with the intention of sharing it here and never finished it. This year, it took longer than I wanted due to the fact some junior colleges and NAIA schools are rather deliberate in posting official rosters. That said, here’s what I could find.

Disclaimer: I’m sure this list is far from complete and could be missing a player or two and I’m willing to update it in the event I omitted a student-athlete. Was able to scan rosters at most of the regional Division I schools (Missouri State, SEMO, Lindenwood, Arkansas State, Central Arkansas, UA-Pine Bluff, Arkansas, Southern Illinois, Western Illinois, the school located in the middle part of the state that I do not recognize, Kansas, Kansas State, Oklahoma State, the school in Norman, Tulsa, etc.) Also checked South Dakota State, New Mexico State since there are connections to the region at those schools.

At Division II, checked rosters for schools in the MIAA, the GLVC and GAC.

At NAIA, checked rosters for schools in the Heart of America Athletic Conference, KCAC, the Sooner Athletic Conference and the North Star Athletic Conference.

At the NJCAA level, rosters of the Kansas Jayhawk Conference schools, three Iowa junior colleges and NEO A&M in Miami.

COC West (I did not check for Springfield members of the COC)
Joplin High School – 14 total (3 Division I, 7 Division II, 4 NAIA, 0 junior college)
Webb City – 13 total (3 Division I, 7 Division II, 3 NAIA, 0 junior college)
Carthage – 8 total (2 Division I, 4 Division II, 2 NAIA 0 junior college)
Neosho – 4 total (1 Division I, 1 Division II, 2 NAIA, 0 junior college)
Carl Junction – 3 total (0 Division I, 0 Division II, 3 NAIA, 0 junior college)

Big 8 (again did not look for all of the schools)
Mount Vernon – 6 total (0 Division I, 4 Division II, 2 NAIA, 0 junior college)
Cassville – 4 total (0 Division I, 3 Division II, 1 NAIA, 0 junior college)
Lamar – 3 total (0 Division I, 3 Division II, 0 NAIA, 0 junior college)
Nevada – 2 total (0 Division I, 1 Division II, 1 NAIA, 0 junior college)
Monett – 2 total (0 Division I, 2 Division II, 0 NAIA, 0 junior college)
McDonald County – 1 total (0 Division I, 0 Division II, 1 NAIA, 0 junior college)
Seneca – 1 total (0 Division I, 0 Division II, 1 NAIA, 0 junior college)

Also checked for schools like Liberal, Jasper, Lockwood, Stockton, Greenfield, Miller, Marionville, Pierce City and College Heights and did not find any. Please let me know if I missed one, or if you know a student-athlete competing in a program outside of the search area.

You left out Reeds Spring on the Big 8 list. I might be missing someone.. but
5 total (1 Division I. 2 Division II, 2 NAIA )

Reactions: Craig Hull
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT