ADVERTISEMENT

Stop me if you have heard this one...

bullitpdq68

Sep 22, 2005
Home of the Cubs!!
I was having a conversation the other day about Covid with a few people, (and I consider these people to be of relative average or higher intelligence or did) and the subject of the vaccination's full approval came up. I mentioned that because of that we will probably see more forced vaccinations now, because there should be less reason for people to be afraid of taking it. And I did mention to them I am vaccinated.

Well one of them asked me if I knew that only about 25% of those getting the vaccine currently are actually getting the vaccine, and that the rest were getting a placebo? And because I was not having any issues, I probably got the placebo because there is no cure for a virus… I was like no I had not heard that…they went on to say yep that is why you are not hearing about all the actual issues with the vaccine they are covering up all the true issues people are having and that almost 10% that are receiving the true vaccine are dying or are being deformed. I just shook my head and said interesting can you send me some information on that and went on my way...

Over the last year I have learned I am not going to fight with anybody over Covid and thier beliefs not worth it to me...but seems like everyday I hear crazier stuff coming out of people....I continue to wonder were do they get it.

Anyways just interested if anybody else had heard this yet?

I was having a conversation the other day about Covid with a few people, (and I consider these people to be of relative average or higher intelligence or did) and the subject of the vaccination's full approval came up. I mentioned that because of that we will probably see more forced vaccinations now, because there should be less reason for people to be afraid of taking it. And I did mention to them I am vaccinated.

Well one of them asked me if I knew that only about 25% of those getting the vaccine currently are actually getting the vaccine, and that the rest were getting a placebo? And because I was not having any issues, I probably got the placebo because there is no cure for a virus… I was like no I had not heard that…they went on to say yep that is why you are not hearing about all the actual issues with the vaccine they are covering up all the true issues people are having and that almost 10% that are receiving the true vaccine are dying or are being deformed. I just shook my head and said interesting can you send me some information on that and went on my way...

Over the last year I have learned I am not going to fight with anybody over Covid and thier beliefs not worth it to me...but seems like everyday I hear crazier stuff coming out of people....I continue to wonder were do they get it.

Anyways just interested if anybody else had heard this yet?
Social media is going to destroy us..! 😣

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Surprising...<br><br>Is catching Covid now better than more vaccine? - BBC News <a href="https://t.co/cKvoscmcuO">https://t.co/cKvoscmcuO</a></p>&mdash; Anna Brees (@BreesAnna) <a href=" ">August 21, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
A whole bunch of people get a flu shot EVERY year to try to keep from getting the flu, or at least not have it as bad. I do and it has worked pretty well for me and I'm about to be 68 years old.

Reactions: Expect2Win
Thanks but None of that info is ground breaking ....the issue is that to many people believed that wearing mask's and everyone getting the vax would easily and quickly fix this issue and life would go back to normal. Well after we all got locked down and Flattened the curve. That was never going to be the case. And it never will.

As a virus it will and does mutate and it has and will continue to and science will probably not be able to keep up and win against mother nature. Eventually we will have to start living with C19 and go on with life and the consequences.... I know a bitter pill to swallow. We have had is so KUSH for so long the thought of a continued yearly C19 death rate is mind blowing to many.

I mean a third of all C19 deaths have come since Jan.....Yikes.

@MGHS I think one thing we can agree on is that Vax or mask were never going to defeat Covid, it is a virus and if we can't get rid of the common cold the flue how could we have ever thought we could defeat Covid. I never believed Mask nor a Vax would stop it, my hope was it would slow it down enough to save a few lives while we hopefully find a better treatment. That is what is mind blowing that we don't yet have a better understanding of how to treat it? It's been over a year and with today's knowledge that is like a decade and the best we can do is vent the critical ill?
They had Covid in labs for who knows how long "studing" the dang thing and at this point they don't have a better understanding of how to treat those who become sick with it? Why are we studing these things then? I thought that is why these labs went out and found these virus for was to help mankind if we ever did have a pandemic with one of them?

Wasn't meant to be ground breaking, but thanks. Meant to let the experts vaxxers know that their line of BS is not being validated by results of the jab
We didn't get anywhere near enough people vaccinated and more folks kept getting it which allows it to mutate even more. We didn't get anywhere close to the 'herd immunity' numbers to keep it knocked down. If masks don't do any good why were the cold and flu numbers down so much last year?

Blah blah blah, go get your 3rd vax and live prosperous
Not time for me yet, my 2nd one was in April. No problem for me when the time comes, I get a flu shot every year. Blah Blah Blah for you folks that bitch and moan about the vaccine when it's been proven to work quite well. Not mention the new variant is slaloming kids pretty hard too, that used to be your argument, kids and young adults are very low risk. Not so much anymore.

@MGHS I think one thing we can agree on is that Vax or mask were never going to defeat Covid, it is a virus and if we can't get rid of the common cold the flue how could we have ever thought we could defeat Covid. I never believed Mask nor a Vax would stop it, my hope was it would slow it down enough to save a few lives while we hopefully find a better treatment. That is what is mind blowing that we don't yet have a better understanding of how to treat it? It's been over a year and with today's knowledge that is like a decade and the best we can do is vent the critical ill?
They had Covid in labs for who knows how long "studing" the dang thing and at this point they don't have a better understanding of how to treat those who become sick with it? Why are we studing these things then? I thought that is why these labs went out and found these virus for was to help mankind if we ever did have a pandemic with one of them?

We are in agreement...on the Virus and the problem is that the MSM and Some politicians acted like if we did XY&Z then all would be fixed. And this whole thing became a wedge dividing the nation.

I'm a little more optimistic than you on how we have handled this the fast track of the Vax was unheard of as Red tape was thrown out the window and information sharing between competing companies to get the vax out fast was mind boggling to those in the health field.

I think the issue with treatment is that this Virus seems to effect and do damage to each individual in different ways. In the past when these Virus that can jump from humans and animals broke lose they ran like Wild Fire through the population and sort of burned out after the carnage. In some ways we are just slow playing that out come over years. I'm not saying this isn't the approach we should be taking to save lives. But I don't know if long term a slow burn isn't worse than a Explosion that goes out?

We didn't get anywhere near enough people vaccinated and more folks kept getting it which allows it to mutate even more. We didn't get anywhere close to the 'herd immunity' numbers to keep it knocked down. If masks don't do any good why were the cold and flu numbers down so much last year?
I explained that to you in another thread and sited/linked Experts who work at the mayo clinic on why that was.....First off they stated that we stopped testing for the Flu and diagnosing symptoms as the common cold. It's not complicated to figure out if you actually look at the data and the factors involved in compiling that data. If you don't test for the flu or your health provider doesn't document symptoms as the common cold then of course those numbers go wayyyyyy down. And you do know there is no test for the common cold right? That is why they can develop a treatment it is ever changing.

I also pointed out that no peer reviewed study has been done on the effectiveness of mask in this country and then again sited a link to a study abroad that showed they was not that effective.

Why do you ignore science and just blindly follow the half truths of the MSM, when it's easy to do a bit of research and get the truth?

You can do what ever you want but it's a strange approach to life and how you see it. I prefer to live in a fact based data driven reality. You seem to be more than happy to create your own narrative and believe that is how the world works. To each his own.

Not time for me yet, my 2nd one was in April. No problem for me when the time comes, I get a flu shot every year. Blah Blah Blah for you folks that bitch and moan about the vaccine when it's been proven to work quite well. Not mention the new variant is slaloming kids pretty hard too, that used to be your argument, kids and young adults are very low risk. Not so much anymore.

Yeah here is the science.....0.00% to 0.22% have died from the covid.......and kids getting the covid might be a good thing as they build immunity at a younger age and thus their body is better equipped to fight it. Again they are still at a lower risk, maybe it has slightly adjusted but not by massive amounts.

Your emotion and anger always seems to override logic. The issue with the vaccine from the non-vaxer crowd isn't the vaccine. It's the idea that people like you want to enforce their will and ideas upon them in a Free society. And if they don't comply you get yourselves worked up into a tizzy!

Nobody on the non-vaxer side is trying to stop anyone from getting the vaccine, ....well except for a few crazy nutters.....who the authorities need to deal with. But that is what happens when you corner the crazy's they go postal. But back to my original OP why can't you allow non-vax's to not get the vax....If you get vaxed and wear a mask then you should be in the safety zone......the only people that are at risk are the non-vaxers then.....are you such a authoritarian at heart that you can't stand it if everyone doesn't bend a knee to your moral and biased view point?

While I think it's illogical not to get vaxed, I fully support my fellow Americans stance of not being forced to inject a vax into their bodies.

I explained that to you in another thread and sited/linked Experts who work at the mayo clinic on why that was.....First off they stated that we stopped testing for the Flu and diagnosing symptoms as the common cold. It's not complicated to figure out if you actually look at the data and the factors involved in compiling that data. If you don't test for the flu or your health provider doesn't document symptoms as the common cold then of course those numbers go wayyyyyy down. And you do know there is no test for the common cold right? That is why they can develop a treatment it is ever changing.

I also pointed out that no peer reviewed study has been done on the effectiveness of mask in this country and then again sited a link to a study abroad that showed they was not that effective.

Why do you ignore science and just blindly follow the half truths of the MSM, when it's easy to do a bit of research and get the truth?

You can do what ever you want but it's a strange approach to life and how you see it. I prefer to live in a fact based data driven reality. You seem to be more than happy to create your own narrative and believe that is how the world works. To each his own.

Actually that is wrong we never stopped testing for the flu, they just didn't preform as many test. I know last year if you were sick they might first test for Covid if that test was neg they would then test for Flu.

We did test less by over half but even those test were down over 98% but still 22,000 people were reported to have died from the flu in 2020.

After the pandemic started, positive tests for the flu virus plummeted by 98% in the United States, for example, whereas the number of samples submitted for testing dropped by only 61%1. In the end, the US 2019–20 flu season was rated as ‘moderate’ by the CDC, which estimates that 38 million people fell ill with influenza, and 22,000 people died. That’s fewer than in recent years, but not unprecedented.

interesting read.

I know it was not as bad in schools and that is a HUGE indicator of how it was in the state/country as a whole.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT