ADVERTISEMENT

So I emailed my State Rep

Toots_mcgee

Nov 10, 2020
It’s a person I have known for 25 years.
I have never complained to this person about anything. But recent events prompted me to email.

Summary of my email: (not the actual email)

I can’t believe you as a former educator stays affiliated with a group that defunds libraries, supports the attempted overthrow of the 2020 election, and trusts a 17 year old with an AR-15 but not a library book. Do we really want state control over what books we offer in our school libraries? What happened to the common sense educator I used to know?

Summary of his response:

You are partisan. Do you want boys playing girls sports? Big cities are rampant with crime. Do you want more government spending and higher taxes for everyone?

The topics of Gun Safety, Public libraries, local control of schools, and democracy were not addressed. Only a laundry list of Tucker/Hannity bullet points I wasn’t asking about.

I really think the supermajority and total control of our state government by one party has made the righties go off the deep end and lose all perspective about their roles. They don’t have to be responsive to their constituents inquiries. They are untouchable. And to them everything is just a partisan attack.

It’s a person I have known for 25 years.
I have never complained to this person about anything. But recent events prompted me to email.

Summary of my email: (not the actual email)

I can’t believe you as a former educator stays affiliated with a group that defunds libraries, supports the attempted overthrow of the 2020 election, and trusts a 17 year old with an AR-15 but not a library book. Do we really want state control over what books we offer in our school libraries? What happened to the common sense educator I used to know?

Summary of his response:

You are partisan. Do you want boys playing girls sports? Big cities are rampant with crime. Do you want more government spending and higher taxes for everyone?

The topics of Gun Safety, Public libraries, local control of schools, and democracy were not addressed. Only a laundry list of Tucker/Hannity bullet points I wasn’t asking about.

I really think the supermajority and total control of our state government by one party has made the righties go off the deep end and lose all perspective about their roles. They don’t have to be responsive to their constituents inquiries. They are untouchable. And to them everything is just a partisan attack.
Missouri's lack of oversight of funding/bribing of lawmakers presents a real problem.

The dude from StL owns about every GOPer in the state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT