ADVERTISEMENT

North Kansas City School District

A weird ending to the regular season in C6D7 . Battle loses their final 4 games and I'm guessing the #1 seed falling all the way to 4th. Blue Springs South loses last night to Liberty North and they hadn't lost since Jan 5th. Rock Bridge ended very strong and jumped to the 1 seed. Hickman beat Battle but then lost to Vashon by 27 last night.
Vashon, Ritter and Tolton in particular play National schedules. Records, as I am sure you know, very deceiving. As for final week upsets they seem to happen every year especially if teams already know their seeds. Liberty North is among a large group of teams with records somewhere around .500 who can jump up and pull a shocker at any time. We may see a few in the KC metro in the larger classes. Their rival Liberty is one who could do just that on a given night.

Vashon, Ritter and Tolton in particular play National schedules. Records, as I am sure you know, very deceiving. As for final week upsets they seem to happen every year especially if teams already know their seeds. Liberty North is among a large group of teams with records somewhere around .500 who can jump up and pull a shocker at any time. We may see a few in the KC metro in the larger classes. Their rival Liberty is one who could do just that on a given night.
On the Central MO (Battle losing 4 straight) note Jefferson City is another of those "mid pack" potential upsetters. Wins over Hickman and Springfield Parkview suggest they won't be an easy out, either.

Battle losing 4 straight is very surprising. Wondered if they had some kids sick or hurt who knows.

Agree with Jeff City, they have the roster to play with anyone and can make another run to the final four like they did last year.

District openers: As expected Oak Park and Staley rolled big time tonight. Awaiting the NKC-LN final as well as Liberty-Park Hill. Winnetonka actually got a forfeit advancement vs. East and will play Smithville Saturday at home. The other semi will be a battle of Independence as Chrisman wins as expected while Van Horn shocks 2 seed Kearney at home. Here I go again assuming................turned off radio feed of that one with the KDogs up 16 and controlling everything in the first half. Guess I will never learn LOL.

It took OT but NKC survives at home over what I had mentioned circa a month ago was a rapidly improving Liberty North. Liberty won easily so Saturday C5 D8 holds form: Oak Park vs. Liberty followed by Staley vs. host NKC (always look out for top teams who escape the prior round). All four NKCSD teams are alive and well!

It took OT but NKC survives at home over what I had mentioned circa a month ago was a rapidly improving Liberty North. Liberty won easily so Saturday C5 D8 holds form: Oak Park vs. Liberty followed by Staley vs. host NKC (always look out for top teams who escape the prior round). All four NKCSD teams are alive and well!
Out East Blue Springs upsets arch rival Blue Springs South for just their 6th win of the season. Fort Osage hung in there with the 2 seed Hickman all the way until the end. Rock Bridge vs. Battle in the semis on Saturday. Nothing like driving almost 2 hours to play your next door neighbor.

Reactions: thetophat2021
District openers: As expected Oak Park and Staley rolled big time tonight. Awaiting the NKC-LN final as well as Liberty-Park Hill. Winnetonka actually got a forfeit advancement vs. East and will play Smithville Saturday at home. The other semi will be a battle of Independence as Chrisman wins as expected while Van Horn shocks 2 seed Kearney at home. Here I go again assuming................turned off radio feed of that one with the KDogs up 16 and controlling everything in the first half. Guess I will never learn LOL.
Heard Tonka was up something like 50 at the half so East packed up and headed home.

Going back and forth and back and forth and.......................decided best course today would be to do the MSHSAA.TV thing so will do score coverage of both Class 6 District 8 semifinals from NKC! Look for the first independent thread Oak Park vs. Liberty circa 2:50 PM.

Now guaranteed HALF the district is headed to the C5 and 6 Quarterfinals! WHAT A YEAR for these exceptional teams.................

Winnetonka's win puts the district in a golden position to have TWO final four entrants next weekend at Mizzou Arena..............

Winnetonka's win puts the district in a golden position to have TWO final four entrants next weekend at Mizzou Arena..............
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED as Oak Park draws out late and wins by 10 over a very game Hickman (Columbia also had a banner boys BB year).

Peeking ahead just being the objective fan Tonka is a double digits underdog to what I now think is the C5 favorite DeSmet while OP will be a slight favorite over Chaminade. C6 final four is very wide open BUT look at Ritter's MO record. Unblemished.

Will cover both NKCSD semis beginning with Tonka-DeSmet at 4 PM Wednesday.

Reactions: HomeyR
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT