ADVERTISEMENT

MSHSAA TV

oldbaldguy85

Jan 18, 2008
I am sure this is an easy question for most of you to answer but I have not yet succumbed to paying MSHSAA to watch a playoff game in the comforts of my own home but I am likely going to break that streak tomorrow night. Will be watching Borgia at Park Hills Central live on Saturday but thinking about catching the Hannibal - Lutheran North game on TV on Friday night (seems like that one will be a fairly exciting/interesting game). Do I log onto MSHSAA's website to view this? Or do I view it on MSHSAA TV? How much will it cost me? I am assuming that I will be able to order it on Smart TV by going to the website? Are there announcers and is the video a quality production?

I am sure this is an easy question for most of you to answer but I have not yet succumbed to paying MSHSAA to watch a playoff game in the comforts of my own home but I am likely going to break that streak tomorrow night. Will be watching Borgia at Park Hills Central live on Saturday but thinking about catching the Hannibal - Lutheran North game on TV on Friday night (seems like that one will be a fairly exciting/interesting game). Do I log onto MSHSAA's website to view this? Or do I view it on MSHSAA TV? How much will it cost me? I am assuming that I will be able to order it on Smart TV by going to the website? Are there announcers and is the video a quality production?
dont-no.gif

i use the app on my firetv cube. its not an app available everywhere by any means lol

the game will cost u 10 plus tax

quality and if sound available is based off who is providing the source.

I have watched a significant number of games this season. Have the app on the Roku and enjoyed games during the regular season and a few postseason despite the cost.
I must say, I give a lot of credit to Nixa High School and its video production class and advisor, camera operators do a great job and the graphics and game production is quality. I would hire many of their students directly from high school if I was a television station general manager.
Announcers are high school students so this is a learning opportunity for them and you must understand that while watching the games. That’s not meant to be criticism by any means, even the best professional play by play and color commentators were not polished and ready for the pros in high school.
Most of the games use either the radio broadcast with the video or sometimes no audio at all, depends on the host school.

The broadcasters and quality of the stream is dependent on each individual producing the content.

The only role MSHSAA has is forcing the people doing the stream to use their platform so they can content block it and charge a fee to view.

As long as they don’t have their 15 year old announcers who haven’t played sports since 2nd grade
The guys doing the Nixa Carthage game this year weren't nearly as bad as some I've heard in the past. One of them referenced how annoying is was to play at Carthage because of "that stupid canon". Which I thought was funny considering Nixa has a fireworks show after every touchdown.

The guys doing the Nixa Carthage game this year weren't nearly as bad as some I've heard in the past. One of them referenced how annoying is was to play at Carthage because of "that stupid canon". Which I thought was funny considering Nixa has a fireworks show after every touchdown.
The ones that stream basketball only seem to have a basic understanding of the rules.
Also don’t seem to really have much understanding about classifications, districts, etc.

I like free, but don’t be afraid to fork over ten bucks (plus tax). You shit that away about two to three hours after every McDonalds meal (or insert your favorite fat food restaurant name here).

Remember, if you went in person you’d lay out $10 or more in gate fee and gas or whatever.

Don’t let MSHSAA keep you from enjoying life.

BUT as warned earlier in this thread, the quality varies and MSHSAA has no control over it, except maybe the state championship games.

I like free, but don’t be afraid to fork over ten bucks (plus tax). You shit that away about two to three hours after every McDonalds meal (or insert your favorite fat food restaurant name here).

Remember, if you went in person you’d lay out $10 or more in gate fee and gas or whatever.

Don’t let MSHSAA keep you from enjoying life.

BUT as warned earlier in this thread, the quality varies and MSHSAA has no control over it, except maybe the state championship games.
I don't know if I buy it on not ( Im leaning towards I don't believe it ) but two weeks in a row NXT level media has streamed games that were supposedly unwatchable . First game was Joplin vs Kickapoo next game was Webb vs Carthage. Everyone on Facebook was demanding refunds for both games . I streamed the same Webb game from kneo without any issues. NXT Level claimed the problem was they send their stream to MSHAA and they bounce it back and it slows down the stream . I think that's a lie bc I've streamed a ton of playoff games from kneo for Webb and Seneca and never once had an issue . I think MSHAA just puts up a pay wall and that is the extent of their work

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
Don't believe a thing NXT says. I know they steal pictures taken by others and claim them as their own.

Reactions: Craig Hull
Don't believe a thing NXT says. I know they steal pictures taken by others and claim them as their own.
I've never liked those guys . They basically slob on joplins knob mostly . They follow Joplin , Webb , Carthage , Seneca and Neosho . They for some reason completely ignore CJ . They also make it a point without making it a point to root against Webb . I think I posted something about this last year but I don't understand how they are solvent . If you look at their FB posts they normally have damn near zero comments and very low views . They have an office in an expensive downtown Joplin building. Kinda blows my mind honestly

Last edited:
I've never liked those guys . They basically slob on joplins knob mostly . They follow Joplin , Webb , Carthage , and Neosho . They for some reason completely ignore CJ . They also make it a point without making it a point to root against Webb . I think I posted something about this last year but I don't understand how they are solvent . If you look at their FB posts they normally have damn near zero comments and very low views . They have an office in an expensive downtown Joplin building. Kinda blows my mind honestly
Sounds like the perfect front for something else lol

For webb we just go to kneo.org and the usual link to the game forwards you to the payment option and then it plays. Not sure how to watch another team.

I understand that MSHSAA is money hungry and that part sucks, but I personally don't get all the issues with paying 10 bucks to watch a broadcast of a playoff game. It's much cheaper than going to the game so you're still saving money.

I've never liked those guys . They basically slob on joplins knob mostly . They follow Joplin , Webb , Carthage , and Neosho . They for some reason completely ignore CJ . They also make it a point without making it a point to root against Webb . I think I posted something about this last year but I don't understand how they are solvent . If you look at their FB posts they normally have damn near zero comments and very low views . They have an office in an expensive downtown Joplin building. Kinda blows my mind honestly
I don't get it either. They have some decent equipment and the picture quality is pretty good but beyond that their product is very amateurish and at times downright cringey. They posted an interview with the Carthage coach earlier this year with no audio. The business plan just doesn't add up to me. They are basically providing a redundant product that isn't better. I have no idea how on earth they cover expenses and payroll. Not that it's any of my business, I'm just genuinely curious how it works.

My assumption in the past was someone with money and personal connection funded this venture as a charity of sorts, so I figured it would run it's course after a season or three but here they still are.

Muck FSHSAA!

How the hell does it make any sense for them to have broadcast rights to games that are being broadcast sometimes by the school's student media club, local cable company, or radio stations when they have no part in producing the broadcasts? I am a Poplar Bluff guy first and foremost and I moved to Farmington in 2021, KWOC started broadcasting the games live on Facebook and YouTube in the COVID season but they have to bow to MSHSAA during playoffs games because these jerks are greedy.

I don't know if I buy it on not ( Im leaning towards I don't believe it ) but two weeks in a row NXT level media has streamed games that were supposedly unwatchable . First game was Joplin vs Kickapoo next game was Webb vs Carthage. Everyone on Facebook was demanding refunds for both games . I streamed the same Webb game from kneo without any issues. NXT Level claimed the problem was they send their stream to MSHAA and they bounce it back and it slows down the stream . I think that's a lie bc I've streamed a ton of playoff games from kneo for Webb and Seneca and never once had an issue . I think MSHAA just puts up a pay wall and that is the extent of their work
As someone who streams games for Ava I will say that I’ve had a few minor issues with the MSHSAA (Blueframe/Hudl) platform. One year I was broadcasting a Greenwood/Hartville playoff basketball game and the stream went down for a few minutes for no reason. I had great internet and no equipment issues, it was just a weird bug in the stream. This has only happened to me a few times streaming to MSHSAA but just wanted to say that it’s not the greatest platform and it’s a shame that the viewer has to pay $10 without knowing what level of quality they’ll get in the broadcast.

To me, a broadcast like Nixa’s is worth paying $10 to watch however a broadcast with no announcers and 1 camera that’s too zoomed out to see anything is not worth the $10.

As someone who streams games for Ava I will say that I’ve had a few minor issues with the MSHSAA (Blueframe/Hudl) platform. One year I was broadcasting a Greenwood/Hartville playoff basketball game and the stream went down for a few minutes for no reason. I had great internet and no equipment issues, it was just a weird bug in the stream. This has only happened to me a few times streaming to MSHSAA but just wanted to say that it’s not the greatest platform and it’s a shame that the viewer has to pay $10 without knowing what level of quality they’ll get in the broadcast.

To me, a broadcast like Nixa’s is worth paying $10 to watch however a broadcast with no announcers and 1 camera that’s too zoomed out to see anything is not worth the $10.
What's your take on tonights game? Good Luck!

What's your take on tonights game? Good Luck!
I was thinking we’d lose by 2-3 TDs but didn’t expect that level of thrashing. The last time we lost a game that badly was to a Lutheran North team that had SEC commits on the roster. Congrats to Seneca! I know many in Ava are rooting for you!

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT