ADVERTISEMENT

Today's local (KC metro) upset watch C5 playoff game

thetophat2021

Jun 14, 2021
Kearney, MO
Grandview at Pembroke Hill. We have already seen more than one major upset both boys and girls BB where a (heavy) favorite got shocked in a road district playoff game (two involved Kearney) and this could be today's! Staley is also playing at NKC still think the Falcons are the hottest team going in this area right now but another to definitely watch (will do so on MSHSAA. tv with updates today)!

Reactions: da bears 25
Credit to now likely final four entrant Grandview for winning huge at Pembroke. Raytown also held serve so those two now vie for the C5 D7 title Tuesday.

With Gabe being out and 2 others fouling out for Webb, they went from a 2 point lead in the beginning of the 4th to a 10 point loss. Just to much to over come but a really good year for Webb finishing 21-7.

Reactions: thetophat2021
With Gabe being out and 2 others fouling out for Webb, they went from a 2 point lead in the beginning of the 4th to a 10 point loss. Just to much to over come but a really good year for Webb finishing 21-7.
Didn't post but, at full strength, had Webb winning this one. Agree very solid season. Now that we are down to the C5 Sweet 16 I like Grandview more than ever (extreme impressive road win over a semifinalist from a year ago) to at least advance to the Final Four in CoMo.

Raytown beat Grandview in 2ot. Goes to show how competitive that district was and yes it hurts to say it but a full strength Webb team and they are right there. Ugh

Raytown beat Grandview in 2ot. Goes to show how competitive that district was and yes it hurts to say it but a full strength Webb team and they are right there. Ugh
Was wondering why that took so long. That quarter will now be a tossup. Seeing roads paved for those elite teams that survive now. Peeking at the C4-6 quarters that C5 Sikeston-Vianney game really stands out.

Always hate seeing untimely injuries regardless of sport or level. Class 6 looks pretty clear cut unless these upsets get even more shocking (Ritter, SPG Central, Chaminade and Oak Park have to be pretty good bets now). Class 5 tighter as mentioned but going Sikeston, a very motivated Jeff City, DeSmet and Raytown (much as I'd love to see Tonka pull it off). Class 4 another dandy is PH Central vs. JB going the latter, Tolton, Vashon and KC Central.

Title game guesses:

C6 - Cardinal Ritter vs. Oak Park
C5 - Sikeston vs. DeSmet
C4 - Father Tolton vs. Vashon

Raytown and Winnetonka live and die by the 3. I've seen them both go ice cold from 3 for a whole game or half game and they lost all of those games.

KC Central is a team I'm watching in C4. I'm not sure I'm right on this, but I think they picked up player(s) at semester to add to their main 2 guys. They beat C6 Rock Bridge and played Oak Park much closer than most. Hard to believe 30 years have passed from the legendary Central teams with Derrick Hood and Raytown and Ty Lue and crew.

Raytown and Winnetonka live and die by the 3. I've seen them both go ice cold from 3 for a whole game or half game and they lost all of those games.

KC Central is a team I'm watching in C4. I'm not sure I'm right on this, but I think they picked up player(s) at semester to add to their main 2 guys. They beat C6 Rock Bridge and played Oak Park much closer than most. Hard to believe 30 years have passed from the legendary Central teams with Derrick Hood and Raytown and Ty Lue and crew.
Before Spectrum all but wrecked MetroSports they used to replay that infamous game at Muni every year around this time.

Always hate seeing untimely injuries regardless of sport or level. Class 6 looks pretty clear cut unless these upsets get even more shocking (Ritter, SPG Central, Chaminade and Oak Park have to be pretty good bets now). Class 5 tighter as mentioned but going Sikeston, a very motivated Jeff City, DeSmet and Raytown (much as I'd love to see Tonka pull it off). Class 4 another dandy is PH Central vs. JB going the latter, Tolton, Vashon and KC Central.

Title game guesses:

C6 - Cardinal Ritter vs. Oak Park
C5 - Sikeston vs. DeSmet
C4 - Father Tolton vs. Vashon
hard to bet against those title game matchups. would make for 3 outstanding championship games.

Would love to see Central go all the way but I am a big proponent of schedule paying off this time of year and Vashon's has few if any equals. Several wins over National programs but did lose in-state albeit to Chaminade who will be a serious C6 threat moving forward.

Would love to see Central go all the way but I am a big proponent of schedule paying off this time of year and Vashon's has few if any equals. Several wins over National programs but did lose in-state albeit to Chaminade who will be a serious C6 threat moving forward.
Father Tolten vs Vashon in the Championship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT