ADVERTISEMENT

Impact of the class 1 cap

ap18103083401469-c5e7a1c11a40f134161beaa21902a9d5588e74f3-s800-c85.webp
Very hilarious but I do really feel for those dying Whales.............

Not Belton, Joey.

Turnovers Top.. remember, a scoop and score off a bad onside kick and a fumble deep in their own territory. The great equalizer. The blowout came in the second half. K had double the yards and 2.5 x the first downs.

Last edited:
As a MVBT Liberty grad the first thing I do every time someone posts about classes changing is I rifle through it to see if Lamar is getting bumped up 😅

Seneca is glad they are going to class 3 and Lamar will stay class 2.

Turnovers Top.. remember, a scoop and score off a bad onside kick and a fumble deep in their own territory. The great equalizer. The blowout came in the second half. K had double the yards and 2.5 x the first downs.
I remember that one all too well. 21-7 Pirates late in the 3rd then they tired out in the 4th. K was very, very fortunate to escape that one in my opinion.

I remember that one all too well. 21-7 Pirates late in the 3rd then they tired out in the 4th. K was very, very fortunate to escape that one in my opinion.

Yes, inconsistent. But you are talking about a young team, mostly sophs and juniors. The same juniors and sophs that put up 29 on Fort in the first half.

You have an excuse for everything. Actually saw this game, at no point was this a blowout. Basically Kearney couldn't do much offensively, so that resulted in them lining up with 3 backs in the backfield and letting the all world TE carry the ball the entire 2nd half. Belton didn't have an answer for it.

Blowout, not so much Joey. Without Grace this year, will be interesting to see who they turn to when the shit hits the fan. Cuz at some point it will, regardless of their all world Jr Track Class.

Reactions: TheRealJoey
You have an excuse for everything. Actually saw this game, at no point was this a blowout. Basically Kearney couldn't do much offensively, so that resulted in them lining up with 3 backs in the backfield and letting the all world TE carry the ball the entire 2nd half. Belton didn't have an answer for it.

Blowout, not so much Joey. Without Grace this year, will be interesting to see who they turn to when the shit hits the fan. Cuz at some point it will, regardless of their all world Jr Track Class.

Maybe they'll sling those high percentage deep balls to the fast kids?

Reactions: Edgeman3
Yes, inconsistent. But you are talking about a young team, mostly sophs and juniors. The same juniors and sophs that put up 29 on Fort in the first half.
Was at that one live it was amazing. Best offensive coaching I've seen at KTown since Jones' best years. We shall see don't get me wrong I am very confident about the coming 2023 squad but gotta get over the Smithville hump and it won't be nearly as easy as it may look on paper.

That's true..Grace carried them vs. Platte County when the sh*t hit the fan in the 2nd half--they just fed him the ball down the field. And he carried them in their first win vs. Smithville in that he scored a 44-yard TD reception and basically smashed them down the field in the second half for another TD. Funny, he only got the ball three times in the playoff game? One was a TD, another a 20-yard reception. A fumble on one. But only three times with the ball? I guess panic set in when they got behind with all those turnovers.

But the backfield is pretty stacked coming into this year. All the same. WRs all the same. The best of the line back. Hmmm? The state championship track team will be gone Edgeman. They win another title here in May and then its off to Nebraska for Noland (another big time football playmaker.)

Agreed. You are right.

No doubt, I just don't think you can go through a whole season playing really bad teams. Also, sometimes, they did not look that good even against some of the bad teams--for a quarter or two. Weird.

Reactions: thetophat2021
No doubt, I just don't think you can go through a whole season playing really bad teams. Also, sometimes, they did not look that good even against some of the bad teams--for a quarter or two. Weird.
Also gotta remember Minnick is relatively inexperienced as a HC. Time will fix a lot of what we saw last year.

Class 2
1Centralia313
2Clever312
3Holden312
4Strafford312
5Pembroke Hill303
6Lamar300
7Palmyra299
8Central (New Madrid County)296
9Fair Grove293
10St. Michael the Archangel289
11Houston285
12Springfield Catholic283
13Montgomery County282
14El Dorado Springs280
15Bowling Green278
16North Callaway HS276
17Lawson274
18Lift for Life Academy Charter269
19Lexington268
20Liberty (Mountain View)262
21Trenton256
22Stockton/Sheldon251
23Jefferson (Festus)247
24East Prairie246
25Hermann244
26Clark County243
27Kelly241
28Missouri Military Academy238
29Father Tolton Regional Catholic235
30Lafayette County235
31Skyline/Macks Creek233
32Lathrop231
33Pleasant Hope228
34Butler226
35St. Pius X (Festus)220
36South Harrison213
37Mid-Buchanan212
38Duchesne207
39Scott City206
40East Buchanan205
41Brookfield204
42Caruthersville203
43Sherwood199
44KIPP KC198
45Mark Twain198
46Charleston196
47Carrollton194
48Lone Jack193
49Monroe City193
50South Callaway192
51Highland191
52Diamond190
53Grandview (Hillsboro) HS187
54Cole Camp185
55South Shelby183
56Malden181
57Valle Catholic116up 1
Class 1
1Adrian178
2Sarcoxie178
3Crest Ridge/Chilhowee175
4Louisiana174
5Thayer173
6Windsor172
7Russellville169
8Portageville168
9Cabool164
10Marionville164
11Maysville/Winston164
12Gallatin/Tri-County163
13North Platte158
14Marceline156
15Ash Grove155
16Chaffee155
17Pierce City155
18West Platte155
19Harrisburg152
20Putnam County152
21Milan149
22Penney149
23Fayette145
24Tipton145
25Van-Far142
26Lincoln139
27Miller139
28Westran137
29Salisbury134
30Scotland County124
31Crystal City117
32Polo113
33St. Vincent112
34Midway102
35Hayti96
36Wellington-Napoleon81
Windsor better hope they don't get 'too many' kids from Calhoun.

Oh...haha, they have younger Grace, AAU national champion in the javelin that was a sophomore starting linebacker, stronger and better ball carrier than his older brother. bahaha Everyone gets two more years of that.
Maybe not stronger? I saw on twitter Grace hits mid 600s on squat, and 395 clean

Last edited:
I know they won’t release classes until late august -but if you are a school that is just over the cutoff it would be nice to know. Example, if you’re going to be the smallest team in a class then you might entertain the idea of co-oping.

Reactions: thetophat2021
I know they won’t release classes until late august -but if you are a school that is just over the cutoff it would be nice to know. Example, if you’re going to be the smallest team in a class then you might entertain the idea of co-oping.
I know a school that potentially could be short on players as big Class 2/small Class 3. Had the opportunity to co-op with a neighbor smaller school and be fine numbers wise for a traditional school their size would be. But didn't because they didn't want to get bumped in class. Heard we might be heading towards another Clinton.

Does anyone not think Lamar could compete and win in Class3? I know they would have put up a better showing in the class 3 title game last year than Reeds did. No disrespect to Reeds! IMO most years Lamer could win class3!

Does anyone not think Lamar could compete and win in Class3? I know they would have put up a better showing in the class 3 title game last year than Reeds did. No disrespect to Reeds! IMO most years Lamer could win class3!
Prob could at least still be a team to pencil in for a run most years since their heater started back in 2010-2011. There’s been years I felt class 3 was weaker then 2.

According to this thread they are 15 students from class 3.
According to an article/thread/speculation where the original comment said they think it’s wrong on MSHSAA part? Like, it’s incorrect numbers?

Idk what to make of any of that. All I know is unless things majorly change, and we know for certain what those changes are? Then they aren’t THAT close by any measure of the past.

If things keep changing? Then they can be the smallest, or one of (outside of privates who move up because of success factor) in class 3. But until that happens they are still class 2.

Are you saying in the other comment you think Senaca is worried about Lamar staying in class 2? Or they are worried about being class 3?

I can’t wait for the Senaca matchup. They are a good squad. I feel they can improve off of last year even.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT