ADVERTISEMENT

Impact of the class 1 cap

I just wonder how in the world Kearney’s high school population is on a shrinking trend since the city itself has done nothing but grow. Maybe it’s all just old people moving in?

DESE numbers for the Kearney Middle and Junior High...if you just average them...the next 4 years will be zero growth for KHS. From 815-845 on the three grade reading every year.

Truman and Chrisman are interesting. The feeder for Chrisman has 800+ for 7th and 8th and jumped tremendously in the last 5 years and would appear to have as many students as Truman's feeder, but somehow they remained in C5 for basketball and whatever similar class for wrestling, etc until this year. Strange coincidence I'm sure that the superintendent's youngest son who was a basketball star graduated last year. LOL.
I've heard they house all their ESL students at Truman which keeps Van Horn and Chrisman numbers lower but pushes Truman up a class.

How did Staley stay C5 for so long? That campus is the biggest campus I've seen in the state and now is even bigger. Didn't the students have a choice to attend there if they could transport themselves?

You have Lees Summit that has an Online Academy (that I think many will copy). I wonder if that becomes "housed" at North by Mozee or maybe Horn can convince them to let him take over the program and run it from West.

St.Joe needs to come up with something.

If you aren't being creative, you aren't trying!

Last edited:
All Chrisman and Truman MS students, 6-8, go to a common campus on 23rd street, east of 291. Van Horn has a separate MS.

DESE numbers for the Kearney Middle and Junior High...if you just average them...the next 4 years will be zero growth for KHS. From 815-845 on the three grade reading every year.
with all that track speed, class 5 should be easy peasy.

with all that track speed, class 5 should be easy peasy.
speedy-gonzales-running-t0uvc86wu0vlqdwv.gif

On that subject what are prospects for Platte County and Fort Osage this year? I know the latter returns one of the best RBs in the Metro.

Platte County...losing some talent, big time.

Salzman - Going to Arkansas State. Hurt early in the Smithville game. Out for the season. Great athlete.

What a strange season. Loaded with talent. Got slobberknockered by Kearney in the 2nd half of game 1. (just like Smithville did with the TE running over them) Then PC got beat down and injured by Smithville in game two. Seems like the wheels fell off after that with injuries. Really good talent on this team.

All-District All-Conference Players

Nate Walls RB - All Conference - Going to play college ball.
Garrett Smith-Dean 12 5'10" 160 D-BACK Platte County AC first team.
Andy McClure 12 6'2" 190 D-BACK P
Dylan Zimmerman 12 6'2" 190 PUNTER
Cameron Wolfe 12 6'1" 210 D-BACK Going to Pitt State
Chandavian Bradley 12 6'5" 220 D-LINE Platte County All Con first team Going to Tennessee. #1 ranked recruit in Missouri

They have some coming back:
All District - All Conference...
Dawsen Mizell 11 5'10" 160 WR All Confercne
Muyonta Maxwell 11 6'3" 250 O-LINE
Braden Parker - OL All Conference

Last edited:
Reactions: thetophat2021
On that subject what are prospects for Platte County and Fort Osage this year? I know the latter returns one of the best RBs in the Metro.

Fort has to rebuild the house. All the OL is gone.

All District Players graduated:

Christian Penamon 12 5'4" 145 WR Fort Osage

Linus Velder 12 5'11" 145 LINEBACKER Fort Osage

Larenzo Fenner 12 6' 175 WR/Returner Fort Osage

Roman Tillmon 12 6' 180 D-BACK Fort Osage

Anthony Thompson 10 5'10" 190 LINEBACKER

Gregory Menne 12 6'2" 210 QB Fort Osage

Martin Dieckmann 12 6'1" 210 D-END Fort Osage

Jayce Kern 12 6'2" 245 O-LINE Fort Osage

Caleb Powell 12 6'2" 300 O-LINE Fort Osage

Gregory Ulberg 12 6'2" 330 O-LINE Fort Osage

Brock Branstietter 12 6'1" 335 D-LINE Fort Osage

Two coming back:
Landon Lamb 11 5'11" 175 D-BACK
Ryver Peppers 10 5'10" 175 RB

Last edited:
Anthony Thompson is coming back. Led the state in tackles as a sophomore. Losing Roman Tillmon in the secondary is a tough loss on defense. Bransteitter is irreplaceable.

The OLine will be fine by season's end. They will be a more athletic type of line from the looks of it.

Losing the arm of Menne and the elusiveness of Fenner is the biggest issue. Coming up with some new looks on offense is crucial. Every team will put 8 in the box if they know Peppers and any other RB are going to get the ball every time. I would think they would shift to using tight ends to counter that and the fact you don't have the deep ball threat of Menne.

Anthony Thompson is coming back. Led the state in tackles as a sophomore. Losing Roman Tillmon in the secondary is a tough loss on defense. Bransteitter is irreplaceable.

The OLine will be fine by season's end. They will be a more athletic type of line from the looks of it.

Losing the arm of Menne and the elusiveness of Fenner is the biggest issue. Coming up with some new looks on offense is crucial. Every team will put 8 in the box if they know Peppers and any other RB are going to get the ball every time. I would think they would shift to using tight ends to counter that and the fact you don't have the deep ball threat of Menne.
Five solid months away as it is will bet the farm the programs endure i.e. Fort and Smithville will both be kinda green and figuring things out early then be very tough outs come November when all this really counts.

Five solid months away as it is will bet the farm the programs endure i.e. Fort and Smithville will both be kinda green and figuring things out early then be very tough outs come November when all this really counts.
Yes I know SVille is C4 but there is a commonality I like to point out especially since Kearney catches them both early again this season.

The next two years…it will be win Class 4 if they stay in it.
Which STL privates will be Class 4? Kearney is all but staying put no matter what they do with the Class numbers. Nobody was more excited than me those amazing opening three weeks last year but will that turbo loss to Smithville in the District final carry over? I privately expected Smithville to win that rematch but never, ever thought by 36. To start talking State title trust me that road still goes through our Green and White neighbors to the west returning numbers notwithstanding.

Which STL privates will be Class 4? Kearney is all but staying put no matter what they do with the Class numbers. Nobody was more excited than me those amazing opening three weeks last year but will that turbo loss to Smithville in the District final carry over? I privately expected Smithville to win that rematch but never, ever thought by 36. To start talking State title trust me that road still goes through our Green and White neighbors to the west returning numbers notwithstanding.

I don't read too much into a five-turnover loss, or six, I lost count, including a scoop and score. It does go through Smithville yes, when K beats them soundly in the regular season this year at Smithville. Along with bringing back almost all the starters, K also benefits from a vastly superior junior class. A soft schedule does no good for anyone though.

Last edited:
I don't read too much into a five-turnover loss, or six, I lost count, including a scoop and score. It does go through Smithville yes, when K beats them soundly in the regular season this year at Smithville.
We shall see. They sure owe Smithville for some major beatings on that field the past few years.

I don't read too much into a five-turnover loss, or six, I lost count, including a scoop and score. It does go through Smithville yes, when K beats them soundly in the regular season this year at Smithville.
Smithville came in with lots more focus and energy. No sub for experience. K actually caught them totally off guard third offensive play and that seemed to be the major fuel.

Smithville came in with lots more focus and energy. No sub for experience. K actually caught them totally off guard third offensive play and that seemed to be the major fuel.

The personnel gap, position to position, will be too much to overcome. These are two classes, especially the junior class next year, that have dominated since youth, and not just in football.

The personnel gap, position to position, will be too much to overcome. These are two classes, especially the junior class next year, that have dominated since youth, and not just in football.
I could see this Week 3 at Smithville but, man, do the Warriors have lots of kids out plus I still think there can be a jump in performance once kids are coached by the Varsity staff. Make no mistake Kearney is absolutely on track to do huge things but Smithville will look much better/different come playoff time.

I could see this Week 3 at Smithville but, man, do the Warriors have lots of kids out plus I still think there can be a jump in performance once kids are coached by the Varsity staff. Make no mistake Kearney is absolutely on track to do huge things but Smithville will look much better/different come playoff time.

Again, strong senior class at SV. Were good, but outshined by the previous two classes. Not so for the next two classes. Not to mention a three-year starting QB gone, as well as the entire O line, and all but four all-conf players. K comes back with 85% of their starters from classes that have dominated for years. Not happening bro.

Again, strong senior class at SV. Were good, but outshined by the previous two classes. Not so for the next two classes. Not to mention a three-year starting QB gone, as well as the entire O line, and all but four all-conf players. K comes back with 85% of their starters from classes that have dominated for years. Not happening bro.
Pencil in Kearney for the next two state titles.

Got it.

Hoping like heck you are right! I see lots of offensive pieces that make sense.

dwayne johnson come at me bro GIF

leanne-locken-lee-anne.gif

• Love
Reactions: BoosterBosko
Played goof ball schedule then got blown out in the only game that mattered. it’s hard to only play two teams with a winning record in an entire season.

Yeah, not easy to beat a finalist in Class 5 and a semifinalist in Class 4, and then turbo everyone else in the 2nd Q/

Played goof ball schedule then got blown out in the only game that mattered. it’s hard to only play two teams with a winning record in an entire season.
Year one of a brand new coaching staff. What was Ambroson's record his year one? Interesting how so few want to even discuss this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT