ADVERTISEMENT

New Conference

FootOnTheGas

May 19, 2014
Couple of weeks ago, the specific topic of St. Pius X in Festus was discussed and how the local conference schools were kicking them out of the conference...and blah blah blah...this has now escalated a bit I have heard. Pius belonged to the I-55 conference in football...which now has been disbanded and those schools have formed a new conference?? Asking for clarification on this...So if that is the case..what happens next? Seems a lot of AD's will be burning up the phones to schedule games this fall.

Couple of weeks ago, the specific topic of St. Pius X in Festus was discussed and how the local conference schools were kicking them out of the conference...and blah blah blah...this has now escalated a bit I have heard. Pius belonged to the I-55 conference in football...which now has been disbanded and those schools have formed a new conference?? Asking for clarification on this...So if that is the case..what happens next? Seems a lot of AD's will be burning up the phones to schedule games this fall.
Looking forward to seeing the teams of 4 and 5 star players from national programs Pius puts on their schedule.

From what I’ve read in the paper, and just speculating, I imagine they will dissolve the conference, and then start a new conference, possibly just w/o Pius. Meaning they may only need to find one game.

Is St Vincent in that conf?

Last edited:
Here's what my sources are telling me. New Conference with:
Grandview
Jefferson
Herky
Cuba
Perryville
Bayless
St Vincent
I would expect an announcement within the next week or so.

Here's what my sources are telling me. New Conference with:
Grandview
Jefferson
Herky
Cuba
Perryville
Bayless
St Vincent
I would expect an announcement within the next week or so.
Class 4 Perryville with all of those much smaller schools??

Perryville was yet to beat Pius, Jefferson, or St Vincent. Will move up to third in the pecking order of the new conference by default.

If you buy that they actually wanted to be in the MAFC Red with Hillsboro/Festus/North County I’ve got a bridge to sell you.

• Haha
Reactions: FootOnTheGas
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT