ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Changes 21

Sleepy Chris Rooney, who do you think should take over? Are you coming back? Doubtful because you blew that golden opportunity. Make America Great Again.

Sleepy Chris Rooney, who do you think should take over? Are you coming back? Doubtful because you blew that golden opportunity. Make America Great Again.
Why I nominate you, douche tardo...to be the next coach.

Why I nominate you, douche tardo...to be the next coach.
I think you're confused. This is Joey. He's never gone by the name Chris before. His OG profile even had a picture of himself, showing off his guns!!

60dd08e2da18d5ef1176c6ccc5ee5b134aeaec81.gifv

Yeah, get Palmer. 1-6 versus Gray to take over. That's the brilliant thinking going on now. LOL

With thinking like this, it's clear why Joeyblows is a career assistant - and not bright enough to run the show.

Tonka was 3-27 in the three years preceding Palmer's hire. They went 1-9 his first year, and 17-14 in his most recent 3 seasons. Palmer has turned Tonka from a doormat to mediocrity - in his 4 seasons at Tonka, he's 1-5 vs Kearney...not the record that I'd like to see, but Tonka is a much tougher place to coach than Kearney. With the resources and talent at Kearney, would he turn Kearney around - that's the question.

On the other side of the coin, we have Josh Gray...Kearney posted a 56-11 record in the 5 years preceding the elevation of Josh (the year they didn't have double-digit wins, Josh's D allowed 26 ppg); the Dogs went 31-21 in gray's 5 years as HC (including 15-15 the last 3.)

Is Benny the right guy for the job - I don't know, but at least he is a HC, something that Kearney has been lacking for the last FIVE years. Put Gray at Tonka and they would have continued their run of 1-9 seasons. IF Kearney hires Benny, worst case scenario, they will return to 8-9 win seasons. Kearney could certainly to worse than hiring Benny Palmer (as evidenced by the last 5 years.)

With thinking like this, it's clear why Joeyblows is a career assistant - and not bright enough to run the show.

Tonka was 3-27 in the three years preceding Palmer's hire. They went 1-9 his first year, and 17-14 in his most recent 3 seasons. Palmer has turned Tonka from a doormat to mediocrity - in his 4 seasons at Tonka, he's 1-5 vs Kearney...not the record that I'd like to see, but Tonka is a much tougher place to coach than Kearney. With the resources and talent at Kearney, would he turn Kearney around - that's the question.

On the other side of the coin, we have Josh Gray...Kearney posted a 56-11 record in the 5 years preceding the elevation of Josh (the year they didn't have double-digit wins, Josh's D allowed 26 ppg); the Dogs went 31-21 in gray's 5 years as HC (including 15-15 the last 3.)

Is Benny the right guy for the job - I don't know, but at least he is a HC, something that Kearney has been lacking for the last FIVE years. Put Gray at Tonka and they would have continued their run of 1-9 seasons. IF Kearney hires Benny, worst case scenario, they will return to 8-9 win seasons. Kearney could certainly to worse than hiring Benny Palmer (as evidenced by the last 5 years.)

How long was the O coordinator and QB coach at K? Does that coincide with anything? Just asking for a friend. The past three years the O has been predictable, and of course, with really bad QB play. I previously posted the QB ratings for the past 5 years, and they dropped dramatically starting three years ago. Granted, the running game was more effective than even Smithville this year, if you compare ypc on common opponents. But no passing game. And when something worked, it was not done again and again until an opponent stopped it. Kind of like Rule #1 in H.S. football right, genius? No, we are going to drop back and try 30-40 yard bombs to unopen receivers that can't catch.

I am sure whoever is new, they will have some people and re-interview anyone that has been there before. Some people better just clear out their stuff and go elsewhere.

Last edited:

Bennys team have never had a win against a team with a winning record. How did he turn them around? Scheduling!! Look at their non conference schedule. This year they had a combined record of 8-32. 4 wins there plus 2 against the cellar dewellers in the conference gives you six wins every year. Also discipline appears to be a problems with his team.

Bennys team have never had a win against a team with a winning record. How did he turn them around? Scheduling!! Look at their non conference schedule. This year they had a combined record of 8-32. 4 wins there plus 2 against the cellar dewellers in the conference gives you six wins every year. Also discipline appears to be a problems with his team.

This demonstrates how JustheFlatulence has never been a coach. Just a Bleacher Coach.

How long was the O coordinator and QB coach at K? Does that coincide with anything? Just asking for a friend. The past three years the O has been predictable, and of course, with really bad QB play. I previously posted the QB ratings for the past 5 years, and they dropped dramatically starting three years ago. Granted, the running game was more effective than even Smithville this year, if you compare ypc on common opponents. But no passing game. And when something worked, it was not done again and again until an opponent stopped it. Kind of like Rule #1 in H.S. football right, genius? No, we are going to drop back and try 30-40 yard bombs to unopen receivers that can't catch.

I am sure whoever is new, they will have some people and re-interview anyone that has been there before. Some people better just clear out their stuff and go elsewhere.
This pretty much says it all. Onward and upward we go!

One thing is for sure. It's not as attractive of a job as it should be, due to every move being analyzed and critiqued by the local full time message board intelligentsia.

Well Rufus, I think your fears are unwarranted--although having a jacktard like JusttheFlatulence, would certainly make someone wary. But on the bright side, the Kearney position should be highly prized:

1. Despite going 5-5 the past three seasons in football, Kearney still has the #1 Dynasty rating in Class 4 since 2002. The #10 overall in the state. http://calpreps.com/Missouri_dynasty_ratings.htm

2. No losing seasons in over 20 years.

3. Excellent facilities.

4. An enrollment in the top 10% of Class 4

5. Four State Championships and One Runner-up in Football in the past 20 years.

6. A solid feeder football program, delivering well experienced players into the 8th grade level.

7. The two most recent 9th grade classes smashed all competition, including large margin wins over Smithville and Platte County.

8. Twenty-five top 4 finishes at state in all sports since 2011.

I would certainly be asking for a raise to go there.

That losing record has some of you guys so butt hurt. You are 0-1 versus Excelsior Springs too. Clay county owns your ass.
I guess if you ever have a team that gets out of their own district again we will have a shot to even the record. Since thats never going to happen in our lifetime though, you can just continue to own our ass. I think I can live with that

I guess if you ever have a team that gets out of their own district again we will have a shot to even the record. Since thats never going to happen in our lifetime though, you can just continue to own our ass. I think I can live with that
I guess if you have a losing record after 7 games against someone, that is the only thing you have to fall back on.

I guess if you have a losing record after 7 games against someone, that is the only thing you have to fall back on.
No dog in this fight. But 16 state titles and 19 semis in last 22 years beats all that to hell. I watched a better Kearny team in 07 i believe lose to webb at Kearney. The 03 and 04 kearney teams were otstanding.

Reactions: WaggleQB
No dog in this fight. But 16 state titles and 19 semis in last 22 years beats all that to hell. I watched a better Kearny team in 07 i believe lose to webb at Kearney. The 03 and 04 kearney teams were otstanding.
there is ZERO comparison in the programs, really. One has a loooong tradition, the other has had a few great (2 outstanding) years. This is all message board bantering.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT