ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Changes 21

It won't be. Munir Prince was named interm, he will be the head coach next year. The principal Matt Irvin was the offensive line coach. he quit week 3, then with the help of the AD office promoted and demoted coaches and created crazy situation at Webster. Yesterday Buha and 5 coaches resigned. Prince is the assistant AD and will now be the head coach next year. If that doesn't happen I will eat my socks.

I live in Webster, I watched Coach Ice destroy that program the last 5 years he was the coach in Webster and Buha was starting to build it up. Had community interest in the program, had the youth program with 23 8th graders.

He got 3 covid games and 3 regular season games before this happened.

The Webster Groves rebuild is 4-5 years.
What happened Ice's last 5 years? Did he just get lazy?

Reactions: SB_5150
What happened Ice's last 5 years? Did he just get lazy?
Yes, I think he did, he was close to retirement. My son was in 6th grade and was so excited to play for him, by 8th grade he did not want to be in the Webster program. Practices were interesting to watch, not alot of game plans, no film. The locker rooms and facilities are horrid.

They just renovated the school that Moss field is on, and did not do anything to Moss or the locker rooms that are at the school. Parents threw in money and the coaches actually renovated the locker rooms this year. Buha set up a booster club and junior program was re done, had 23 kids out.

The principal quitting on the team Week 3 and then doing what he did should be a warning to all other coaches applying to coach, but it doesn't matter since Prince will be the coach and assistant AD

being a Gambling man I would go all in on Aurora and Mac County don't think those two are any secret....
You're right. I was just throwing out schools. I was mostly curious on what everyone else thought. I haven't heard of anything.

Yes, I think he did, he was close to retirement. My son was in 6th grade and was so excited to play for him, by 8th grade he did not want to be in the Webster program. Practices were interesting to watch, not alot of game plans, no film. The locker rooms and facilities are horrid.

They just renovated the school that Moss field is on, and did not do anything to Moss or the locker rooms that are at the school. Parents threw in money and the coaches actually renovated the locker rooms this year. Buha set up a booster club and junior program was re done, had 23 kids out.

The principal quitting on the team Week 3 and then doing what he did should be a warning to all other coaches applying to coach, but it doesn't matter since Prince will be the coach and assistant AD
Man, that's crazy and super unfortunate for the kids.

What was the principal's motivation or reasoning for doing what he did?

The thing is, where in the area would a larger C4, 5, or 6 worth taking in the area that opens up?

I feel like all of those guys are safe for now.
Yeah...I'm not even sure I could name one being "unsafe" if I had to. Feel like you always have surprises though. So I could see one or two of those jobs in SWMO coming open this cycle.

guessing the speculation on McCounty is strictly on the new success and a largely senior dominated roster... He did coach in the conference as an assistant, before taking that job...... hmmmmm

guessing the speculation on McCounty is strictly on the new success and a largely senior dominated roster... He did coach in the conference as an assistant, before taking that job...... hmmmmm
5983670a-6b16-4144-983f-5bc9dce436d0_text.gif

Missouri Scoop
@MissouriScoop

·
6h

Aurora High School (Aurora, MO) has posted their Head Football Position. Craig Weldy took over the Houn Dawgs in 2017 and posted a 21-29 record. Aurora is now on the clock....
Maybe Craig does not want to butt heads with son Clay, new coach at Cassville. LOL. Seriously, Houns graduated a very good group of seniors and for other personal reasons, it's a good time for him to step down.

Missouri Scoop

@MissouriScoop

·
5m

BREAKING NEWS: St. John Vianney has decided to part ways with both their Athletic Director Terry Cochran and Head Football Coach Chad Masters effective immediately. As one would expect, Vianney would likely hire the new AD then Head Coach. St. John Vianney is now on the clock

• Wow
Reactions: mysonis1
Munir Prince had the interim tab removed from his title and is the new head coach at Webster Groves.

Munir Prince had the interim tab removed from his title and is the new head coach at Webster Groves.
From what I've heard - Webster Groves has an incompetent administration and supposedly is a dumpster fire down there.

Will probably be several openings announced in the next five or six weeks.

Last edited:
Coach Gray at Kearney finishes with a 60% winning percentage at 31 and 21. A 70% winning percentage at 31-13 versus teams not named Smithville.

Heard Mac County Head Coach is leaving to take Mario Cristobals job at Oregon...You heard it here first. Cassville Head coach stepped down to run the veer at Oklahoma for Venables.

This was going to happen since he conspired with the Principal and forced Buha to resign. He basically has been coaching since week 3 since Buha had his powers taken away. He has an 0-65 loss to KW on top of the 6 loses he had while he "coached" after week 3. Should be a promising time at WG. I hope he does well, but if i was him i would be worried the admin is going to f with me too.

Coach Gray at Kearney finishes with a 60% winning percentage at 31 and 21. A 70% winning percentage at 31-13 versus teams not named Smithville.

UNDEFEATED AGAINST THE WEBBIES!!

19-1 vs Ray South, Grandview, Belton, Tonka, and Ruskin (and Webb). 12-20 vs everyone else.

UNDEFEATED AGAINST THE WEBBIES!!

19-1 vs Ray South, Grandview, Belton, Tonka, and Ruskin (and Webb). 12-20 vs everyone else.

Yeah, get Palmer. 1-6 versus Gray to take over. That's the brilliant thinking going on now. LOL

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT