ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Changes 21

Webster Groves is starting a new search for head football coach.

• Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
Webster Groves is starting a new search for head football coach.

Man...that place is having some issues.

Man...that place is having some issues.
The admin and the facilities are an absolute joke. I am mad my taxes pay for it. if the principal is still there by end of year i will be shocked, he is the cause of all of it. Its a 5+ year rebuild.

Kevin O'Neal has been named the Head Coach at his alma mater North Callaway. This will be his second time last the Thunderbird Head Coach. He got out in 2019 when he took over as A.D. and now he will wear both of those hats. GREAT HIRE for the Thunderbirds!

Reactions: 25WHEEL and revno
Vianney has hired Chris Starkey, formerly of Holbrook (AZ) High, as it’s new head football coach.

Park Hill South may be close to naming a coach.
I think it will be Monday after spring break.

Benny Palmer resigns from Tonka

i-accept-him-real-housewives-of-new-york.gif

YBanCGvD_mini.jpg

Missouri Scoop

@MissouriScoop

·
16m

With the 35th pick in this years Coaching Carousel Draft, Park Hill South selects Coach Benny Palmer to lead the Panthers into 2022. Palmer spent the past couple of years as Head Coach at Winnetonka.
Quote Tweet

Park Hill South H.S.

@ParkHillSouthHS
· 27m
We are excited to announce Coach Palmer, @theCoach_Palmer, as the sixth head football coach at PHS! Welcome to Panther Nation and the family! #DEAL

Reactions: thetophat2021
Duchesne has hired Vince Morris as nead head football coach, who was most recently an assistant at Vianney.

YBanCGvD_mini.jpg

Missouri Scoop
@MissouriScoop

·
16m

With the 35th pick in this years Coaching Carousel Draft, Park Hill South selects Coach Benny Palmer to lead the Panthers into 2022. Palmer spent the past couple of years as Head Coach at Winnetonka.
Quote Tweet

Park Hill South H.S.

@ParkHillSouthHS
· 27m
We are excited to announce Coach Palmer, @theCoach_Palmer, as the sixth head football coach at PHS! Welcome to Panther Nation and the family! #DEAL
Welp would pay for me to read the entire thread but my prediction appears to have been correct. The timing kinda gave this one away. NOW what is Tonka gonna do?

That school has been open 50 years. I'm guessing Coach Palmer's winning percentage is higher than what it was for the 46 years prior to his arrival.
I don’t know about the last 50 years but in the last 15 years Tonka had a winning percentage of .44 and Benny had a .43. Pretty par for the course.

Looks like 8-man is the place to be if you want job stability & security...

Job Openings By Classification By Year​

Classification2021-222022-232023-242024-25
8-Man0
Class 1A13
Class 2A12
Class 3A5
Class 4A10
Class 5A6*
Class 6A9
Total Openings55

* - Webster Groves Opened twice during 2021-22 off-season

I don’t know about the last 50 years but in the last 15 years Tonka had a winning percentage of .44 and Benny had a .43. Pretty par for the course.
With every passing year, it becomes more difficult to win there. The demographics north of the river continue to change in such a way that are very unkind to Winnetonka. Coach Palmer brought intangibles to the football program that can't be measured by wins and losses.

With every passing year, it becomes more difficult to win there. The demographics north of the river continue to change in such a way that are very unkind to Winnetonka. Coach Palmer brought intangibles to the football program that can't be measured by wins and losses.
You are correct that Coach brought intangibles and ran a solid program. He will do fine at PHS as well. It’s getting harder to win at a lot of places due to changing demographics, recruiting and schedules. He had some really good players in the right positions and a favorable schedule the last few years.

They had very talented teams 2011-14 then a HUUUUUUUGE dip before Benny turned things around best he could there. Seeing them in person and online the past three years it was obvious they were very well coached and a unified team just lacked all around talent. As Homey says it is all about Northland demographics. I wish him nothing but success moving into a good situation (although graduation will hit them hard this spring) at PH South.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT