ADVERTISEMENT

Carthage at Nixa

sw5890

Aug 18, 2015
Nixa has run 3 offensive plays and scored on two of them, each about 70 yards. Carthage with basically no yards on first possession. Fumbled the second kick return and started about the 5 yard line but has at least got a couple first downs now.

Carthage finished the drive without any passes, just a ton of run plays but looked good. Missed the kick so nixa up 14-6.

Nixa looking to punt now.

Actually nixa went for it on 4th down, qb sacked for a big loss and now carthage has the ball on nixa 15.

Carthage scores but penalty moves back their initial 2pt attempt so it’s now 14-13 nixa

Pretty good drive by Carthage trying to take the leak was stopped dead in its tracks by a holding penalty. Nixa trying pad the lead with about 3min in half.

I cannot believe they have the lead at halftime. They looked very good all second quarter. Could be up by 2 scores if they wouldn’t have got the holding penalty.

Hopefully tigers can keep it up. We’ll see what adjustments Perry makes.

Unofficial tally: Carthage ran 33 plays on offense to Nixa's 14 in the 1st half. Nixa's only 1st down came with about 9:30 left in the 1st quarter

Looks like the magic is over for now at least. Maybe negative yards so far on offense and a lost fumble. Nixa broke another giant run and ended up finishing to tie up the game. Now looking to retake their lead.

Unforced errors once again cost them a shot to win. They'd be 3-0 if they could get out of their own way.

Unforced errors once again cost them a shot to win. They'd be 3-0 if they could get out of their own way.
I expected a blowout so on one hand I’m thrilled to have been in a position to win. On the other it’s frustrating that as you say they could legitimately be 3-0 if they could avoid those super costly huge mistakes here and there.

34-28 nixa. Carthage had the ball with about 3 min to go and a chance to win, but a fumbled snap to setup a second and about 2 miles and gave nixa the ball basically at the Carthage end zone.

Just like last year Perry tried to pad the score instead of taking a knee.

Reactions: hsmaniac
Looks like Branson lost pretty good to Willard. How did Carthage lose by 2 scores to them but nearly beat both nixa and republic?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT