ADVERTISEMENT

Willow v.s. Liberty(Mtn View) Part 4

ChaoticFanatic

Mar 12, 2009
THE OZARKS
Tonight the 3 seed Lady Bears take on the 2 seed Lady Eagles in district action.

Will be the 4th time they’ve met this year.

They met for conference play and twice in tournaments.

First matchup was close but games 2 & 3 have been decisive double digit victories for Liberty.

I expect a competitive game tonight with it being districts and win or go home scenario.

Lady Bears are 16-11 on the year(4-3 in SCA)
Lady Eagles are 16-10 this year(5-2 in SCA)

Game is @ 730 in Seymour

Game Review

1st Quarter
— 15-14 Liberty leads after 1. Jones with a step back 3P to bring Willow within 1

2nd Quarter
— Willow leads for the first two min of the 2Q, Liberty goes on a run and leads 24-18 with 5 min left in half.
— liberty leads 31-21 at half

3rd Quarter
— Willow pulls within 7 points with 5 min left in 3Q
— Liberty leads 41-34 at the end of the 3rd

4th Quarter
— Willow cuts the deficit to 5 points early in the quarter
— Liberty leads by 10 with 3 min to go
— Liberty stretches their lead out to 13 in the final minute on FTs

Liberty over Willow 64-51 FINAL

There was a single digit deficit in every quarter of this game. At the end of the day, the Lady Bears competed all night long and this was a game of runs.
Willow made more mistakes and Liberty got about 30% of their points at the FT line.
This game could have easily came down to the final minute but it wasn’t meant to be.

Lady Bears finish the season 16-12 (4-3 in SCA)

Not bad for the youngest team in the conference with a first year head coach.

Hats off to the coach and girls on a team effort. They never quit.

Congrats to Atwell on a solid senior year. She had two 30-point games this year in her first year as a starter. She had so many steals the second half of the season that it was really hard to track. Her hustle on the defensive end and her contributions offensively will be missed. She was the only senior this year.

Congrats to Chloe Jones on almost reaching 1,000 points as a soph.
I think she ended the season with 996 career points so far.
I believe the school record for the girls career points is somewhere around 1,750. A record which has stood for somewhere around 25 years. She’s on pace to break it, obviously.

Excited to watch this team grow and improve in the next few seasons.

I was very impressed with the Willow team last night. They had a good plan. But I think at the end of the day Liberty was just a little better. Willow will be a handful the next 2 years.

Licking and Liberty in the championship. I would venture to say that Liberty is the favorite based on how things looked last night, but Licking has a great coach. They will be ready to go

Should be a fun one

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT