ADVERTISEMENT

Who “won” your jamboree?

kaching

Feb 27, 2002
I know. I know. I know. Jamborees are not real games. But still, you get a look at different teams and athletes. So, who won your jamboree!!!!

At Joplin, I woud rank the teams this way:

1) Lamar
2) Seneca
3) Webb City
4) Joplin

Joplin's gonna have a looooong year in C6.

Mountain Grove was the best team at their jam last night. Thayer was ok. Houston and Willow - ouch and double ouch

I thought the parade was at 2:00.

I thought Seneca looked the best. They played Joplin even and destroyed Webb City. They will be one of the top teams in Class 3.

Lamar doesn't have the size or the numbers they have had in the past, but will be in the running in Class 2. They played without their all state quarterback, Wilkerson, with a minor injury. and also held out their top running back with an injury.

Reactions: Arcola
Whoever got out with no injuries.
You Got It Win GIF by Sealed With A GIF

I thought the parade was at 2:00.

I thought Seneca looked the best. They played Joplin even and destroyed Webb City. They will be one of the top teams in Class 3.

Lamar doesn't have the size or the numbers they have had in the past, but will be in the running in Class 2. They played without their all state quarterback, Wilkerson, with a minor injury. and also held out their top running back with an injury.
No Pius this year so this looks like Seneca-Blair Oaks somewhere deep in November or early December...........

Reactions: Arcola and Wheels 1
Are jamborees becoming the high school equivalent of college tier 2 post season bowls? Studs are setting out to avoid injury, teams don't show much and if it weren't for peer pressure, coaches would opt out? Teams stage joint practices with scrimmages and teams camps offer pretty realistic scenarios, maybe jamborees are going the way of the Bike helmet, the one piece girdle and the "water breaks only make you sick" practices?

Last edited:
Reactions: thetophat2021
Sarcoxie won theirs. Just because of their stadium. Are there any Lebanon fans on here?

Are you saying Sarcoxie beat Lebanon?
Read it slower, maybe that will help. You can't really "win" a jamboree, but you knew that.

My comment was meant as a compliment to Sarcoxie and their facility. I was interested what the Lebanon folks had to say about Royce Stadium..

Read it slower, maybe that will help. You can't really "win" a jamboree, but you knew that.

My comment was meant as a compliment to Sarcoxie and their facility. I was interested what the Lebanon folks had to say about Royce Stadium..
That wasn't very nice.

Will say I’m surprised the K Offense looked as good and efficient as it did. They doubled the O production of RP and 4x that of Raytown. K Run D is outstanding. Less that 2.4 ypc with a lot of TFLs.

Pre-season is over. Let’s roll.
A zero pressure "sit back and watch the fireworks" season for this KMO alum. Everything is clearly in place cannot wait!

The parade in Lamar is at noon today.
Did the Stealth Bomber show up? It did a flyover one year at the Lamar parade.

Also, Lebanon going to Sarcoxie puzzled me as well, however was the head coach simply reconnecting with old friends from his Marionville days?

A zero pressure "sit back and watch the fireworks" season for this KMO alum. Everything is clearly in place cannot wait!
Jamboree touchdowns are nice but when you start off with a short field there’s no real proof that you be able to get a drive to go all the way down the field with a seven on seven type team.

Jamboree touchdowns are nice but when you start off with a short field there’s no real proof that you be able to get a drive to go all the way down the field with a seven on seven type team.
Given the whole system in place now I am not worried. In saying that openers can be oh so sloppy so not looking for "midseason" form right out of the gate and Fort has some great ones back.

Given the whole system in place now I am not worried. In saying that openers can be oh so sloppy so not looking for "midseason" form right out of the gate and Fort has some great ones back.

The punching form of Ray Pec and Raytown in the big brawl was pretty good. It ended the event. Haymakers, cheap shots, a couple good punches. Suspensions?

• Sad
Sarcoxie Jamboree was a strange mix of teams no doubt. Lebanon and a bunch of small schools including Liberty. That is a long drive for a team to come for a jam.
I thought it was a strange mix as well and couldn't figure out why Lebanon was going all the way to Sarcoxie. If they were going to travel that far why not go 10 more miles to Carthage which only had a 3 team event?

Is that Liberty as in Mountain View? That might be even further than Lebanon.

I thought it was a strange mix as well and couldn't figure out why Lebanon was going all the way to Sarcoxie. If they were going to travel that far why not go 10 more miles to Carthage which only had a 3 team event?

That was a quite a drive down to BFE last year for the Blackhawks.

Yep Liberty Mtn View. It was a haul for both them and Lebanon. Crazy stuff

Jamborees shouldn't be much about "winning". Winning at a jamboree means you readied your players for the season ahead and were able to clear up many position battles and saw how new players responded in live situations against opposition that aren't teammates. Sure, there is a best team at a jamboree but the real winners aren't the team that thumps everyone's heads, the real winners of a jamboree are the team that finds the most answers and gets the most important reps in for their players.

The "city league" Jamboree, as I recall, was their pre-season basketball tourney (Central, LeBlond, Lafayette and Benton in a round robin).
That is what I thought and it counted as a game for those schools as it was in season. that was extended to all basketball schools as a pre-season and I "think" football picked up on it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT