ADVERTISEMENT

Where’s everyone tomorrow evening?

Headed to the mecca of college football, Fred Hughes Stadium, for a big time week 3 match up in 8-man: New Heights vs Greenfield. Ok, calling Fred Hughes the "mecca of college football" might be a stretch, but at least they have great, nearby parking. Wait, it really doesn't offer that, either. Anyway, there's ample seating and traditionally by the fourth quarter, $1/slice Papa John's pizza. Safe travels everyone and soak it up, after tonight some programs are nearly 1/3rd of the way to basketball season!

Hopefully the iPads are charged and ready to go for Glendale tonight!
I understand the Mauk family has taken that same, uh, energy (?) to Monett. Guessing the SPS AD said, "Tag, you're it!", when that hire was announced.

I understand the Mauk family has taken that same, uh, energy (?) to Monett. Guessing the SPS AD said, "Tag, you're it!", when that hire was announced.
dont-let-the-door-hit-ya-where-the-good-lord-split-ya.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 86THS
You’d think for a school that size with that tax base, there’d be better parking.
I hate going to Nixa. The parking is terrible and last time I was there they had implemented this asinine digital ticketing system that was completely unnecessary at the high school level. It took twice as long to get into the game and it took twice as many people to manage.

I hate going to Nixa. The parking is terrible and last time I was there they had implemented this asinine digital ticketing system that was completely unnecessary at the high school level. It took twice as long to get into the game and it took twice as many people to manage.
It is a mess, but a little local knowledge goes a long way there.

Orange Tigers v Red Tigers in Ozark. Probably the game with the most potential to competitive in the area. Too nice of a night not to get out and enjoy some HS football!

Reactions: Jordan_Belfort
A good booster club would take advantage of this, so perhaps the long lines are by design. Allow me to explain.

The longer folks wait in line, the more agitated they might become. This is ripe revenue generating. Place stands selling merchandise along the lines or have folks walking the lines and selling stuff. It can be branded merchandise for the home team. That will garner a few sales. But more importantly, sell items ANY fan might need. Hand warmers, seat cushions, ponchos, etc. You should also include food and beverage options. Now watch the revenue stream in!

Reactions: shoot90draw
A good booster club would take advantage of this, so perhaps the long lines are by design. Allow me to explain.

The longer folks wait in line, the more agitated they might become. This is ripe revenue generating. Place stands selling merchandise along the lines or have folks walking the lines and selling stuff. It can be branded merchandise for the home team. That will garner a few sales. But more importantly, sell items ANY fan might need. Hand warmers, seat cushions, ponchos, etc. You should also include food and beverage options. Now watch the revenue stream in!
Don't forget the 50/50 raffle tickets that you always seem to have the winning ticket.

It can't have anything on the terrible parking at Blair Oaks. Blew my mind when I went there

@BoosterBosko, man just when I thought you were washed up you go and pull this golden Nugget out of your @sshate of wisdom...

And hopefully Coach Mauk can keep his cool if an Aurora player delivers a big hit tonight!
Been around a lot of Monett coaches over the years as you know well, and it says a lot about coaches who are willing to protect their players..... versus punch out one of his own coaches... Don't you think?
The Mauk's have added over 30 kids to the program, I have seen what they do everyday to help Monett kids succeed not only on the field but off and in life.

Been around a lot of Monett coaches over the years as you know well, and it says a lot about coaches who are willing to protect their players..... versus punch out one of his own coaches... Don't you think?
The Mauk's have added over 30 kids to the program, I have seen what they do everyday to help Monett kids succeed not only on the field but off and in life.
It’s not a dig at Monett, I hope they have all the success in the world.

My opinion is based on the very odd experience Carthage had at Glendale 5 years ago, the attitude of their players, coaches, and fans, the poor facilities, and the way people subsequently went after the Carthage kid involved in the play. I realize that’s rehashing an old issue, but since Carthage has not played Glendale since then, it’s still fresh in my mind at least.

Guidie made a mistake and has since apologized for it. I’m not defending what he did, it was dumb. “Punching out an assistant” is a bit of a stretch though. Yeah, it was dumb, but just like you say about Mauk, I and others in Carthage have seen firsthand as well the amount of work Guidie puts in and the amount of care has for the boys on his team.

It’s not a dig at Monett, I hope they have all the success in the world.

My opinion is based on the very odd experience Carthage had at Glendale 5 years ago, the attitude of their players, coaches, and fans, the poor facilities, and the way people subsequently went after the Carthage kid involved in the play. I realize that’s rehashing an old issue, but since Carthage has not played Glendale since then, it’s still fresh in my mind at least.

Guidie made a mistake and has since apologized for it. I’m not defending what he did, it was dumb. “Punching out an assistant” is a bit of a stretch though. Yeah, it was dumb, but just like you say about Mauk, I and others in Carthage have seen firsthand as well the amount of work Guidie puts in and the amount of care has for the boys on his team.
Well I don't take it as a dig to Monett, but I do think you have tried to dig the coaches a bit, its all good and fun until somebody in your own house acts up and then that spotlight is BRITE HOT!!

Carthage has a nice program I hope they are successful, there are a few kids I coached in youth now playing high school over there, so I keep up with how they are doing. However honestly what Carthage does is none of my business, well until you want to bring my town and current coaches up. ;)

Well I don't take it as a dig to Monett, but I do think you have tried to dig the coaches a bit, its all good and fun until somebody in your own house acts up and then that spotlight is BRITE HOT!!

Carthage has a nice program I hope they are successful, there are a few kids I coached in youth now playing high school over there, so I keep up with how they are doing. However honestly what Carthage does is none of my business, well until you want to bring my town and current coaches up. ;)
200w.gif

That was a hard game to pick. Not confident in my pick of that one at all.
It's weird, I think if REPMO wins it'll be 14-21 point spread. If Ozark wins, it'll be a lot closer. And I have this strange feeling either is completely possible.

Sitting in my recliner watching West Plains vs Hillcrest. Should be turbo clock after half-time..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT