ADVERTISEMENT

West Plains @ Branson

ChaoticFanatic

Mar 12, 2009
THE OZARKS
Pirates will be playing for their first win against West Plains this millennium.

Past matchups:

West Plains(3-4) @ Branson(6-1)
Score: West Plains 46-7 over Branson

Branson(4-3) @ West Plains(3-4)
Score: West Plains 21-7 over Branson

West Plains(2-1) @ Branson(3-0)

This is a difficult one to predict I think. We don't know much about West Plains because of the level of competition so far. We know Branson is pretty good. Interested to see if West Plains can stop that option offense.

Pirates will be playing for their first win against West Plains this millennium.

Past matchups:

West Plains(3-4) @ Branson(6-1)
Score: West Plains 46-7 over Branson

Branson(4-3) @ West Plains(3-4)
Score: West Plains 21-7 over Branson

West Plains(2-1) @ Branson(3-0)
Love the wording of this, and all true. I guess one could also post: West Plains has not beat Branson in more than 20 years, can they pull the upset tonight?

I would not count out Carl Junction just yet. I would say they have a shot to at least make it a little interesting. Wouldn’t be surprised if they beat Bolivar and should give WP and Branson both a good game.
Branson didn’t exactly blow CJ out of the water last year.
There hasn’t been much conversation this year about the OMG, on this board at least, and I kinda assumed it was because it’s the junior varsity of the COC. During last week’s CJ broadcast, if I had a dollar for every time they said “it’s nice to be playing schools our own size” I could have built another turf venue for the district. It felt as if they were selling the OMG to those watching and overselling it at that.

It would be interesting if West Plains, Branson and CJ all finished conference play 5-1 for a three-way sister-kisser assuming they could each take a turn knocking each other off.

From what I have seen Branson has really taken a step forward this year. (to be honest, only a half in person, the rest online) Offense is really efficient, defense gets to the ball, they have, probably, the best kicker in the state. The top of the COC would still have been rough for them, but I think they run the table for the regular season.

Reactions: Craig Hull
Branson will play Republic in their district title game and might be undefeated when they do.

I think CJ and WP will play for a district title. Bolivar has a chance to change that but they seem to be weaker than I thought. The rest of that district is awful.

It felt as if they were selling the OMG to those watching and overselling it at that.
That's probably because a lot of people I've talked to in CJ still aren't sold on the OMC because of travel and especially if they have kids in Jr High. Also I'm sure there is some level of flack from their COC neighbors for dropping out of the conference. The "schools our size" narrative has been pushed very hard for sure. And unlike Branson it's not entirely false. Oddly enough I heard a kid from Webb saying he was glad Carl left and they wouldn't have to play them anymore because I guess they (CJ) had been beating them in youth or Jr High.

Reactions: mosofan
That's probably because a lot of people I've talked to in CJ still aren't sold on the OMC because of travel and especially if they have kids in Jr High. Also I'm sure there is some level of flack from their COC neighbors for dropping out of the conference. The "schools our size" narrative has been pushed very hard for sure. And unlike Branson it's not entirely false. Oddly enough I heard a kid from Webb saying he was glad Carl left and they wouldn't have to play them anymore because I guess they (CJ) had been beating them in youth or Jr High.
For junior high football that is correct to a certain extent. I think the junior high teams were 3-1 against WC over the past 2 years. CJ is going to have to schedule up in the non conference over the next 5 years or so. I have heard that Parkview and Central will be considered for membership after this 2 year cycle. I am totally opposed to those schools joining. This league doesn’t need 2 more bad football teams. I would rather play non conference games.

Reactions: mosofan
Random thoughts on the OMG with utterly no sources to cite:

1, My belief is the OMG is two-year holder for CJ before it heads back to the Big 8.

2, The key for CJ going back to the Big 8 lies with Nevada and McDonald County. If those two member schools sell the rest of the conference into letting them back in, it might happen. And yes, I'm aware of and was told about the burning bridges during the Big 8 to the COC transition, however, if there are changes in administration and leadership, this could also factor into Big 8 member schools administration looking to rebuild the burnt bridge.

3, There is a growing (by the week I may add) sentiment in this community for CJ to return to the Big 8 Conference. The conversations and excitement from fans and community members about the opportunity to play Seneca again (a series that dates back to AT LEAST 1921 by my research) says everything about how the community feels about the Big 8, whether its the older members of the community or the newer members who have spoke with those about the past.

4, I think Parkview and Central will eventually join the OMG, especially should CJ go home to the Big 8.

I’m hopeful CJ can beat Rogersville and Hillcrest. A 4-1 CJ vs 5-0 Seneca would be a fun way to see that old rivalry meet up again.

FYI Craig Hull - it’s OMC not OMG. lol
My phone keeps changing it to OMG … plus I was told the kids at school joke that the conference is so bad, as in OMG it’s so bad.

The main issue with the league is that football is probably the worst sport. The OMC is pretty good at a lot of sports but not the biggest one.

Reactions: Craig Hull
Hafner the other night said CJ already has non conference games with schools in Kansas worked out after this 2 year cycle so I don't think the current plan it to go anywhere or to agree to more schools joining the league that would eliminate non conference games.

I’m hopeful CJ can beat Rogersville and Hillcrest. A 4-1 CJ vs 5-0 Seneca would be a fun way to see that old rivalry meet up again.

FYI Craig Hull - it’s OMC not OMG. lol
BBMC
forbiddenlove6969.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT