ADVERTISEMENT

So Excelsior Springs plays Smithville...

TheRealJoey

Jul 22, 2021
TheRealJoey said:
Funny joke on Excelsior. Huh, they have two more state championships than any high schools in Liberty. Go figure?
Sam Stoned: "Gives hope to WT everywhere."

So Sam Stoned just calls out a whole community as WT? They are not the White Tigers, Sam Stoned. They are just the Tigers. Unless you meant to say "White Trash."
If you did mean to say that then you are a POS. And that does not stand for Positive Original Satirist. I'm sure you can look up that word in the dictionary since you prolly don't know what it means. That also means the fat white male behind the keyboard is a POS.
Excelsior Springs, let's see...7 undefeated teams, and 2 state championships in the modern era. What does your school have? What POS school did you attend?

Throwing Sam stones at Excelsior Springs. Well, aren't you a winner.

Last edited:
Reactions: 503_Maple
Sam Stoned: "Gives hope to WT everywhere."

So Sam Stoned just calls out a whole community as WT? They are not the White Tigers, Sam Stoned. They are just the Tigers. Unless you meant to say "White Trash."
If you did mean to say that then you are a POS. And that does not stand for Positive Original Satirist. I'm sure you can look up that word in the dictionary since you prolly don't know what it means. That also means the fat white male behind the keyboard is a POS.
Excelsior Springs, let's see...7 undefeated teams, and 2 state championships in the modern era. What does your school have? What POS school did you attend?

Throwing stones at Excelsior Springs. Well, aren't you a winner.
Wherever he went, he was a dropout. That’s for sure.

Excelsior's move to the Suburban Blue next year will be very interesting. Glad to see them back in it...............as for Friday night hope they send everyone over to Smithville even though this one is likely over by end of a quarter UNLESS the Tigers can get that RB going vs. this brick wall D.

Not sure what my post has to do with the Smithville game but when you mentioned the 2 state championships got me thinking....We had 2 fun games with the Tigers during 1996. The Lakers won in the regular season 12-7. Then lost to Tigers 36-15 in the championship. Lakers had 5 turnovers in that championship game. The Tigers were rolling at the end of the year though. Good memories.

Last edited:
Not sure what my post has to do with the Smithville game but when you mentioned the 2 state championships got me thinking....We had 2 fun games with the Tigers during 1996. The Lakers won in the regular season 12-7. Then lost to Tigers 36-15 in the championship. Lakers had 5 turnovers in that championship game. The Tigers were rolling at the end of the year though. Good memories.

You also played the Tigers without Tucker Woolsey in game 1, who was sick and pulled the day of the game.

Tucker was a four-year starting fullback for the NWMissouri Bearcat football team from 1997 through 2000, playing a key role in Northwest's back-to-back national championships in 1998 and 1999 and helping the teams of that era to 41 consecutive wins, a record that was broken by the Bearcats this season.

And seeing video of the game, those turnovers were forced.

You also played the Tigers without Tucker Woolsey in game 1, who was sick and pulled the day of the game.

Tucker was a four-year starting fullback for the NWMissouri Bearcat football team from 1997 through 2000, playing a key role in Northwest's back-to-back national championships in 1998 and 1999 and helping the teams of that era to 41 consecutive wins, a record that was broken by the Bearcats this season.

And seeing video of the game, those turnovers were forced.
Yep shoulda, woulda, coulda. ES got a championship and the Lakers bid to win back to back championships for a second time didn't work out. Sounds like Woolsey was a dude! His brother was a good athlete too.

• Haha
Reactions: TheRealJoey
Excelsior
Yep shoulda, woulda, coulda. ES got a championship and the Lakers bid to win back to back championships for a second time didn't work out. Sounds like Woolsey was a dude! His brother was a good athlete too.

The Tigers has 4-5 turnovers against Webb in the semi, at least three in their own territory, and still won with a 2 minute drive the end, capped off by a Tucker Woosley TD for about 20 yards.

A quarter century ago. Holy crap I'm old!

Temp for game 35 to 40 degrees. Wind 15mph. Not the best for precision passing. ALso, Smithville's Sigg? Is he playing? He was injured last week and missed the 2nd half. This is still Alabama vs. Tulane.

Yeah, he's almost as punishing as 42 from Kearney. Not as productive as 42.

I'll just pre-emptively eliminate any debate on the subject from jacktards like JustheJacks.

42 151.9 yards per game Sigg 126.8

Common Opponents:

Grain Valley 42 had 8.25 yards per carry for 132 Sigg 4.76ypc for 81
Platte County 42 had 5.83 yards per carry for 134 Sigg 4.5 ypc for 152

Unless K's line was just vastly superior...pretty obvious...

Last edited:
I've heard Sigg is done for the year! May be a bit of a blow the further they get. Hard to lose though, if teams don't score.
I think MICDS will be the first team to dent the scoreboard vs. this D. Smithville has literally NEVER trailed all season. Could be very interesting to see what happens if I am right.

I think MICDS will be the first team to dent the scoreboard vs. this D. Smithville has literally NEVER trailed all season. Could be very interesting to see what happens if I am right.
Smithville has only allowed how many points in non-garbage time all season? 14? 7? And probably supported by a turnover and a short field.

Last year they held the "high powered Helias" team to 14? And that was with a late 4Q miracle. And all of them are back this year, except 2? Yeah, nobody is going to move the ball on this team from anywhere.

Smithville has only allowed how many points in non-garbage time all season? 14? 7? And probably supported by a turnover and a short field.

Last year they held the "high powered Helias" team to 14? And that was with a late 4Q miracle. And all of them are back this year, except 2? Yeah, nobody is going to move the ball on this team from anywhere.
Wasn't HC's QB out in that semi, though?

Wasn't HC's QB out in that semi, though?

That could be. Smithville was one dumb play call on 4th and 2 deep in Helias territory from winning the game handily. Sweep...dumb. Then a couple miracle plays and Helias wins. If he calls a trap there, game over.

Thanks! If you are a HC fan good luck tonight! Could be a great game in Wentzville.
I live in Mid-Mo so I always pull for our local teams. Should be a good game between HC and Holt. I watched HC and Hannibal in week one and feel HC has gotten better throughout the year but also don't quite know how much better, with their conference being so weak this year. They are definitely well coached.

Reactions: thetophat2021
I live in Mid-Mo so I always pull for our local teams. Should be a good game between HC and Holt. I watched HC and Hannibal in week one and feel HC has gotten better throughout the year but also don't quite know how much better, with their conference being so weak this year. They are definitely well coached.
Looks to me to be a shootout. Holt has had three close calls: One a rival Timberland the other two are playing for a spot likely opposite Liberty North in the Class 6 semifinals. I agree on the schedule nothing they can do about that. Hentges has them back on track without a doubt!

In my opinion, several players seemed undisciplined and desperate.

Saw a blatant horse collar by Tonka to prevent a 70-yard TD by Kearney's TE earlier this year--at about the 4 yard line. No flag. I don't know that K had an inordinate number of personal fouls this year. They may have?

They threw a flag on that play with Sigg, I believe?

Last edited:
Saw a blatant horse collar by Tonka to prevent a 70-yard TD by Kearney's TE earlier this year--at about the 4 yard line. No flag. I don't know that K had an inordinate number of personal fouls this year. They may have?

They threw a flag on that play with Sigg, I believe?
How many at Platte County?

Yes, there was a flag on the play on Sigg...it was obvious.

How many at Platte County?
PC versus Kearney? I have no idea. Between the pick 6s and the 99 yard miracle throw, I don't remember much about that game except Kearney had like 6 more first downs and more total yards and still got thumped. Their QB ran 25 times for 26 yards--and had one more half left as a starter.

PC versus Kearney? I have no idea. Between the pick 6s and the 99 yard miracle throw, I don't remember much about that game except Kearney had like 6 more first downs and more total yards and still got thumped. Their QB ran 25 times for 26 yards--and had one more half left as a starter.
Stats are for losers Joey, I thought everyone knew that

SEVEN personal foul pens on KTown.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT