ADVERTISEMENT

See you at the parade Toots

So there are people who can’t control themselves. There are people who get depressed. There are people with anger issues. There are domestic disputes.

From 2000 on, the USA has been flooded with guns. The attitude of red states like Missouri is that trying to preserve life with a modicum of gun control of any kind is tyranny. Red flag laws? Bad. Minors carrying weapons? A-ok. High capacity magazines—gotta have em.

It has created this disastrous situation.
We have always had bad people. Depressed people. Angry people. Now we have mixed in 450 million guns and a defiant attitude.
The laws won't stop criminals! You can put whatever law you want into effect. It will not change what criminals do. Just because there is a law doesn't mean it will change the PEOPLE to abide by them. It always goes back to the people.

The laws won't stop criminals! You can put whatever law you want into effect. It will not change what criminals do. Just because there is a law doesn't mean it will change the PEOPLE to abide by them. It always goes back to the people.
We know this. So what can we do to make it easy for them to own tons of weapons. Oh wait, we already are. Congratulations. Tell your grandkids to wear a vest and duck.

We know this. So what can we do to make it easy for them to own tons of weapons. Oh wait, we already are. Congratulations. Tell your grandkids to wear a vest and duck.
Two adults, James Emery and Lyndell Mays have been charged with murder this afternoon in the parade shooting.

They need to go on trial and if found guilty should face the death penalty

If the two teens in custody are charged and found guilty of crimes involving a gun they should go to jail for 10-15 years

Two adults, James Emery and Lyndell Mays have been charged with murder this afternoon in the parade shooting.

They need to go on trial and if found guilty should face the death penalty

If the two teens in custody are charged and found guilty of crimes involving a gun they should go to jail for 10-15 years
how about we just follow the laws as they are written, rambo?

Reactions: HomeyR
41b7d7cd-346a-4935-aa01-a18328152598_text.gif
fire-5.gif
Great movie.

First thing I would do is find out where they got the gun and hold those people accountable. The second thing I would do is throw the shooters in jail and throw away the key. You give or sell someone a gun used in a crime, you join them in prison.

what do you think should happen to people who murder someone and shoot 9 children??
When they are convicted by a jury of their peers they should be sentenced according to our legal system.

We have problems in America but we are still a hell of a lot better than anyplace else has ever been.

First thing I would do is find out where they got the gun and hold those people accountable. The second thing I would do is throw the shooters in jail and throw away the key. You give or sell someone a gun used in a crime, you join them in prison.
So if a gun shop legally sells someone a pistol, and that person goes out and commits a crime with it the store owner should go to jail???

IF I legally sell a gun to another individual , and they go shoot someone 5 years later I go to jail?

Thats beyond stupid

Reactions: MIZZOU71 and 65TPT
There are some pretty stupid parents out there but if my kid did something stupid I don't want to be thrown in prison for that. My kids hopefully would never do something like this. I know my kids will not get their hands on my guns. When the law took away a good spanking crap started to go down hill.

Toots, tell me again it was the gun's fault. This wonderful law abiding citizen used a stolen gun to shoot innocent people. But again it was the gun's fault. What's your answer if this firearm was purchased legally and then stolen from the rightful owner? Still think it's not about the people? No gun law would've helped the matter in this case.

Toots, tell me again it was the gun's fault. This wonderful law abiding citizen used a stolen gun to shoot innocent people. But again it was the gun's fault. What's your answer if this firearm was purchased legally and then stolen from the rightful owner? Still think it's not about the people? No gun law would've helped the matter in this case.
Well according to Toots the legal owner should have had it in a better gun safe, and his house fortified with a moat around it to keep the poor misunderstood criminal from being able to break into the house and steal it so easily

If it was fortified in a gun safe, those kids wouldn’t be traumatized the rest of their lives.

the guy already had a prior conviction for threatening people with a gun and just got off of probation for it. He should have been in prison during the parade and we wouldnt be having this conversation

Last edited:
Reactions: 65TPT
If it was fortified in a gun safe, those kids wouldn’t be traumatized the rest of their lives.
We don't know that for sure. I've known several people that have left homes locked, only to return and find they were still broken into. Safes can be taken. Just to keep a little football connection on this communist thread, here is a warning about break-ins of cars at Arrowhead a few years ago. I like this quote in the article: "A lock isn't enough to stop a thief."

We don't know that for sure. I've known several people that have left homes locked, only to return and find they were still broken into. Safes can be taken. Just to keep a little football connection on this communist thread, here is a warning about break-ins of cars at Arrowhead a few years ago. I like this quote in the article: "A lock isn't enough to stop a thief."

As papa Bosko always told me, "A lock only keeps the honest people out."

I have a friend who is a big gun guy, says he keeps a handgun in his truck at all times for protection. He's never once had to pull it out bc he was in danger, but he's had several stolen out of his truck while it sat at the airport or at stadiums. At what point does my tiny pea sized brain start to think that he's more likely to have a gun stolen from him and used for a crime, than he is to actually need to use the gun to "protect himself"

• Love
Reactions: Toots_mcgee
I have a friend who is a big gun guy, says he keeps a handgun in his truck at all times for protection. He's never once had to pull it out bc he was in danger, but he's had several stolen out of his truck while it sat at the airport or at stadiums. At what point does my tiny pea sized brain start to think that he's more likely to have a gun stolen from him and used for a crime, than he is to actually need to use the gun to "protect himself"
all the gun hubub is just a political tool used by both tribes to keep their voting blocs focused on crap that isn't important.

I would think your pea sized brain would be able to figurer out that we have way too many criminals in our country today breaking into cars and stealing other peoples belongings. I doubt he left a handgun laying out in plain sight, they were breaking into it to find anything of value they could sell.

I try not to hang out with people who have pea-sized brains. Much less refer to them as a friend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT