ADVERTISEMENT

Sad development out of Hillcrest.

ChaoticFanatic

Mar 12, 2009
THE OZARKS
After going down mid 3Q against WP last Friday, QB is done for the year.
Shoulder surgery.
3 other guys went down in the 3Q for Hillcrest and won’t be playing this week. 2 concussions and a leg injury. Including their starting RB/OLB and starting all conference TE/MLB.

That makes Friday’s game against Marshfield an interesting one for the Hornets and sad to say but with their QB(and best athlete) done for the season, finishing above .500 for the first time in over a decade becomes virtually impossible imo.

Hope Weaver is healed up and ready to go for basketball season. Nice kid, good athlete. Tough break.

By the way AC, I’m think of heading to CJ & Rogersville on Friday.
Haven’t seen CJ in person since the district semi @ WP in 2020.
I may go to WP@ Branson, but don’t really wanna drive down there. Rog is pretty close.

Reactions: AC100
Without that kid Hillcrest is probably worse than Marshfield
Without him, I think they’re still better than Marshfield and Rog, and could at least be relatively competitive against CJ (MAYBE)
But with him out, and three other two-way starters out including (one of which is who I think their defensive captain is) Marshfield is going to give them problems.
Hillcrest JV QB isn’t bad, he’s just not 6’2 210 with the size and speed and and the deep ball. He’s smaller, but he plays hard and runs hard and can throw an accurate ball, just not near as deep.
He moved the ball downfield on multiple possessions against WP Varsity D the other night, just ended with turnover on downs.

Funny thing is, they may lose to Marshfield on Friday and still beat Rog once they get the other starters back from injury(don’t know how serious the leg injury is with one of them)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT