ADVERTISEMENT

Ozark at Webb

Carthage people were correct. It’s a real thing.
They were right but for the wrong reason. Things usually went Webb’s way, particularly in the second half, because they were better conditioned and Roderique and staff made adjustments better than anyone in the game. Now Webb has neither of those things. But blaming 30+ years of dominance on the refs is ridiculous.

They were right but for the wrong reason. Things usually went Webb’s way, particularly in the second half, because they were better conditioned and Roderique and staff made adjustments better than anyone in the game. Now Webb has neither of those things. But blaming 30+ years of dominance on the refs is ridiculous.
Easy bucko. Nobody “blamed” 30 yrs of dominance on the refs.

Webb's freshman class is really good. Their 8th graders are just average. Not sure about any other class.

It’d be nice if the Jeff Citys, the Webb Citys, etc could maintain a great representation of Missouri public school football, but things do change. Of course, if Jeff was still able to do what they did, Capital City would still just be a non-footballer’s dream.

Reactions: Arcola
If I had to predict, I’d say that is the direction this is heading.
I know that’s what a lot of people want to see but I think that’s unlikely. Will Webb football be what it was in the 2000-2010s almost no chance of that. Even with roderique I don’t think that would be the case. Not unless they can convince a few hundred kids who don’t play football to leave the school so they can drop a classification.

Two bad losses while abnormally short handed isn’t the end of everything. Now if losing these games becomes a trend we’re seeing when the field is covered with skilled experienced athletes that’s a different matter but it’s not where we’re at today.

Today they are just struggling and everyone is enjoying seeing Webb city be legit bad at football for the first time any of us can remember.

Reactions: 7q and ZOU21
I know that’s what a lot of people want to see but I think that’s unlikely. Will Webb football be what it was in the 2000-2010s almost no chance of that. Even with roderique I don’t think that would be the case. Not unless they can convince a few hundred kids who don’t play football to leave the school so they can drop a classification.

Two bad losses while abnormally short handed isn’t the end of everything. Now if losing these games becomes a trend we’re seeing when the field is covered with skilled experienced athletes that’s a different matter but it’s not where we’re at today.

Today they are just struggling and everyone is enjoying seeing Webb city be legit bad at football for the first time any of us can remember.
It’s been said many times before (probably even in this thread), but even JRod went 5-5 his second season.
However, one season like this is an aberration. Two and the coaching staff has some explaining to do.
Biggest concern has to be the weight room/conditioning. I get it - football is a violent sport and there will always be injuries. But the injuries these Webb teams endure every season for the last 5+ years are atypical. And severe. We’re not talking about turning an ankle or spraining a wrist. We’re talking about season ending knee injuries season after season.
People used to joke that Webb was putting something in the water to make their kids bigger and faster. Now the joke is the water is making them brittle.

Reactions: Baldguy
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT