ADVERTISEMENT

Open forum: 2024 games to watch

thetophat2021

Jun 14, 2021
Kearney, MO
Here are a few in and out of NWMO region among the larger schools I have sourced so far:

Cardinal Ritter at Rochester IL (absolutely titanic game maybe best interstate matchup out there). Ritter also hosts Bishop Miege (needs no KC metro intro) and is at DeSmet the following week (8).

Speaking of the Spartans they will travel to Edwardsville IL who will also rematch Jackson on the road. Good measuring stick interstate games for both MO powers.

Bryant AR at CBC (glad to see this return game should be another shootout).

Bentonville AR at Lee's Summit North top drawer Week 4 game. The Broncos play at Mill Valley KS the week before. The Jags could be the overall #1 team in the Sunflower State this fall.

Others? I know it is still early but what the heck it beats talking about this 100 degree heat...............

Last edited:
Reactions: MarcAsai
Rockhurst hosting St. Pius week 1.
How will the Warriors fare up front? Rock lost a lot to graduation Pius returns most all their key players including a very dynamic QB (Fontana winner I believe). Extreme difficult game to figure.

Is THIS the year Pius finally beats St. James Academy?

How will the Warriors fare up front? Rock lost a lot to graduation Pius returns most all their key players including a very dynamic QB (Fontana winner I believe). Extreme difficult game to figure.

Is THIS the year Pius finally beats St. James Academy?

St. Pius X had one win over a relatively good team. (1-3 vs. their best ranked opponents) The best four teams they played they gave up 34 points a game. Seneca channeled the spirit of Shannon Crouch and rolled them with power running. Just ran over them and could have made it worse. The Injuns brought in the backups that let Pius get two TDs. Their finesse players are back. But they will have to face grown-ass men from Rock on the front. Unless they recruited really good, could be a long day. And they ain't playin' 7 on 7 that week.

Last edited:
Top, do you have any insight on Blue Valley Southwest? I am eager to see them against Blair Oaks.

Top, do you have any insight on Blue Valley Southwest? I am eager to see them against Blair Oaks.
Not yet, sorry. In the (very) early stages looking at MO let alone the other states I follow but will post once I get some solid info BUT do expect them to contend in KS 5A again. Losses last year were blowout vs. Miege and a nailbiter at Mill Valley who I already know is coming into 2024 with sky high expectations even for them. This should be one of the marquee interstate games in MO............

Reactions: 65TPT
Here are a few in and out of NWMO region among the larger schools I have sourced so far:

Cardinal Ritter at Rochester IL (absolutely titanic game maybe best interstate matchup out there). Ritter also hosts Bishop Miege (needs no KC metro intro) and is at DeSmet the following week (8).

Speaking of the Spartans they will travel to Edwardsville IL who will also rematch Jackson on the road. Good measuring stick interstate games for both MO powers.

Bentonville AR at Lee's Summit North top drawer Week 4 game. The Broncos play at Mill Valley KS the week before. The Jags could be the overall #1 team in the Sunflower State this fall.

Others? I know it is still early but what the heck it beats talking about this 100 degree heat...............
None of these games are Ampipe games!

Here is EASILY the most ambitious matchup for any MO team this upcoming season: Lutheran North opens at Phenix City AL Central last year's #1 ranked team in the entire loaded state and in the National top 25. Brings back good ole Colquitt County GA vs. Trinity Catholic memories!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT