ADVERTISEMENT

Odessa 42 Warrensburg 50 Final

Literally after I typed my last message, Warrensburg on a QB keeper up the gut. Odessa bit hard on the fake pass. Extra point no good

Warrensburg really using the the no huddle. Odessa is getting a bit gassed on defense. Warrensburg's QB (number 1) cab absolutely ball. He's the majority of the Warrensburg offense

Warrensburg's takes a BRUTUAL hit on a scramble off a botched snap. Walks off on his own but pretty wobbly. Hope he isn't concussed

Update on the Warrensburg QB. He was in on the next series. Running and gunning like before. Seems to be okay

Warrensburg scores on its first possession of the 2nd half. Qb 1 really is that offense. One heck of an athlete

Odessa's offense made great 2nd half adjustments. Defense couldn't stop a nosebleed. Probably because the Burg has been running wild and winning in the trenches

Odessa has Warrensburg on 3rd and long. Played the run. Warrensburg had a man wide open down the field. That was only the 2nd pass for the Warrensburg in the second half

Not sure what happened on the final onside. Odessa kicks it down the 26 yard line. Perhaps they thought the hands team could beat Warrensburg down the field? Very odd.

I've watched this Odessa team several times this season. They are very young, but are very well coached. Which makes sense. Coach Thomas is a fantastic coach and has had success at every school he's coached at.

I will say, it seems like the numbers for Odessa are way down. Maybe 35 kids out? If I counted right. Shocking for a school with fairly consistent success and high enrollment numbers. But this team has a good nucleus. Should be a decent season and the future looks good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT