ADVERTISEMENT

Kearney @ Grain Valley.

It was 21-21 with Platte County deep in the 3Q before PC made a move late in the game to pull away.
It was 31-21 with GV having the ball to start 4th. Unfortunately that is where the wheels came off lol. Going to be a beautiful night temps during whole game look to be 75-71 so couldn't ask for better

It was 31-21 with GV having the ball to start 4th. Unfortunately that is where the wheels came off lol. Going to be a beautiful night temps during whole game look to be 75-71 so couldn't ask for better
Week 6 still going to games in shorts.................reminds me of 2014 and 2017 in particular. Those Novembers, however, were absolutely frigid will that happen again this fall?

Will be there around 615 if plans remain in place.

Week 6 still going to games in shorts.................reminds me of 2014 and 2017 in particular. Those Novembers, however, were absolutely frigid will that happen again this fall?

Will be there around 615 if plans remain in place.
For deer season i hope that holds true.
I will be there almost as soon as I leave work as we have a youth league night event that starts really early IMO.

Hoping for a good healthy night for all

Reactions: thetophat2021
For deer season i hope that holds true.
I will be there almost as soon as I leave work as we have a youth league night event that starts really early IMO.

Hoping for a good healthy night for all
Kearney's last real test for the next 6 weeks. ABSOLUTELY none of us want to see major injuries etc. Allie vs. Minnick the last time they met was a multiple OT district semifinal (GV over Raytown).

Reactions: cardsfan200306
At the "impossible" place to win Raytown. Now we see what happens when he coaches at a school/community like Kearney. Very interested to see how GV's lines hold up tonight. Both sides of the ball.

If I had to rank K opponents so far:

Best Passing O

1. Park Hill
2. Fort Osage
3. NKC
4. Grandview
5. Smithville

Best Rushing O
1. Smithville
2. Fort
3. NKC
4. Park HIll
5. Grandview

Best Defense:

1. Fort (at least in the game--not this season's results)
2. Smithville
3. Park Hill
4. NKC
5. Grandview

WINS: #1174 Smithville (MO) (38-14), #1238 Park Hill (Kansas City, MO) (38-17), #2515 North Kansas City (MO) (43-6), #3422 Fort Osage (Independence, MO) (21-0), #8117 Grandview (MO) (45-8), LOSSES: none

If I had to rank K opponents so far:

Best Passing O

1. Park Hill
2. Fort Osage
3. NKC
4. Grandview
5. Smithville

Best Rushing O
1. Smithville
2. Fort
3. NKC
4. Park HIll
5. Grandview

Best Defense:

1. Fort (at least in the game--not this season's results)
2. Smithville
3. Park Hill
4. NKC
5. Grandview

WINS: #1174 Smithville (MO) (38-14), #1238 Park Hill (Kansas City, MO) (38-17), #2515 North Kansas City (MO) (43-6), #3422 Fort Osage (Independence, MO) (21-0), #8117 Grandview (MO) (45-8), LOSSES: none
From what I've been able to see/piece together I think tonight will see GV fall about #3 on your list passing definitely #1 rushing and around 3-4 D.

Honestly havent read through all the comments so if this has already been posted. oh well. Calpreps didn't project this game for some reason but projecting it manually you get Kearney 38 to Grain Valley 13

gladiator-gladiators.gif

Honestly havent read through all the comments so if this has already been posted. oh well. Calpreps didn't project this game for some reason but projecting it manually you get Kearney 38 to Grain Valley 13
Interesting...Lutheran North plays MICDS (a team ranked one spot lower than Grain Valley in Class 5 on Maxpreps.)

Kearney's last real test for the next 6 weeks. ABSOLUTELY none of us want to see major injuries etc. Allie vs. Minnick the last time they met was a multiple OT district semifinal (GV over Raytown).
Complete different atmosphere than we have been in since week 2 can't wait regardless of the outcome because we have 2 towns that actually enjoy good football and support it.

We shall see. Never know what can/will happen and when those untimely injuries etc. can occur.
100%
GV has the capability and coaching to pull off an upset, K has the ability and coaching to turn this ugly quick.

But if I was to bet, I'd say anywhere between 14-24 point win for K

100%
GV has the capability and coaching to pull off an upset, K has the ability and coaching to turn this ugly quick.

But if I was to bet, I'd say anywhere between 14-24 point win for K
The ongoing development of this (very) tall abundantly talented K Soph QB will be what I will primarily focus on. He has made this a very formidable three pronged rushing attack as well. If they get this offense really clicking OH MY.............

I think GV's run O will not be on par with Smithville's. We shall see. Obviously, this for all intents and purposes an exhibition game, but a good chance to improve against one last good team.
It is and both could be State playoff bound (SWMO rivals Carthage and Webb look to have a say in C5 D7, though). On the C4 D8 front I am watching what happens with Savannah with high interest because they could lose a couple of games down the stretch and may not get seed 3.

I think GV's run O will not be on par with Smithville's. We shall see. Obviously, this for all intents and purposes an exhibition game, but a good chance to improve against one last good team.
As I know you remember SVille had one very well executed long run that game. That back never thought he would be caught before the end zone, though. Speed kills..............

As I know you remember SVille had one very well executed long run that game. That back never thought he would be caught before the end zone, though. Speed kills..............
But take that play out, SVille had double the yards anyone else has had on the ground. Mostly everyone has gotten under 45-50 yards. Sville had like 19 yards passing.

Reactions: thetophat2021
I looked up stats ( which are easy to find incorrect at the HS level so feel free to correct if wrong) looks like Smithville had 107 yds total rushing. I know K has an incredible defense but if they hold GV to less than 100 yds rushing this game will not even be close. Hell GV could go for 180 or 200 and it still not be close.

Well Grain Valley scoring 6 was 1.2 points above the average.
This one is history. After what PC did to SVille tonight perhaps Savannah becomes Kearney's district final opponent? D7 looks pretty vulnerable then here comes Lutheran North. As of tonight rate that a 98 percent and increasing chance of happening in the C4 semis in the Lou.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT