ADVERTISEMENT

No Carthage at Webb City Thread. Ridiculous.

From what I've seen this year with my own eyes, Carthage (with Gall) should win Class 5 easy. Nixa should have a really good chance of winning Class 6 (Joplin, no so much - they are always a paper tiger in class 6). Both Carthage and Nixa are outstanding in the COC this year. Once again, Jasper County dominates in Class 5 (sadly, not in Class 6, but we've gotten used to that. Maybe that will change if Webb or Carthage ever moves up to Class 6.)

From what I've seen this year with my own eyes, Carthage (with Gall) should win Class 5 easy. Nixa should have a really good chance of winning Class 6 (Joplin, no so much - they are always a paper tiger in class 6). Both Carthage and Nixa are outstanding in the COC this year. Once again, Jasper County dominates in Class 5 (sadly, not in Class 6, but we've gotten used to that. Maybe that will change if Webb or Carthage ever moves up to Class 6.)
With all due respect I am going Francis Howell in C5. They'd be a stout C6 contender this year. C6 I love what is happening at Nixa and agree they are definitely in the mix but I am now ever so slightly leaning toward Lee's Summit North.

I love how a thread that does not even pertain to Joplin will have someone taking a stab at Joplin everytime. And I might add... it will always be on a Webb City & Carthage thread. You can almost put money on it. But I will say your are right on Carthage and Nixa and I am proud that these teams will be representing the COC in a deep run or state championship.

Webb is closer to moving down to class 4 then up to Class 6

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
I love how a thread that does not even pertain to Joplin will have someone taking a stab at Joplin everytime. And I might add... it will always be on a Webb City & Carthage thread. You can almost put money on it. But I will say your are right on Carthage and Nixa and I am proud that these teams will be representing the COC in a deep run or state championship.
How many COC titles has Joplin won? They may garner a little more respect if they win one. Hard to be taken seriously against the C6 powers in KC and St. Louis if you can't beat the C5 and C6 teams in SWMO. That being said, very glad to see what Curtis Jasper has done at Joplin. He has made them a competitive team in the COC, which makes the local games much more interesting.

Carthage has maybe as good a shot as any but there is still that pesky Webb city in the way and Lebanon isn’t looking like an easy out either. I don’t think any of the top teams are going to go quietly into the night.

I don’t really see how Webb or Carthage going to C6 changes anything considering nixa beat both and Joplin has beat one and still has a shot to best the other. But either way Webb city is like one or two schools from being in C4. It’s conceivable Carthage could move up sometime but not super likely.

Reactions: Stimie69er
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT