ADVERTISEMENT

Nixa at Webb, Who you got???

Check into the lines we had during the 16 championships. Webb is never the biggest. The veer is based on blocking at a given point. Using weight as a metric of skill is like using private schools as a metric of legal recruiting. What does is that Webb is starting 2 sophs on the line and all but 1 is new. It will take awhile to get it going. Nixa probably has this one but its only preseason.

Check into the lines we had during the 16 championships. Webb is never the biggest. The veer is based on blocking at a given point. Using weight as a metric of skill is like using private schools as a metric of legal recruiting. What does is that Webb is starting 2 sophs on the line and all but 1 is new. It will take awhile to get it going. Nixa probably has this one but its only preseason.
It's regular season but I hear ya

You can win state starting 0-9.....to me that means preseason. Lol
You can walk down the street and find 100 million dollars don't mean you will or you should bank on it. I will venture out that no 0-9 team has ever won state

You can win state starting 0-9.....to me that means preseason. Lol
200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Veer_left
You can walk down the street and find 100 million dollars don't mean you will or you should bank on it. I will venture out that no 0-9 team has ever won state
Think you missed the concept of my post. I was talking about the regular season not meaning much like it used to when not all teams made district rounds. But thanks for your input.

I know how much you guys love calpreps so here goes!

Neutral field

Nixa 34
Webb 21

Personally, I think thats probably pretty close to whats gonna happen but guess we'll see tomorrow!

Think you missed the concept of my post. I was talking about the regular season not meaning much like it used to when not all teams made district rounds. But thanks for your input.
I mean I guess seeding and hosting aren't much these days. Wow who would have thought we would get to a place where seeding and hosting meant not much.

Reactions: Veer_left
I mean I guess seeding and hosting aren't much these days. Wow who would have thought we would get to a place where seeding and hosting meant not much.
Yeah, honestly as both a coach and athlete there have only been a few times where I really felt like a team had a true home field advantage. As long as the trip isn't 4 hours, it really doesnt matter a lot I don't think. There are a few places where it matters some but its not like the players cant communicate because its too loud or something like that.

Reactions: RawMeat_III
I’ll root for WC but expect Nixa to win and maybe win big. The biggest single week improvement typically comes after week 1. WC will need it. Just looking at the stats, the win at Lebanon was closer than the score.
Lebanon had:
- more rushing yards 240 to 134
- more 1st downs 16 to 13
- but lost the game on 5 turnovers to 0
- half the players on respective rosters ~50 to ~100 and wore down in the second half.
- only 1 week for their young QB to take the majority of the snaps whereas WC had plenty of time to prepare (from what I understand)
Also, the Cardinals will need to clean up the penalties after committing 13 violations for 97 yards.

We’ll know a little more after tonight’s games. I doubt Lebanon turns the ball over 5 times against the Eagles but I still expect a solid win for Joplin.

I’ll root for WC but expect Nixa to win and maybe win big. The biggest single week improvement typically comes after week 1. WC will need it. Just looking at the stats, the win at Lebanon was closer than the score.
Lebanon had:
- more rushing yards 240 to 134
- more 1st downs 16 to 13
- but lost the game on 5 turnovers to 0
- half the players on respective rosters ~50 to ~100 and wore down in the second half.
- only 1 week for their young QB to take the majority of the snaps whereas WC had plenty of time to prepare (from what I understand)
Also, the Cardinals will need to clean up the penalties after committing 13 violations for 97 yards.

We’ll know a little more after tonight’s games. I doubt Lebanon turns the ball over 5 times against the Eagles but I still expect a solid win for Joplin.
I really hope Webb City takes down Nixa but I agree with you and for all the same reasons.

Yeah, honestly as both a coach and athlete there have only been a few times where I really felt like a team had a true home field advantage. As long as the trip isn't 4 hours, it really doesnt matter a lot I don't think. There are a few places where it matters some but its not like the players cant communicate because its too loud or something like that.
I’ll go one better, for whatever its worth:

I daresay teams that have been perennial losers (but are rebuilding) tend to play better on the road. That’s been my experience, anyway.

I have my theories as to why, but that would involve trying to comprehend the collective psyche of a bunch of teenage young men…always a precarious endeavor at best.

Reactions: trumanbulldog42
I have my theories as to why, but that would involve trying to comprehend the collective psyche of a bunch of teenage young men…always a precarious endeavor at best.
Now isnt THAT the truth! Sometimes you just gotta have a nice "chat" with em. That often sets them straight and puts em on the right path in life.

Reactions: shoot90draw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT