ADVERTISEMENT

New and Final 2020 Class prediction?

From MSHSAA press release on 8/5:
The Board also granted relief from By-Law 5.1.2, which deals with postseason eligibility. This by-law states “To be eligible to enter a team or individual in any preliminary or state event, a school must have competed in at least half of the number of contests permitted under the by-law pertaining to that particular sport.” Given the sudden changes that may occur during the season, the Board voted to grant relief of this section of the by-law to allow teams that complete less than half of their scheduled contests to remain eligible for the postseason in their sport or activity.

Last edited:
I still think they will pull the plug 🔌 on the playoffs. Nothing but a gut feeling.
I doubt it, I feel like they may shorten and space it out though... they need the money to pay for there fancy hq in CoMo

I doubt it, I feel like they may shorten and space it out though... they need the money to pay for there fancy hq in CoMo
I don’t see how they can make money this year with seating restrictions and people just not showing up. Add to it liabilities and just one school complaining they cannot participate.
I hope they do play. Like I said it’s just a gut feeling.

I don’t see how they can make money this year with seating restrictions and people just not showing up. Add to it liabilities and just one school complaining they cannot participate.
I hope they do play. Like I said it’s just a gut feeling.
30 dollars a stream is how

I still think they will pull the plug 🔌 on the playoffs. Nothing but a gut feeling.
100% agree. They will say it's impossible to put together districts, plan brackets, coordinate sites... everything is too fluid. Even if they do crown a champ it won't be real.

The champion would likely just be the team is the best at avoiding covid19.

It also doesn't look like many of the St. Louis County schools are going to opt for Spring. They will hold out hope that the County changes its stance. In that case we could have entire districts not playing in the postseason.
Tomorrow is the deadline for schools to make the decision.

Friday was the deadline... wasn't it?
It's kind of a soft deadline. Last Friday was the deadline for schools to voluntarily declare whether they intend to play in the spring, but they can still choose to do so later if their season is later canceled due to COVID (local health dept decisions or too many kids out) after the deadline.

It's kind of a soft deadline. Last Friday was the deadline for schools to voluntarily declare whether they intend to play in the spring, but they can still choose to do so later if their season is later canceled due to COVID (local health dept decisions or too many kids out) after the deadline.
Right but it has to be out of their control. They can’t arbitrarily change their mind.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT