ADVERTISEMENT

MSHSAA 2020 football state championships to be played in Jefferson City area stadiums

The Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA) will play its Show-Me Bowl games at different locations this fall. Due to venue usage conflicts with Memorial Stadium/ Faurot Field in Columbia, MSHSAA will use three high schools in midMissouri to host the 11-man football games. The location of the 8-man game is still to be determined.
Blair Oaks, Helias Catholic and Jefferson City have agreed to host games. More information will be coming as logistics, such as who will host what game, are being finalized. If one of the host schools advances to the Show-Me Bowl, their game will be played at one of the other two locations.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25WHEEL
Mizzou plays Arkansas on 11/28, the day the Class 6 was to be held at Faurot so I understand them moving that game but they play at Mississippi State the weekend that Class 1-5 so the stadium should be available. Maybe COVID-19

Mizzou plays Arkansas on 11/28, the day the Class 6 was to be held at Faurot so I understand them moving that game but they play at Mississippi State the weekend that Class 1-5 so the stadium should be available. Maybe COVID-19
Maybe just an excuse to charge people 50 dollars a stream

Reactions: RawMeat
And they’re figuring this out in late September?

Get your #%*& together, MSHSAA!

You suck.
In fact, you’re the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked. That’s how much you suck.

Try to imagine this happening in Texas...or about anywhere else, really.

I don't understand this?

It is not MSHSAA ... it is Boone county and Mizzou! Go down the road to Cole County with no restrictions and watch some football. I think it is a great idea! Although parking may be a little tuff.

Reactions: ou812 and 25WHEEL
And they’re figuring this out in late September?

Get your #%*& together, MSHSAA!

You suck.
In fact, you’re the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked. That’s how much you suck.

Try to imagine this happening in Texas...or about anywhere else, really.
What? Many universities are probably not allowing outside groups on campus. Counites that are more restrictive doesn't make sense to host. Jefferson City is in the middle of the state so travel is not as big of a issue. All 3 facilities are great. Last I checked every team that plays for a state championship doesn't care where they play. Last I checked, decisions are made for the player's and schools, not the fans.

What? Many universities are probably not allowing outside groups on campus. Counites that are more restrictive doesn't make sense to host. Jefferson City is in the middle of the state so travel is not as big of a issue. All 3 facilities are great. Last I checked every team that plays for a state championship doesn't care where they play. Last I checked, decisions are made for the player's and schools, not the fans.
Defend the facilities fine but don't get on here and defend MSHSAA they suck. I know it, you know it, and they know it. There only concern is the cash keeps rolling in so they can afford there fancy headquarters in Co MO.

Reactions: BulldogFam
Last I checked every team that plays for a state championship doesn't care where they play. Last I checked, decisions are made for the player's and schools, not the fans.
That's not true. Sure, the players are thrilled to play for the championship, no matter where the game is played. But, if you were an 18 year-old, would you rather play here
8267679_1_.jpeg

or here:
tncg1M0OmOyXzPPpZ7hhIQBiJYcQEfFahiRH0amurxZf6Ev_4vRbWl84-GuatecrWFs4cc_KCefdvzItzg7xdCNfVWtS88dOp5Js3CG81Ecg

Boone County is total czar lockdown mode. It sucks for the kids not to play at Faurot but the right decision was made.

That's not true. Sure, the players are thrilled to play for the championship, no matter where the game is played. But, if you were an 18 year-old, would you rather play here
8267679_1_.jpeg

or here:
tncg1M0OmOyXzPPpZ7hhIQBiJYcQEfFahiRH0amurxZf6Ev_4vRbWl84-GuatecrWFs4cc_KCefdvzItzg7xdCNfVWtS88dOp5Js3CG81Ecg
So you show a picture of a packed Mizzou game. They aren't playing in front of mizzou fans. C'mon that is a bad take. Sure its nice to play on a University field, I get it. End of the day they are still playing and should be excited that they are even playing.

Defend the facilities fine but don't get on here and defend MSHSAA they suck. I know it, you know it, and they know it. There only concern is the cash keeps rolling in so they can afford there fancy headquarters in Co MO.
So what would you suggest? Not have playoffs? I am trying to understand your logic. Based on different restrictive policies from county to county, Cole County, specifically Jefferson City. MSHSAA found the 3 best HS facilities in a region. Like any business MSHSAA obviously is doing whatever they can to stay afloat as well as provide opportunity for the fall sports to play. Where is the outcry for soccer, softball, xcountry, volleyball??

So what would you suggest? Not have playoffs? I am trying to understand your logic. Based on different restrictive policies from county to county, Cole County, specifically Jefferson City. MSHSAA found the 3 best HS facilities in a region. Like any business MSHSAA obviously is doing whatever they can to stay afloat as well as provide opportunity for the fall sports to play. Where is the outcry for soccer, softball, xcountry, volleyball??
No i'm saying MSHSAA is a backwards organization. That is all I'm pro playoffs. MSHSAA has shown us time and again how them being in control is more important than kids playing. Read the MSHSAA handbook and you will see tons of silly and archaic rules that are there for the sake of being in control. While real issues get ignored until the public outcry gets to big.

Reactions: Stryk3
Also helps out the Jeff City hotel and restaurant businesses that lost out on money from the canceled state track meets years in a row from the 2019 tornado and the 2020 pandemic. a lot of Jeff City business relied heavy on the foot traffic from that meet each year. This might make up a little.

Reactions: ou812 and Stryk3
No i'm saying MSHSAA is a backwards organization. That is all I'm pro playoffs. MSHSAA has shown us time and again how them being in control is more important than kids playing. Read the MSHSAA handbook and you will see tons of silly and archaic rules that are there for the sake of being in control. While real issues get ignored until the public outcry gets to big.
I wont disagree with some of your concerns. I am very familiar with MSHSAA handbook. But we are talking about state championships for football. They did the right thing and the best thing. all the other stuff is for a different discussion. I am glad HS spots are moving along, even thought there are some hiccups along the way.

This is the football forum. If you want to hear about those other sports maybe you should look somewhere else than here. Why not have them at Missouri State? Not ideal location for some schools for travel, but it's the frickin state championship. I'm sure any school would gladly travel to Springfield for that.

Reactions: RawMeat
This is the football forum. If you want to hear about those other sports maybe you should look somewhere else than here. Why not have them at Missouri State? Not ideal location for some schools for travel, but it's the frickin state championship. I'm sure any school would gladly travel to Springfield for that.
My point exactly it is a football forum. Maybe College campus' aren't allowing outside groups to use facilities. Location is not ideal, and are there facilities any better than the ones at Jefferson City? Id say no. Like I said earlier, any school can care less where they play. If you have made it that far, it the experience of playing with your teammates and for you community. They are playing during all this mess but people still want to criticize every detail. Get over it.

why not leave it TBD and set sites based on the 2 teams and pick neutral site while minimizing travel for both schools? E.g. If a STL school would matchup with a SWMO school game could be in Lebanon/Waynesville. KC area against STL area then JC makes sense or SEMO area versus COMO area Rolla may reduce travel for both teams and a good number of larger schools have facilities that could be used with adequate seating similar to the 3 sites proposed

Alot of posters posting without the knowledge. Polices in place currently from Mizzou bc of COVID has done this. Outside organizations cant use the facilities right now. They needed to set new sites. Jeff City, Blair Oaks, Helias have great facilities centrally located and have agreed to host and can support a substantial size crowd which will be limited per policies bc of COVID and so here you go.

Reactions: Stryk3 and 25WHEEL
Alot of posters posting without the knowledge. Polices in place currently from Mizzou bc of COVID has done this. Outside organizations cant use the facilities right now. They needed to set new sites. Jeff City, Blair Oaks, Helias have great facilities centrally located and have agreed to host and can support a substantial size crowd which will be limited per policies bc of COVID and so here you go.
Way to go. Use the truth as a way to mess up a perfectly good thread of misinformation and idiot conspiracy theories. Thanks for nothing. :cool: (Just kidding, of course!)

You all wanted the information. I shall provide. The final limitations on attendance has not been released and they will figure out which classes will play where. If one of the three schools that are hosting makes it to the final they will not play at their home field and that game would be swapped over to another host such as Blair Oaks would play their game at Helias and then Helias would then return the favor and play their game at Blair Oaks.

I would think because the size of these facilities will limit the amount of people who can attend as well as the need for social distancing they will defnitely put a hard cap on the amount of fans who can attend from the particpating schools and we could be looking at maybe 500 at the most from each school and that would be at the Class 6 level. It could be limited more than that but only time will tell on what MSHSSA decides to do.

I can't honestly say off the top of my head which stadium can hold the most but Helias has a brand new stadium, Blair Oaks complex is less than 15 years old and can hold quite a bit compared to most Class 3 schools out there that I have seen. Of course the Jays can hold a good amount as well.

You all wanted the information. I shall provide. The final limitations on attendance has not been released and they will figure out which classes will play where. If one of the three schools that are hosting makes it to the final they will not play at their home field and that game would be swapped over to another host such as Blair Oaks would play their game at Helias and then Helias would then return the favor and play their game at Blair Oaks.

I would think because the size of these facilities will limit the amount of people who can attend as well as the need for social distancing they will defnitely put a hard cap on the amount of fans who can attend from the particpating schools and we could be looking at maybe 500 at the most from each school and that would be at the Class 6 level. It could be limited more than that but only time will tell on what MSHSSA decides to do.

I can't honestly say off the top of my head which stadium can hold the most but Helias has a brand new stadium, Blair Oaks complex is less than 15 years old and can hold quite a bit compared to most Class 3 schools out there that I have seen. Of course the Jays can hold a good amount as well.
This is correct. JC holds more than Helias by a couple thousand, Blair is the smallest of the venues. All 3 are very nice stadiums and can accommodate the crowds/concessions/restrooms.

My main concern is for the class five state championship. They said that if a host team makes the state championship, they wouldn't play at home. If Helias makes it to the state championship, class five may get relegated to the Helias stadium. Jackson fans won't be happy about that (and they'll be there.)

My main concern is for the class five state championship. They said that if a host team makes the state championship, they wouldn't play at home. If Helias makes it to the state championship, class five may get relegated to the Helias stadium. Jackson fans won't be happy about that (and they'll be there.)

Helias is Class 4.

Correct. My point is that classes 1-2 should be at Oaks, 3-4 will be at Helias and 5-6 will be at Jeff City. If class 4 Helias makes it to the championship, they won't be playing at Helias.
This is just a observation....in many state championship games that I have attended over the years whether it be at TWA Dome in STL or Mizzou, I notice the largest schools typically do not draw the crowds as the smaller schools. I'd like to see class 1 and 3 at BO, 2 and 4 at JC, 5 and 6 at Helias

Class 5 game might as well be down at Webb that’s where the trophy is going anyway

Why would you have two largest classes at a smaller venue.? Class 5 & 6 should be at Adkins Stadium

This is just a observation....in many state championship games that I have attended over the years whether it be at TWA Dome in STL or Mizzou, I notice the largest schools typically do not draw the crowds as the smaller schools. I'd like to see class 1 and 3 at BO, 2 and 4 at JC, 5 and 6 at Helias

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT