ADVERTISEMENT

Most Dominating High School Football Player in Missouri You've Seen:

The nose guard on that team was Dee Grenniger. Two time first team all state and the quickest off the ball I have ever seen. Alan and Jeff were the two best players on that team but as a high school player Dee was right with them.
There were so many great players on that team, most games were over when Parkwood left the locker room.

Reactions: hctjtiger
Dylan Cole vs. Ezekiel Elliot in the state title game deserves a mention as well.
People forget that future NFL tackle leader Foye Oluokun also played in that game for John Burroughs (Crazy! Three future NFLers in a Class 3 title game 😳)

If we had to see the player in person, for me it would be Connor Harris from Blue Springs South (who ironically played in that same Show-Me Bowl! ☝️🤣)

Playing as QB, Safety, and Kicker in the Class 6 title game against undefeated CBC, Connor had a rushing TD, two interceptions (one of which he returned for his second TD of the game), and he kicked two field goals! (all that, and he’d go on to be an undrafted free agent in the NFL as a linebacker! 🤯)

Played against Rusty Medaris Ozark, Heath Watz Branson, Jeff Shore Camdenton
Coached Kurtis Gregory Santa Fe
Coached Against: Bryant Allen Maplewood
Seen in person: Zeke Elliott, DGB, Justin Smith, Grant Wistrom
Most Dominating performance, Grant Wistrom in the 1993 state championship game vs Rock Bridge

People forget that future NFL tackle leader Foye Oluokun also played in that game for John Burroughs (Crazy! Three future NFLers in a Class 3 title game 😳)

If we had to see the player in person, for me it would be Connor Harris from Blue Springs South (who ironically played in that same Show-Me Bowl! ☝️🤣)

Playing as QB, Safety, and Kicker in the Class 6 title game against undefeated CBC, Connor had a rushing TD, two interceptions (one of which he returned for his second TD of the game), and he kicked two field goals! (all that, and he’d go on to be an undrafted free agent in the NFL as a linebacker! 🤯)
How did I forget that kid? They also had a little scat back on that team that was also amazing.

Colin Brown from Braymer and Tyler Luellen from South Harrison were some DUDES back in the day in Class 1. Both went on to be drafted.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
Colin Brown-Braymer
Tyler Luellen- South Harrison
Ryan Madison-South Harrison

All started on Mizzou OL at the same time I believe.

Back when Mizzou had an All-Missouri OL.
I believe Spieker(spelling?) from Webb city was also on that line.

I played against the younger Madison in HS. He went on to start DE at Mizzou if I remember correctly.

Reactions: LawsonAlum
The 5th member of that OL was from KC, maybe Lees Summit. Can’t remember.

And the TE at that time was either Rucker from St Joe Benton or that big guy from RayPec.
Either way, a true Missouri OL

I have seen a few of the players listed here. Kyren Williams, DGB, Grant Wistrom, Mark Smith, and Alan Cockrell. Never saw Shannon Crouch, but heard a lot about him. A small school guy that I saw a lot of was Alan Wormington at Jasper. The Worm would totally dominate from the RB position and helped lead Jasper to the 1979 Class 1 state title. He would mostly just run thru and over people. The most violent collision I ever saw was when Alan ran over a Greenfield linebacker that was probably 40 or 50 lbs bigger.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT