ADVERTISEMENT

Montgomery Co. / Summit Christian

ChaoticFanatic

Mar 12, 2009
THE OZARKS
1 quarter into this game and my impression so far is that the state title game was Thayer/New Madrid.

These other two teams aren’t bad, but neither of them have the ball skills or the athleticism that Thayer & NMCC have.

MoCo 6’8 center isn’t great but he’s kind of sneaky, he’s quicker than you think once he gets to the block.
The 6’3 PF is probably the most athletic player on their team overall as far as quickness and getting to the rim. Also plays very physical.
MoCo looks to have two guards that can’t go to their left.
They are athletic though I’ll give them that.

SCA has a 6’5 freshman who is going to be really good if he stays there. Their guards are better than MoCos are, but only because they can go to their left.

Halfway through the 2nd Q, I can say this, overall, neither team seems to be able to shoot very well. About 95% of the points thus far are coming from 8 feet and in.

Reactions: thetophat2021
I’m watching this game after the fact, obviously.
9-0 run by MoCo to start 3Q. Playing much better this half.
27-19 with 5:26 left in 3Q

Two 3Ps have been made so far between both teams. Both were MoCo

1 quarter into this game and my impression so far is that the state title game was Thayer/New Madrid.

These other two teams aren’t bad, but neither of them have the ball skills or the athleticism that Thayer & NMCC have.

MoCo 6’8 center isn’t great but he’s kind of sneaky, he’s quicker than you think once he gets to the block.
The 6’3 PF is probably the most athletic player on their team overall as far as quickness and getting to the rim. Also plays very physical.
MoCo looks to have two guards that can’t go to their left.
They are athletic though I’ll give them that.

SCA has a 6’5 freshman who is going to be really good if he stays there. Their guards are better than MoCos are, but only because they can go to their left.
SCA will be lucky if they only lose by 20 against NMCC.
Montgomery Co. will also have a challenge with Thayer.
The 6'8" kid for MC is ranked one of the top players in the state, unfortunately he doesn't always play like it. MC's starting point guard is out with a shoulder injury, that's not an excuse because they've been playing without him for a while.
Your right, the championship game was NMCC and Thayer, too bad the bracket paired them in the first game.

Reactions: thetophat2021
The 6'8" kid for MC is ranked one of the top players in the state, unfortunately he doesn't always play like it. MC's starting point guard is out with a shoulder injury, that's not an excuse because they've been playing without him for a while.
Your right, the championship game was NMCC and Thayer, too bad the bracket paired them in the first game.
Having seen both with a regional rooting interest have to be objective everyone on this thread is right. SCA has seen no team within range of what NMCC puts on the hardwood.

Is their starting PG the Thomas kid??
Saw him with what looked like a broken arm when MoCo was getting 4th place medals

Summit is hanging in there. Catching up been gone all evening but appears SCA is dictating the pace hanging in there but all those first half fouls could be factor late.

Summit is hanging in there. Catching up been gone all evening but appears SCA is dictating the pace hanging in there but all those first half fouls could be factor late.
That was almost deja vu..............NMCC hits a desperation half court 3 but it doesn't count but they seem to be regaining control up 10 with one quarter to go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT