ADVERTISEMENT

Miege/private school complaints.

Chess2496

Nov 24, 2019
Why can't these smaller Kansas schools beat Bishop Miege, even once? In Missouri we have a couple of examples today with Cassville winning and with Lathrop, who lost but weren't completely destroyed like Miege's game (68-7). What is different in Missouri?

Reactions: BPcompete
Why can't these smaller Kansas schools beat Bishop Miege, even once? In Missouri we have a couple of examples today with Cassville winning and with Lathrop, who lost but weren't completely destroyed like Miege's game (68-7). What is different in Missouri?
Miege would still be playing in Missouri... they are that good !

Miege beat the 5A champion. My sons last year there they beat the 5A and 6A champion and the 5A runner up.

Last few years Miege could of won Class 6 in Missouri.

Biggest reason Rockhurst has not been as dominant last few years. Top kids in KC crossing state line and going to Miege.

Joplin definitely has a complaint against these private schools. They have lost back-to-back state titles to St. Louis super teams and it's ridiculous. Sorry, but a team having 15 D-1 kids isn't fair to public schools and you can't try to spin it and convince me that it is. I couldn't be more proud of the way Joplin played yesterday. They gave it all they had and David almost did slay Goliath, but they came up short. Something has to be done.

Joplin definitely has a complaint against these private schools. They have lost back-to-back state titles to St. Louis super teams and it's ridiculous. Sorry, but a team having 15 D-1 kids isn't fair to public schools and you can't try to spin it and convince me that it is. I couldn't be more proud of the way Joplin played yesterday. They gave it all they had and David almost did slay Goliath, but they came up short. Something has to be done.
This is not a new problem. Rockhurst has been in 16 state championship games. Let me know when you find anyone at MSHSAA who cares.

What complaint did Joplin have when Webb was kicking their ass every year prior to this season?

Reactions: TJ_DUB
What complaint did Joplin have when Webb was kicking their ass every year prior to this season?

Joplin has only been in the COC the lost 2 years. While I think most years in the last 20 years WC would have been a heavy favorite they didn’t actually play.

Plus as a Class 6 program even if Joplin has been in the COC it wouldn’t have made a difference as far as playoffs. Joplin the last couple years is by a pretty good margin better than any of their teams since the early 80’s.

Why, what is Joplin's record against Webb the last 20 years? And what does that have to do with private schools buying trophies?

I know. Life is so unfair. It a lot easier for you to cry about DeSmet than it is to put Joplin’s loss on them giving up 5 turnovers and choking with a significant lead. It doesn’t matter who Joplin lost to. You’d still find a way to bitch and make excuses. You sound ridiculous.

I know. Life is so unfair. It a lot easier for you to cry about DeSmet than it is to put Joplin’s loss on them giving up 5 turnovers and choking with a significant lead. It doesn’t matter who Joplin lost to. You’d still find a way to bitch and make excuses. You sound ridiculous.
I never said De Smet didn't win the game fair and square and I'm not making excuses. I'm very proud of the way Joplin came out and played. They left it all out on the field. I'm saying De Smet should play other private schools for their own championship. That's all.

Webb wins one state title in four years...its tumbleweeds. Get back on top and all the Webbtrolls come back to turn every post into something about them. Sad.

giphy.gif

Reactions: hb1025
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT