ADVERTISEMENT

Media Rankings with Maxpreps rankings for comparison

They should enter the district championship game giving up 3.1 ppg (only including starters) for the D8 championship.
Looking like a Week 9 rematch vs. Danneman and Excelsior in that semi. Big question will be who emerges from the other semi (Savannah vs. Smithville). Neither, though, has shown much thru the air this year that is the only area I think K can be had if just a bit. Draw Warrensburg in the State Quarterfinal the scoring average may go up BUT K's D line and LBs are light years better than anything the Burg will see leading up to that game if it happens (D7 is less wide open than it appeared a few weeks ago but still up for grabs and Nevada-Pleasant Hill face off next week).

Very cool KHS brought up 1989 that D was outstanding particularly vs. always explosive O'Hara and Ray-Pec. The latter was the Metro Game of the Week and Kearney moved into the very exclusive "Top 9 on 9" rankings when KMBC TV only acknowledged that number with all schools both sides of the state line included.

Looking like a Week 9 rematch vs. Danneman and Excelsior in that semi. Big question will be who emerges from the other semi (Savannah vs. Smithville). Neither, though, has shown much thru the air this year that is the only area I think K can be had if just a bit. Draw Warrensburg in the State Quarterfinal the scoring average may go up BUT K's D line and LBs are light years better than anything the Burg will see leading up to that game if it happens (D7 is less wide open than it appeared a few weeks ago but still up for grabs and Nevada-Pleasant Hill face off next week).

Very cool KHS brought up 1989 that D was outstanding particularly vs. always explosive O'Hara and Ray-Pec if I recall (again my God how time flies............).
Savannah could be the semi for K. Van Horn does have to play Pembroke. But Savannah has Pius and Maryville

Savannah could be the semi for K. Van Horn does have to play Pembroke. But Savannah has Pius and Maryville
Maryville is the most A or B team in MO this year but yep I scrubbed going to Savannah Week 9. Pius is gonna roll that one with ease.

Savannah-Smithville are likely 6-7 TDs better than Van Horn but the system is what it is.

ehhhhh I mean I appreciate the enthusiasm and belief in borgia.......but the only team they've played with a pulse is father tolton and they only won by 10. Forsyth isn't even ranked (though they are close) and beat em by like 30. You can't always compare scores but you can't ignore them either in my experience. I'd say Seneca beats em by 30 if they meet. It would definitely make for a good story/game, but just don't see it happening.
Borgia's best wins are over Father Tolton, who plays a C1-2 level schedule, and St. Dominic who was hammered by Cape Central. Have to agree here.................I see turbo if they meet.

The Ozone had a write up this week about Lamar. They may be down but I would not count them out.

The Ozone had a write up this week about Lamar. They may be down but I would not count them out.

Yep they have 3 close losses to 2 class 3 teams and 1 class 4.

They aren't playing Miller and Diamond

Imagine how pssed off they'd be if they gotta go to Stockton to play a district title game.

Phew.

A trip to Cedar County on a cold November night doesn’t sound appealing??
fun reeling in GIF by Winkelman

Snag a few crappie before going to the game sounds good to me!

That's not really how stats work though... Can't just take away points cuz it helps the cause
Actually, I didn't. He thought I did because I was extending a prediction to what I think they will be by the DISTRICT final. He thought I had removed the garbage points from turbo clock wins,. But I hadn't.

If K's offense didn't score a single point this year, and they had to rely on specials and D, they would be 5-1-1 this year.

Actually, I didn't. He thought I did because I was extending a prediction to what I think they will be by the DISTRICT final. He thought I had removed the garbage points from turbo clock wins,. But I hadn't.

If K's offense didn't score a single point this year, and they had to rely on specials and D, they would be 5-1-1 this year.
So your argument is based on a stat that hasn't happened....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT