ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty Legit?

That will, of course, be determined on the field but I think they move into C6 contention next year then (all things remaining equal) 2025 season ceiling will be very high. This next fall the Liberty-defending champs Liberty North game will be a must see game already on my attendance calendar.

Ive been trying to keep an eye since seasons end. Started 14+ sophomores on back half of season in the midst of a 6-1 run i believe. In the off season, several of those underclassmen have popped up in other sports (Mainly wrestling and basketball). My biggest understanding is, only 4 lost starters and IMO, one of them was one of the weaker links of the team, the QB

Their wrestling dynasty has been a sight to behold. Seemed like they had somebody in every weight class at state. Winning championship attitude goes a long way and I would think crosses over to the kids' other sports.

Reactions: thetophat2021
They really need one... Liberty North was too small the day it opened ! My guess would be that it would be built south somewhere around South Liberty Parkway and 291... in that general vicinity.
Liberty South Ravens would be perfect geography and mascot.

That new parkway is a MASSIVE area from I35 over to 291. There must be some 20 year plan for all that land. I never realize how wide a swath of farmland was there until they put the road in.

Keep hearing a lot of big things expected of Liberty particularly their 2026 class with some retiring all-state juniors.

What's their ceiling looking like?
andy-samberg-legit.gif

• Haha
Reactions: thetophat2021
That new parkway is a MASSIVE area from I35 over to 291. There must be some 20 year plan for all that land. I never realize how wide a swath of farmland was there until they put the road in.
I thought the same thing the first time that I drove that parkway... I had no idea that Liberty had that much undeveloped area !

Their wrestling dynasty has been a sight to behold. Seemed like they had somebody in every weight class at state. Winning championship attitude goes a long way and I would think crosses over to the kids' other sports.
It definitely could crossover but not sure that their wrestling program is the best example because they have had a lot of kids move in at younger ages to be part of the program but not have to sit out because of MSHSAA. They aren't doing anything against the rules, it is just a very unique case

It definitely could crossover but not sure that their wrestling program is the best example because they have had a lot of kids move in at younger ages to be part of the program but not have to sit out because of MSHSAA. They aren't doing anything against the rules, it is just a very unique case

The Liberty Jays class of 2026 is the one everyone is excited about. They had like 10 starters from that group, like 13 that were all-conference (hey, I know the GKCSC gives out those honors to too many, but still.) Individually, there are a lot of studs in that class. That is why their 9th grade team was undefeated. This is not usual, in that Liberty's 9th grade usually is well below .,500 because they never game-planned winning at that level. Just getting experience. So they had a lot of sophs on the field most of last season. There are some good college recruits, the Bindel Brothers for example.

Reactions: trumanbulldog42
The Liberty Jays class of 2026 is the one everyone is excited about. They had like 10 starters from that group, like 13 that were all-conference (hey, I know the GKCSC gives out those honors to too many, but still.) Individually, there are a lot of studs in that class. That is why their 9th grade team was undefeated. This is not usual, in that Liberty's 9th grade usually is well below .,500 because they never game-planned winning at that level. Just getting experience. So they had a lot of sophs on the field most of last season. There are some good college recruits, the Bindel Brothers for example.
Has Liberty gotten any upperclass move-ins in recent memory? Just thinking about the last 2 KC state qualifiers, but both made it over the top with with that variable. Seems that's exactly what a team like this would need to put them in that "contender" class.

Not advocating for HS recruiting, just being realistic

Has Liberty gotten any upperclass move-ins in recent memory? Just thinking about the last 2 KC state qualifiers, but both made it over the top with with that variable. Seems that's exactly what a team like this would need to put them in that "contender" class.

Not advocating for HS recruiting, just being realistic

Move-ins have been WAY overplayed. Liberty North had a couple in the last team, but that team that lost the final and lost in the semis was home grown from groups of kids that went all through school together and stomped their way through undefeated 8th and 9th grade schedules. There were like two significant upper classmen players move ins at Liberty North in the past four years. All they did was augment an already dominant group. To claim Liberty North is making it over-the-top because of move-ins, is complete nonsense.

Is a kid that stops going to a private school, and instead goes where he lives, a "Move-in?"

The most egregious examples of move-ins come from the Lee's Summit school district in the past 8-10 years. Everyone knows about kids moving over from surrounding areas of Blue Springs, Grandview, etc... Lee's Summit schools found three kids from LSW at the same apartment address...back in like 2017.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT