ADVERTISEMENT

Lacy Stokes

No it was more like Mox knew she was leaving and was recruiting for her next job. Judd's recruitment just came at the wrong time essentially because she would have been a slam dunk Lady Bear recruit.
It was a joke. But still one of the dumbest things in recruiting I have ever seen. I don't care if you are leaving or not leaving.

• Haha
Reactions: ChaoticFanatic
I think she can average 10-12 ppg, 4-5 assists per game and a couple of steals per game. Those are not star numbers, but they are solid.

Yes, she will have to move her game further outside and will have to keep defenses honest by being a 3 pt threat. How much she has improved as a shooter from out there will be a big key to how she does, but shooting is one of the easiest things to improve on in basketball and I'm certain she and the MSU coaches are on it.

And I do think she will be quicker and faster than most D1 guards. The girl is FAST, probably the fastest I've seen in SWMO in recent seasons. But she will run into more girls in D1 that can keep up with her, that is true.
Ten games into the season, her averages are 11.6 ppg, 3.7 assists and 1.7 steals.

Hate to be that far off my prediction :D

Off topic but whats up with Destiny Buerge at Pitt State? Looking at her stats, she scored 16 in 29 mins her very first game but then her minutes and points dropped off sharply after that

I don't know for sure but she doesn't always play well with others. At CJ the other girls just differed to her but that won't happen in college. She likes to be in charge.

The Mays girl from ELDO is doing well, especially lately. She's a freshman also. That can't be sitting well with the Buerges

The Mays girl from ELDO is doing well, especially lately. She's a freshman also. That can't be sitting well with the Buerges
I thought the same thing. I will say Destiny's mom doesn't post about Pitt St on social media anymore.

She also isn't a great shooter. I remember she once scored 35 against Nixa without making any 3 pointers. All driving to the basket and steals and run outs.

Reactions: Razzy417
She also isn't a great shooter. I remember she once scored 35 against Nixa without making any 3 pointers. All driving to the basket and steals and run outs.
I'm not sure that I disagree with you. But I read that and thought.. for not being a great shooter she scored 2k points and came dangerously close to 2500. She's probably not a pure shooter as much as she was (I haven't watcher her role at PSU) a scoring PG for CJ. Regardless, in college there aren't going to be 3+ girls on the floor you can pick on defensively every night like she saw in HS. Even in the COC most of those schools had at least 2 defensive liabilities on the court with her at all times.

I'm not sure that I disagree with you. But I read that and thought.. for not being a great shooter she scored 2k points and came dangerously close to 2500. She's probably not a pure shooter as much as she was (I haven't watcher her role at PSU) a scoring PG for CJ. Regardless, in college there aren't going to be 3+ girls on the floor you can pick on defensively every night like she saw in HS. Even in the COC most of those schools had at least 2 defensive liabilities on the court with her at all times.
I think for her senior year she was under 30% from 3. She was very good at getting to the basket. She had a thousand moves in her pocket.

I think for her senior year she was under 30% from 3. She was very good at getting to the basket. She had a thousand moves in her pocket.
I always kinda wondered how she'd do in a different offense, or playing as a true SG with a PG that could get her the ball (like Yates in Carthage). I had an assistant coach tell me she made 170 of 200 3's on the gun over the summer before her SR year. That leads me to believe she's got the ability, but it didn't translate to games for whatever reason. Watching them play I remember most of her 3's being off the dribble.

I always kinda wondered how she'd do in a different offense, or playing as a true SG with a PG that could get her the ball (like Yates in Carthage). I had an assistant coach tell me she made 170 of 200 3's on the gun over the summer before her SR year. That leads me to believe she's got the ability, but it didn't translate to games for whatever reason. Watching them play I remember most of her 3's being off the dribble.
This is probably correct. I wonder if they had stats that show the difference in her percentage. Most players don't shoot off of the dribble very well.

This is probably correct. I wonder if they had stats that show the difference in her percentage. Most players don't shoot off of the dribble very well.
Yes, even a guy like Steph Curry doesn't shoot a great percentage on pull up/off the dribble 3's. He's at 36-37% on those this season but almost 10 percentage points better on catch and shoot 3's. I'm sure Buerge wasn't in a position to get a lot of open look catch and shoot 3's in high school, especially when she had the ball most of the time

Looking at their team stats vs their opponent stats, two things stand out to me...

They are out rebounding their opponents by 6 per game and all of that is offensive rebounding - 6 more offensive boards per game than the opposition

They have a 349-347 assist/turnover ratio. Their opponents have a 257/408 A/T ratio.

So MSU is getting extra possessions/shots between the offensive rebounds and opponent turnovers, and doing a pretty good job of taking care of the ball themselves. Almost 9 more FGA per game than their opponents. The shooting percentages are about dead even but it's the extra shots per game that MSU is getting that is giving them their edge.

Stokes ranks 31st in the nation in assist/turnover ratio.

The loss to SLU hurts the Lady Bears as well I guess as the loss to Mizzou.

Stokes is a big reason for their success and I did not see that coming. Glad to be wrong on that.

Lacy was also named 2nd team all-conference and named to the all defensive team. She was named newcomer of the week 9 times, tying a league record. She ended up 2nd in the league in assists and steals per game. A very good year for the former MOSO guard.

Anyone see the end of that game? How do you not use the foul to give on the passer??

Reactions: mosofan
Wondering the same thing. Would have been really difficult to get a shot off at all after the foul

I saw it. What a comeback by MSU! Agreed that they should have fouled especially once the ball got into the post. Even the announcers were wondering if MSU would foul or not

Great final game of the year for Lacy. 22 points and 5 assists. Closed out a very solid season for her on an improved Lady Bears team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT