ADVERTISEMENT

Kearney 38, Smithville 14 FINAL

Kearney's first team D has given up one TD in three games. I don't know how you score on these guys.

Next couple of weeks vs class 6 KC schools that will be interesting.
Not likely park hill not that good, NKC even worse, Grain Valley is not the team they normally are and won't be by then, ray South will be no challenge and same for winne and ex springs. KHS goes into districts 9-0

Kearney's first team D has given up one TD in three games. I don't know how you score on these guys.
Besides the one running long play that set up TD, did SV ever drive across the 50 YL?
I’m thinking no. It was Kearney D 7 SV 7.

Starting D given up 7 points and has scored 16 points in 3 games.

I am not remembering anything close to the 50 seems like they were stuck inside their own 30 all night.
Smithville special teams were disastrous, frankly. Fixable but, again, just not sure what the heck they could find to make this one much closer when the two 95+ percent meet for it all in 9 weeks up the street............

Not likely park hill not that good, NKC even worse, Grain Valley is not the team they normally are and won't be by then, ray South will be no challenge and same for winne and ex springs. KHS goes into districts 9-0
Staley upset Park Hill last night. They seem to have really dropped since beating what I still think is a very good Rock Bridge in 3 OT to open 2024.

I saw Liberty firsthand last Friday night did not do summary/comment here honestly due to it being a pretty vanilla regular season one but was nice to see the Jays break through vs. the defending champs. I would agree K's D is quite a bit faster, more athletic and disciplined at least from what I've seen in person.

Love to see them playing that "fist" D former coach Gray referred to during the best Jones years. The LB speed, though, I have never seen as a unit like this and been watching KMO games since the 70s!
Im curious to see how this ages. Liberty's D has looked like it was humming the last 2 weeks and rebuild or not, to hold a LN team to under 100 total yards and one score was pretty spectacular

K and L have 3 mutual opponents so i will reconvene on this when i have more data on the matter

Reactions: thetophat2021
I say 21-7 or 28-7 Kearney, depending on turnovers. SVille has a 10% chance to pull off an upset, say with +3 or more K turnovers.

So 38-7 in early 4Q. I didn’t count on K’s specials. Wow. Kearney offense ran about half the plays that the Ville ran.

Smithville had 19 yards passing and a pick six.
D Line and LBs had a lot to do with that the Warriors O Line never stood a chance but yes the backs are making the plays thus far. Amazing how things change in-season, too. Not sure KMO has one team on the slate (GV maybe Week 6) that truly will be able to hold up on the lines.

Im curious to see how this ages. Liberty's D has looked like it was humming the last 2 weeks and rebuild or not, to hold a LN team to under 100 total yards and one score was pretty spectacular

K and L have 3 mutual opponents so i will reconvene on this when i have more data on the matter

More data available. Liberty loses to Park Hill. Kearney almost turboed Park Hill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT