ADVERTISEMENT

Kearney at Smithville

THE GAME IS OVER... MOVE ON !!!
200w.gif

I think round two will be much closer! Both teams made plenty of mistakes. I didn’t understand the onsides late in game. The going for two was a great move! Onside right after could have shifted that entire game!

To the Manny thing, I’d take several players of his ability. I’m not saying he can play and out athlete many kids but I don’t think he’s truly a football player or mind. Noland that graduated last year was a football player. The Strickland kid who graduated from Sville last year, he was a football player. It’s just a weird personal criterion and feeling of mine. Id love to see Manny do more wild cat for KMO to be successful.

I’m always impressed at the athletes at KMO. I hope for Minnicks sake he can grow and get better. The community over there in KMO can be harsh and compare to a guy who left over 10 years ago. I think minnick can change the culture but needs to clean up his football. The turnovers again are just too many. QB1 can change almost all of them.
thanks 'new member'

• Haha
Reactions: HomeyR
I felt for QB3 tonight but why even do the QB4 deal with your top WR??????? Kearney basically gave away the first quarter. Smithville was bouncing off the turf smarting after being shocked by Platte County last week. Kearney came out pretty flat.

In saying that there was one YUGE Kearney highlight and that was RB #6 Emmons. What a dominator he is! Gave me Broughton flashbacks tonight. I am sincerely sorry for being steamed about Kearney killing momentum essentially giving Smithville two short TD drives by onside kicking. Championship teams NEVER need that they just line up, kick it away and let their D get a stop and get you the ball back. The Bulldogs have an excellent D Line just don't get the need for EITHER of those both of which FAILED. Minnick is gonna be a top notch HC but clearly not there yet. Hope we see a whole other team come November when 99.9999 percent chance these two hook up again for all the marbles.

Kearney: 8.3 yards per carry. Emmons, 9.5 yards per carry.

Missing: QB1, QB2 (starter on D), RB2, MLB, and DE. Five All-Conference, and three all-state athletes were not on the field Friday. Kearney had more yards in the game and more yards per rush. Way more passing yards. Turnovers and field position killed them. Let's see how much of a difference it is in November with them on the field? By the way, it will make a BIG difference.

Missing: QB1, QB2 (starter on D), RB2, MLB, and DE. Five All-Conference, and three all-state athletes were not on the field Friday. Kearney had more yards in the game and more yards per rush. Way more passing yards. Turnovers and field position killed them. Let's see how much of a difference it is in November with them on the field?
dreamyryan-shut.gif

Missing: QB1, QB2 (starter on D), RB2, MLB, and DE. Five All-Conference, and three all-state athletes were not on the field Friday. Kearney had more yards in the game and more yards per rush. Way more passing yards. Turnovers and field position killed them. Let's see how much of a difference it is in November with them on the field? By the way, it will make a BIG difference.
excuses-files.gif

Reactions: Herman.Boone

Emmons balled out really felt for that kid. THAT is the effort we need from everyone come November vs. this ELITE program Ambroson has built in SVille. FIELD POSITION is one I've been harping on and do that at every game like this never mind who is playing. As Homey said, though, time to put this one in the file cabinet on to Oak Grove I go for what should be a pretty amazing old school rivalry game given both are unbeaten!

Emmons balled out really felt for that kid. THAT is the effort we need from everyone come November vs. this ELITE program Ambroson has built in SVille. FIELD POSITION is one I've been harping on and do that at every game like this never mind who is playing. As Homey said, though, time to put this one in the file cabinet on to Oak Grove I go for what should be a pretty amazing old school rivalry game given both are unbeaten!
Back to KTown games beginning Week 8.

I 100% agree. If you think you can win, strap it up and go right at them. Don't mess around with bizarre defenses, trick plays etc.

I felt that way last year in the District Championship game. I might be old school but the opening trick play TD by Kearney is kind of a cheap one. It made me think at the time though, that they don't think they can win going head up.

They should think they should win heads up now with their starters back...More total yards, more yards per rush, more passing yards. Play straight up, and K wins by 14 with their starters back. See you in November.

• Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
They should think they should win heads up now with their starters back...More total yards, more yards per rush, more passing yards. Play straight up, and K wins by 14 with their starters back. See you in November.

Who cares if they can win "heads up" or "straight up?" Win however you can. A win running power and iso 63 times is the same as a win running 20 trick plays. Do the one (or both) that makes you score more points than the other team by the end of the game.

Who cares if they can win "heads up" or "straight up?" Win however you can. A win running power and iso 63 times is the same as a win running 20 trick plays. Do the one (or both) that makes you score more points than the other team by the end of the game.

Trick plays, onside kicks, turnovers...all lead to short field for the opponent. Dumb when you are getting 3 more yards per play than your opponent. The only thing you accomplish: giving them a better chance to win.

Reactions: thetophat2021
Trick plays, onside kicks, turnovers...all lead to short field for the opponent. Dumb when you are getting 3 more yards per play than your opponent. The only thing you accomplish: giving them a better chance to win.

I don’t disagree, but you can’t call the coach a genius when it works and a dunce when it doesn’t, which is normally the impulse fans tend to have. You can call him a dunce when he takes chances all the time without calculation, though.

Haha. What????

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT