ADVERTISEMENT

Kearney 38, Smithville 14 FINAL

thetophat2021

Jun 14, 2021
Kearney, MO
Rob Lowe Football GIF by SoFi

From Sep 12, 2023 thanks to the Smithtroll, OklahomaDriller (whearabouts uknown) who disappeared November, 2023.

"You all knew that I would have a post about the Smithville vs Kearney game this last Friday, but I waited a bit to decide what to post. Instead of running my mouth and saying that Smithville would be a shoe-in as state champs because they have track speed, I admitted that we had a lot of new starters. On paper, Kearney was certainly one of the favorites going into the season this year. Now that we are three weeks into the season, they are trying to recover from injuries and Joey "Super Fan" is making all sorts of excuses. There is no doubt that Kearney has a ton of talent. However, the days of Tommy Saunders and Brock Christopher are over. We are now in a new era where Smithville is the "big brother" and Kearney is the little "brother". The big reason for the change is the change in culture for the Smithville football program from the youth organization to the High School coaches. As long as Smithville continues to keep the current coaching staff they currently have in place, you will continue to see Smithville win these match-ups even when Kearney has superior talent. In years like 2020 through 2022 where Smithville had superior talent and coaching, you will see auto-clock victories like we have seen in the recent past. I know there are several Kearney fans on here that post, and I appreciate their perspective. However, we have to hear from Joey time and time again just to hear excuses about turnovers and 100M dash times. Someday Kearney may be back on top, but by that time they may be class 5, and their window to win a state championship at class 4 will be over. With all the other talented teams at class 5, I don't see Kearney beating teams like Webb City, St. Mary's or Cardinal Ritter. Better hope some other schools start offering Smithville coaches high paying positions, or Coach Ambroson moves on to college. Until that happens, we can get used to the type of results we saw last Friday."

And my response:
#FINISHEDAMBRO

From Sep 12, 2023 thanks to the Smithtroll, OklahomaDriller (whearabouts uknown) who disappeared November, 2023.

"You all knew that I would have a post about the Smithville vs Kearney game this last Friday, but I waited a bit to decide what to post. Instead of running my mouth and saying that Smithville would be a shoe-in as state champs because they have track speed, I admitted that we had a lot of new starters. On paper, Kearney was certainly one of the favorites going into the season this year. Now that we are three weeks into the season, they are trying to recover from injuries and Joey "Super Fan" is making all sorts of excuses. There is no doubt that Kearney has a ton of talent. However, the days of Tommy Saunders and Brock Christopher are over. We are now in a new era where Smithville is the "big brother" and Kearney is the little "brother". The big reason for the change is the change in culture for the Smithville football program from the youth organization to the High School coaches. As long as Smithville continues to keep the current coaching staff they currently have in place, you will continue to see Smithville win these match-ups even when Kearney has superior talent. In years like 2020 through 2022 where Smithville had superior talent and coaching, you will see auto-clock victories like we have seen in the recent past. I know there are several Kearney fans on here that post, and I appreciate their perspective. However, we have to hear from Joey time and time again just to hear excuses about turnovers and 100M dash times. Someday Kearney may be back on top, but by that time they may be class 5, and their window to win a state championship at class 4 will be over. With all the other talented teams at class 5, I don't see Kearney beating teams like Webb City, St. Mary's or Cardinal Ritter. Better hope some other schools start offering Smithville coaches high paying positions, or Coach Ambroson moves on to college. Until that happens, we can get used to the type of results we saw last Friday."

And my response:
#FINISHEDAMBRO
Fox Tv GIF by Almost Family FOX

And my response:
#FINISHEDAMBRO
I think the #Hashtag is a bit uncalled for considering he got to hang it up HS coaching while coaching his son plus kids he was around with his son. He's a good man, coach, and friend to many! He looks to be enjoying his start at William Jewell HC.

Reactions: Treadmill
I think the #Hashtag is a bit uncalled for considering he got to hang it up HS coaching while coaching his son plus kids he was around with his son. He's a good man, coach, and friend to many! He looks to be enjoying his start at William Jewell HC.

It's a joke. But he did get his ass beat in the district final.

Reactions: Treadmill
This might be the name of the entire game and season for both schools. We shall see Friday who has "IT" more.
With a 90+ percent chance the two see each other again with everything on the line at the winner of Friday in November's District final. We shall see how much either side shows BUT have seen Kearney's D man oh man....................

With a 90+ percent chance the two see each other again with everything on the line at the winner of Friday in November's District final. We shall see how much either side shows BUT have seen Kearney's D man oh man....................
SV trouble moving the ball on Liberty and BSS at the jamboree. K defense is more dynamic than either of them, so we shall see.

1-0 thus far. Hosting S&T (what they call Rolla these days) Oct 19 but it is Homecoming. May pop over for that one anyway haven't been to a Miners game in forever and a day!

SV trouble moving the ball on Liberty and BSS at the jamboree. K defense is more dynamic than either of them, so we shall see.
I saw Liberty firsthand last Friday night did not do summary/comment here honestly due to it being a pretty vanilla regular season one but was nice to see the Jays break through vs. the defending champs. I would agree K's D is quite a bit faster, more athletic and disciplined at least from what I've seen in person.

Love to see them playing that "fist" D former coach Gray referred to during the best Jones years. The LB speed, though, I have never seen as a unit like this and been watching KMO games since the 70s!

And my response:
#FINISHEDAMBRO
I see the JR QB3 from last year played most of the GView game last week. Is the SOPH out or am I supposed to ask?

And my response:
#FINISHEDAMBRO
I had to lol at you because Ambro was 90-19 at Smithville, including 10-2 against Kearney. You broke him by going 2-10 against him. 😂

I saw Liberty firsthand last Friday night did not do summary/comment here honestly due to it being a pretty vanilla regular season one but was nice to see the Jays break through vs. the defending champs. I would agree K's D is quite a bit faster, more athletic and disciplined at least from what I've seen in person.

Love to see them playing that "fist" D former coach Gray referred to during the best Jones years. The LB speed, though, I have never seen as a unit like this and been watching KMO games since the 70s!

Well, talent and speed don't matter, according to the diatribe above. Superior coaching wins. Oh, and heart. But this senior class is used to beating Smithville, they have since the 8th grade consistently, and by quite a few points.

Well, talent and speed don't matter, according to the diatribe above. Superior coaching wins. Oh, and heart. But this senior class is used to beating Smithville, they have since the 8th grade consistently, and by quite a few points.
This game is a very hard read except I know Smithville is about to see a 179.999999 degree turn from the Ds they've faced thus far.

This game is a very hard read except I know Smithville is about to see a 179.999999 degree turn from the Ds they've faced thus far.
Agree with the hard read, SV has a better offense than Grandview and FO and a better Defense than Grandview not sure if even or a tad less than FO, and of course Kearney has better D than anyone SV has faced. I'm thinking 2 score win for K but I could be off

Agree with the hard read, SV has a better offense than Grandview and FO and a better Defense than Grandview not sure if even or a tad less than FO, and of course Kearney has better D than anyone SV has faced. I'm thinking 2 score win for K but I could be off
Regular season knowing they are highly likely to face off again for all the marbles in their district in November something tells me it will be a vanilla one.

Can Smithville match the physicality K will bring?

No. I’ve seen Kearny scrimmage against Lawrence free state, Oak Park, Blue Springs South, Ray Pec, and play Fort. None of them matched the physicality.
I'm more intrigued as to what you do for work? Are you a KMO Coach? A Psycho parent? A Super Fan who never left KMO since the time when Jesse James was revered as a hero not a gun toting criminal who killed thousands during the civil war and after? What is your exact means of employment? Are you a shadow booster who harbors kids for the KMO program?

Those are a ton of scrimmages to take time away from actual life to watch kids play a game, to not have something invested. We need a chat/chain series on here to discover who is Joey Northland? What does he do?

I'm more intrigued as to what you do for work? Are you a KMO Coach? A Psycho parent? A Super Fan who never left KMO since the time when Jesse James was revered as a hero not a gun toting criminal who killed thousands during the civil war and after? What is your exact means of employment? Are you a shadow booster who harbors kids for the KMO program?

Those are a ton of scrimmages to take time away from actual life to watch kids play a game, to not have something invested. We need a chat/chain series on here to discover who is Joey Northland? What does he do?
xr9AQyxLtjlx4IeYtN.webp

Last edited:

Haha we still have the Jesse James festival it is coming right up!

Reactions: Boogie_Mane

Jezuz Christ. You never watched the Sopranos did you? I’ve been here since 2012-13. Interesting fact. I once drove from Springfield, Mo to Seneca to see Shannon Crouch play a playoff game against Springfield Catholic. I bet you don’t even know who Shannon Crouch is. I saw Mark Capra QB at St Pius. I’m sure you have no idea who he is.

Last edited:

Stop it OklahomaDriller

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT