ADVERTISEMENT

KC Metro/NWMO C4-6 district time is here!

thetophat2021

Jun 14, 2021
Kearney, MO
FWIW my predictions in each district:

C6 D8: Staley is the favorite here but many upset possibilities exist particularly rematching rival Oak Park but this is "the" year for the Falcons.
D7: Columbia Rock Bridge, out of region, a strong favorite.
D6: Lee's Summit West has quietly had a great season and should roll through this district.

C5 D8: Pembroke Hill is a strong favorite but Smithville has been coming on and that final could be a good one.
D7: Upset special I like Ruskin (seed 3) to win this one as they've played a very strong slate with several impressive wins.

C4 D16: St. Joseph Lafayette is one of the elite programs in NWMO but should collide with MEC rival Maryville in the final. Irish by single digits.
D15: Richmond by a whole bunch.
D14: Center is very solid another quiet contender I like but Southeast nipped the Jackets on Valentine's Day so this looks to be a coin flip.
D13: Trickiest district of them all. Nevada probably should win but Barstow has played a strong slate. Flip between those two.

Class 4 sweet sixteen Monday at William Jewell. Looking forward to seeing these two games in person regardless who ends up playing there.

FWIW my predictions in each district:

C6 D8: Staley is the favorite here but many upset possibilities exist particularly rematching rival Oak Park but this is "the" year for the Falcons.
D7: Columbia Rock Bridge, out of region, a strong favorite.
D6: Lee's Summit West has quietly had a great season and should roll through this district.

C5 D8: Pembroke Hill is a strong favorite but Smithville has been coming on and that final could be a good one.
D7: Upset special I like Ruskin (seed 3) to win this one as they've played a very strong slate with several impressive wins.

C4 D16: St. Joseph Lafayette is one of the elite programs in NWMO but should collide with MEC rival Maryville in the final. Irish by single digits.
D15: Richmond by a whole bunch.
D14: Center is very solid another quiet contender I like but Southeast nipped the Jackets on Valentine's Day so this looks to be a coin flip.
D13: Trickiest district of them all. Nevada probably should win but Barstow has played a strong slate. Flip between those two.
C6 synopsis: Staley-Oak Park rematch arrives Monday should be much closer than the regular season matchup. Rock Bridge actually lost a close one to Battle in the regular season I expect that to flip Monday. LSW rematches Rock that one was single digits at the Rock in the regular season plus the Hawklets always play a gauntlet schedule so perhaps this will be close again.

C5: Pembroke rolled as expected and Smithville got a major rivalry scare. These two played a complete Raiders blowout in the regular season this one should be much closer. Ruskin is making me look good here they rolled Webb last night and top seed Grandview lost to Belton who is another quiet contender making a run on its home floor. This one could be very close Monday.

C4: Lafayette survived Maryville now gets what I considered to be the biggest shocker of the season last night Odessa upsetting Richmond BUT checking the comparative schedules may have been my big error there. Center and Barstow, next door neighbors who did not play in the regular season, face off at Jewell at 6. As for the Jewell doubleheader Monday I like Center and Lafayette in similar 6-12 pt. winning fashion. Looking forward to attending these.............

C6 synopsis: Staley-Oak Park rematch arrives Monday should be much closer than the regular season matchup. Rock Bridge actually lost a close one to Battle in the regular season I expect that to flip Monday. LSW rematches Rock that one was single digits at the Rock in the regular season plus the Hawklets always play a gauntlet schedule so perhaps this will be close again.

C5: Pembroke rolled as expected and Smithville got a major rivalry scare. These two played a complete Raiders blowout in the regular season this one should be much closer. Ruskin is making me look good here they rolled Webb last night and top seed Grandview lost to Belton who is another quiet contender making a run on its home floor. This one could be very close Monday.

C4: Lafayette survived Maryville now gets what I considered to be the biggest shocker of the season last night Odessa upsetting Richmond BUT checking the comparative schedules may have been my big error there. Center and Barstow, next door neighbors who did not play in the regular season, face off at Jewell at 6. As for the Jewell doubleheader Monday I like Center and Lafayette in similar 6-12 pt. winning fashion. Looking forward to attending these.............
Ruskin (3 seed) rolls by 16 to district title at Belton tonight..............

Ruskin (3 seed) rolls by 16 to district title at Belton tonight..............
But Battle beats CoMo rival Rock Bridge a second time. Pembroke-Ruskin is all set the Raiders should end the magical Eagles run Friday in Sedalia. I like Staley by a whole bunch over aforementioned Battle and LSW to put two KC metros in the C6 final four. No C4 results on MSHSAA yet will post when those are known if before bedtime tonight if not will squeeze out work break time tomorrow..............

Class 4 sweet sixteen Monday at William Jewell. Looking forward to seeing these two games in person regardless who ends up playing there.
Little birdie told me to stay home and watch a pair of what indeed turned out to be classics while both of these held to form as double digit Center and Lafayette wins. Friday's Quarter is a dead flat coin flip but mine goes by the slightest to the Irish.

Ruskin looked good. Following Webb I thought Ruskin was the team to beat in that district. Webb hung tough for a half but the 3rd quarter spelled doom for them.

I do expect Pembroke to beat Ruskin but should be a good one. Keep an eye out for Jeff City in class 5. As mentioned CR is now the favorite but JC has a nice team.

Reactions: thetophat2021
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT