ADVERTISEMENT

If KC Chiefs move?

don't even wanna go into red v blue states and taxation burden.

No Way Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I'm not getting a good road to live on with those two cities in the state anyways. It is narrow, yet needs shoulders with all the semi traffic that gets GPS'd on it between Springfield and Kansas. We've had numerous semi wrecks. I've had people stopping at the craziest times begging for gas, because they get caught out in that open area with an empty tank and apparently no charge on their phone with that lengthy distance between service stations west of Springfield and the Kansas line (because they were foolish enough to follow the GPS instead of staying on the interstates- yet with crowded I-44, maybe we can't blame them). And plus, the pot holes seldom get filled. So show me those good roads and services! We've repeatedly voiced our concerns to no response.

And yes, don't tell me it is a GOP vs DNC thing, or a Commie vs Nazi thing. Both are to blame. Real Americans don't need a political party to tell them what to believe or how to vote. George Washington warned us about falling into their snares. So really, you are either an American or just a party member; you can't be both.

And again, we as a state help fund the dome; we should be able to use it in the Show-Me Bowl without much in the way of an expense (just to keep this football-related).

I'm not getting a good road to live on with those two cities in the state anyways. It is narrow, yet needs shoulders with all the semi traffic that gets GPS'd on it between Springfield and Kansas. We've had numerous semi wrecks. I've had people stopping at the craziest times begging for gas, because they get caught out in that open area with an empty tank and apparently no charge on their phone with that lengthy distance between service stations west of Springfield and the Kansas line (because they were foolish enough to follow the GPS instead of staying on the interstates- yet with crowded I-44, maybe we can't blame them). And plus, the pot holes seldom get filled. So show me those good roads and services! We've repeatedly voiced our concerns to no response.

And yes, don't tell me it is a GOP vs DNC thing, or a Commie vs Nazi thing. Both are to blame. Real Americans don't need a political party to tell them what to believe or how to vote. George Washington warned us about falling into their snares. So really, you are either an American or just a party member; you can't be both.

And again, we as a state help fund the dome; we should be able to use it in the Show-Me Bowl without much in the way of an expense (just to keep this football-related).
Sounds like you are describing 96. I hate that road so much because of the amount of semi trucks that seem to be taking a shortcut from I44. I wish through semi truck traffic was prohibited on that road. That still wouldn't get rid of all the tankers going to or from that gas terminal or whatever that facility is though.

Reactions: Baldguy
Sounds like you are describing 96. I hate that road so much because of the amount of semi trucks that seem to be taking a shortcut from I44. I wish through semi truck traffic was prohibited on that road. That still wouldn't get rid of all the tankers going to or from that gas terminal or whatever that facility is though.
96 is part of that "Kansas-Springfield Trail," but Base Line is another part of it where semi accidents have been frequent. Doesn't take much for a wheel to slip off the side.

I'll admit another irritation I have on 96 is what appears to be Lawrence County locals who insist the speed limit is only 55. They'll pull out in front of you and slow you down.

I dont mind 96 at all.. actually prefer it, when construction is not going on.. (which for years, seemed like it was all the time)

I dont mind 96 at all.. actually prefer it, when construction is not going on.. (which for years, seemed like it was all the time)
I can't say 96 itself is bad. I enjoy the nostalgia of it being old 66 in most places. And when the traffic isn't irritating, you can move through there well. You can still see hints of the old tourist cabins, etc although a lot of them are disappearing rapidly anymore. As for construction, 96 alone had three bridges being replaced at one point last year, so all the people needing to detour from 44 were having to detour the detour for a while. For 96 though, if I could give MoDOT advice that they would actually consider, I'd suggest alternating passing lanes all throughout on the trip from Carthage to Halltown.

I can't say 96 itself is bad. I enjoy the nostalgia of it being old 66 in most places. And when the traffic isn't irritating, you can move through there well. You can still see hints of the old tourist cabins, etc although a lot of them are disappearing rapidly anymore. As for construction, 96 alone had three bridges being replaced at one point last year, so all the people needing to detour from 44 were having to detour the detour for a while. For 96 though, if I could give MoDOT advice that they would actually consider, I'd suggest alternating passing lanes all throughout on the trip from Carthage to Halltown.
Yeah like on 37 between Monett and Cassville. That would help. I didn't think about Baseline - don't drive that road often but yes it's bad. I actually remember thinking why are there so many semi's on this back road and, at the time at least, the road was heavily deteriorated from the weight of all those big trucks. That joplin news instagram account seems to show semis turned over on that road somewhat regularly, probably because they are going off the edge. That road isn't really made for semi trucks.

And yeah I do to some degree prefer 96 over 44 when heading from Carthage to Springfield except for every other time I get stuck behind an old fart in a pickup or livestock trailer that as you said believes the speed limit should be 45 or 55 and you can't pass because the traffic is too heavy. The semi trucks anymore seem more likely to exceed the speed limit rather than being slow which is an entirely different problem.

Yeah like on 37 between Monett and Cassville. That would help. I didn't think about Baseline - don't drive that road often but yes it's bad. I actually remember thinking why are there so many semi's on this back road and, at the time at least, the road was heavily deteriorated from the weight of all those big trucks. That joplin news instagram account seems to show semis turned over on that road somewhat regularly, probably because they are going off the edge. That road isn't really made for semi trucks.

And yeah I do to some degree prefer 96 over 44 when heading from Carthage to Springfield except for every other time I get stuck behind an old fart in a pickup or livestock trailer that as you said believes the speed limit should be 45 or 55 and you can't pass because the traffic is too heavy. The semi trucks anymore seem more likely to exceed the speed limit rather than being slow which is an entirely different problem.
Couldn’t agree more on 96. The unfortunate irony of this conversation is the fact a Miller school bus this morning had a rear-ending encounter with one of those such semis. It was extremely fortunate no one was seriously injured or killed.

Couldn’t agree more on 96. The unfortunate irony of this conversation is the fact a Miller school bus this morning had a rear-ending encounter with one of those such semis. It was extremely fortunate no one was seriously injured or killed.
Could be LOTS worse, guys. Try I 55 both ways in downtown Memphis these days....................how my car survived that this week escapes me.

Reactions: _slo_mo_
Could be LOTS worse, guys. Try I 55 both ways in downtown Memphis these days....................how my car survived that this week escapes me.
That's no lie. Between soccer and in-laws we navigate that effing mess a handful of times a year. I'm telling you, there can't be a soul on Earth that's willingly living in that crap hole. Place is awful.

Reactions: thetophat2021
That's no lie. Between soccer and in-laws we navigate that effing mess a handful of times a year. I'm telling you, there can't be a soul on Earth that's willingly living in that crap hole. Place is awful.
One of our fellow plants is located there (President's Island) could not agree more and ditto them they all live either in outer suburban MS or AR.

The state would almost be better off giving all of St. Louis metro to Illinois and all of KC metro to Kansas, since hey, both those states seem to want them. And Missouri just simply charges a hefty toll to use I-70 between the two out-of-state metros. St. Louis is especially worthless in that we have a dome stadium the entire state paid for that for some reason can't still be used for state title games in a controlled environment. And that alone is the reason for the other thread on state title locations.
Missouri without St Louis or KC would put us in West Virginia/Mississippi/Arkansas territory

Wait a second. Bosko and Homey are related by marriage!?
Now waaaaaaait a minute !!! 😡😡😡🤬🤬🤬
We sure are! THE MoSports CLOWN @HomeyR apparently married MY sister. We found out who MRS. Homey was and THE MoSports CLOWN said that was my sister. You better believe I welcomed Homey to the family with wide open arms! Welcome to the Boskos, Homey!

We sure are! THE MoSports CLOWN @HomeyR apparently married MY sister. We found out who MRS. Homey was and THE MoSports CLOWN said that was my sister. You better believe I welcomed Homey to the family with wide open arms! Welcome to the Boskos, Homey!
Cmon Sheldon... everyone knows that she's the town hosebag out turning tricks behind the pool hall at night. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: BoosterBosko
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT