ADVERTISEMENT

hey 3R

Hey 3R what can you tell me about Twin Rivers Softball?? I've never heard of them.
I don't know much about them right now, haven't seen as much HS ball as I used to with 2 grandson's doing stuff these days. TR has been around for a long time, not sure how you never heard of them. I'd say they have been better in basketball than softball over the the years. They've had some good years in softball but can't seem to get very far in the post season. They are down some compared to a few years ago.

Yea I've never heard of them at all. If haven't gotten to post season much then I would only see them if they were playing some tournaments or games around St Louis.

Yea I've never heard of them at all. If haven't gotten to post season much then I would only see them if they were playing some tournaments or games around St Louis.
That ain't likely to happen, too many tourneys and decent teams to play close to home. The Ozark Foot Hills Conference has had some very good small school teams for a LONG time. Maybe you've heard of Naylor, Neelyville, and East Carter.

Yea have heard of all of those.
They've all been really good at at some point in the last several years. Neelyville and Naylor are both down right now, EC was pretty good last year but I couldn't tell you what they lost to graduation. Van Buren beat Chaffee 3-2 at 3R yesterday in a battle of two class 1's.

I saw Chaffee at the jamboree. They are pretty decent.
They can hit most days. They won't win many low scoring game but they can outscore a lot of teams. In the game with VB they had 2 on and 2 out in the bottom of the 7th with one of their big hitters up. She smoked a long ball to LF that would have won the game if it got out or just got down. The VB left fielder ran with her back to the infield and caught the ball on the warning track with her glove straight up, not basket style, to end the game. I have no idea how she got the ball to stay in her glove that way but it stuck and saved the game for VB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT