ADVERTISEMENT

Have the Cards ever been this bad this far into the season in the DeWitt era?

oldroundballer

Dec 12, 2001
They certainly haven't experience fans turning on them. How long will they wait to make any major changes? Personally I think Marmol is in over his head. He made a decision to show he was boss when he went after TON in the press. That seems to have backfired. It should have been handled in private. Guys don't like getting called out. It was the first time I can remember TON not going all out and he had a decent excuse. I think the team lost some respect for him and it's showing in the performance. Granted they don't have good enough pitching to be serious in October but they shouldn't be KC bad. You can't replace the whole team. You can replace the manager. Will that be the move or will they just continue to ride it out and hope for a hot streak that gets them out of the cellar. If something doesn't change it'll be a long hot summer in StL.

In other more important news, did you notice the really nice Stifel patch on their jerseys though? They are also making a push for sports betting to be approved, doesn't look like it is going to go through this session though.

I don't even have a channel that gets the Cardinals anymore, so I'm not as familiar with all the details as I used to be. Have to think something has to change soon though. The seats will become more and more empty in a hurry.

Cards scored 7 today. Unfortunately Flaherty gave up 10 ER in 2.1 innings. I have no confidence that he'll every live up to the ace billing he somehow got. Pitching continues to be the biggest issue like many thought it would be. I'm not sure how they fix that at this point. Maybe Waino can breathe some new life into them. Hope has been the pitching plan all along. Might as well hope some more. It's really all they have at this point.

One thing that doesn’t help with the cardinals is the free ride the STL media gives them. I heard an interview before today’s game with Oli and the interviewer asked for his thoughts on some of the “quality at bats” the cardinals had yesterday.

They struck out 17 times in a nine inning game!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT