ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone have info on 2018 Trinity Catholic football?

orabidone

Aug 15, 2010
My lil public high school down here in Georgia, will be playing a home game with them, on Aug. 25th of this year! Any info would be appreciated! HOPEFULLY, they won't be asking us to SHOW UM! Cause as one of our more rabid supporters will tell you! We are just a buncha poor, tiny lil, undersized hogs!

My lil public high school down here in Georgia, will be playing a home game with them, on Aug. 25th of this year! Any info would be appreciated! HOPEFULLY, they won't be asking us to SHOW UM! Cause as one of our more rabid supporters will tell you! We are just a buncha poor, tiny lil, undersized hogs!

You should have scheduled Lamar.

Actually, this is a complete mismatch. With a school of 1,700 to 1,800, that would be a Class 5 team in Missouri. Trinity is a little Class 2 team. Schedule Webb City, Staley, or Fort Osage. Better yet, schedule Blue Springs. Hehehehe..see how that works out.

Reactions: NorthWestBleachers
Which school in Georgia?

They will be
DistantPoshChickadee-max-1mb.gif

Give a shout out to NWalls. He can give you the info you’re looking for.

...with the help of a translator you might be able to decipher said info

Reactions: RawMeat
Actually, this is a complete mismatch. With a school of 1,700 to 1,800, that would be a Class 5 team in Missouri. Trinity is a little Class 2 team. Schedule Webb City, Staley, or Fort Osage. Better yet, schedule Blue Springs. Hehehehe..see how that works out.

Trinity Catholic pursued the game with Colquitt County and they're traveling to GA to play them on the road. Have any of the schools you suggested scheduled out-of-state opponents recently? Very few larger schools in MO seem to have any interest in playing the better Class 2 schools in Trinity, Lutheran North and Lamar. It's interesting that nationally recognized programs in OH, GA, IL and IN are doing it though.

Trinity Catholic pursued the game with Colquitt County and they're traveling to GA to play them on the road. Have any of the schools you suggested scheduled out-of-state opponents recently? Very few larger schools in MO seem to have any interest in playing the better Class 2 schools in Trinity, Lutheran North and Lamar. It's interesting that nationally recognized programs in OH, GA, IL and IN are doing it though.

Colguitt will beat them 40-7. The Missouri schools I mentioned have done that. Webb has scheduled AR, KS and OK opponents. Fort and Blue Springs both played in the Kansas crossover game with their conferences, the past two years. Blue Springs played a team from AR the last two years. Trinity will be slaughtered.

Last edited:

What would you like to know? I moved to St. Louis from GA last year and have been following the local teams to get a layout of the better programs in the state.

Colguitt will beat them 40-7. The Missouri schools I mentioned have done that. Webb has scheduled AR and OK opponents. Fort and Blue Springs both played in the Kansas crossover game with their conferences, the past two years. Trinity will be slaughtered.

I don't know what the score will be, but I'd say The Packers definitely should win the game. We'll see how it plays out. Even if Trinity loses big, they'll STILL come away with 30+ district points just for playing a larger school and scheduling superior competition only helps a team in MO during the regular season, as everyone automatically qualifies for the playoffs regardless of their record.

Mismatch:

Prepare for a slaughter...

[2017] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 35, [2017] Trinity Catholic (St. Louis, MO) 8
[2016] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 46, [2016] Trinity Catholic (St. Louis, MO) 20
[2015] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 62, [2015] Trinity Catholic (St. Louis, MO) 3

Mismatch:

[2017] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 35, [2017] Trinity Catholic (St. Louis, MO) 8
[2016] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 46, [2016] Trinity Catholic (St. Louis, MO) 20
[2015] Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) 62, [2015] Trinity Catholic (St. Louis, MO) 3

They've played over the last 3 seasons?

Just a vision of what is to come, thanks to the Calpreps computers.

It's definitely possible. It'll be a good game and Trinity doesn't really have anything to lose. From what I can tell, Lamar simply doesn't have the ability to play those types of opponents because their conference schedule doesn't allow for any open dates and because they really don't have the resources available to make a trip like that. I could be wrong about the budget part though.

I believe Georgia enrollment figures are for grades 10-12 only, so I believe they would be 6A in Missouri. They are a consistent power in 7A in Georgia, which is Georgia's largest class. I agree with you that this is a complete mismatch.

I believe Georgia enrollment figures are for grades 10-12 only, so I believe they would be 6A in Missouri. They are a consistent power in 7A in Georgia, which is Georgia's largest class. I agree with you that this is a complete mismatch.

It absolutely appears to be, just comparing the difference in size/enrollment and program history. So, the question is "If Colquitt didn't see significant value in playing a Class 2 team from Missouri that hasn't won a State Championship, why would they schedule them?"

Even if every other high school in GA wouldn't play Colquitt, why agree to play Trinity if they weren't impressed with their ability to compete? If they were looking for a team to blowout, why choose Trinity? This game may be better than you expect it to be.

Kirby smart hopin to lure a few away from illinois?

I think Trinity has at least 4 kids with multiple offers, including Georgia. None of them have given their verbal to a program yet (from what I can tell). So, yes, I believe he is. Even w Patterson at Illinois, I don't know that they're the favorite for any of those guys.

What if Trinity happens to get a really great coach, that teaches fundamentals, discipline, has great knowledge of the x's and o's, has the ability to motivate and is a proven winner (everything it takes to be a great coach). With the talent they have who knows what kind of team they could be, it may surprise people. Now if they get another guy that lacks those abilities, it could definitely be a mismatch.

What if Trinity happens to get a really great coach, that teaches fundamentals, discipline, has great knowledge of the x's and o's, has the ability to motivate and is a proven winner (everything it takes to be a great coach). With the talent they have who knows what kind of team they could be, it may surprise people. Now if they get another guy that lacks those abilities, it could definitely be a mismatch.

Here's a thought ... Lamar's HC has won 7 straight championships and Trinity is still interviewing for their replacement.

What if Bailey left for Trinity Catholic?

Reactions: JNreturns
There are a ton of schools trying to find coaches, at the high school level AND in college. All jokes aside, I don't know what more Bailey has left to accomplish at Lamar. More money, a new challenge, or a change of scenery wouldn't be unreasonable reasons to move on. I originally made a hypothetical comment, but I could really see it happening if the right opportunity is there.

What happens at Lamar if Bailey DOES go? (Please leave Ampipe out of your reply).

Reactions: RawMeat
It absolutely appears to be, just comparing the difference in size/enrollment and program history. So, the question is "If Colquitt didn't see significant value in playing a Class 2 team from Missouri that hasn't won a State Championship, why would they schedule them?"

Even if every other high school in GA wouldn't play Colquitt, why agree to play Trinity if they weren't impressed with their ability to compete? If they were looking for a team to blowout, why choose Trinity? This game may be better than you expect it to be.

They read press clippings and the media hype about D1 athletes, etc...

Reactions: MWFBfan
They read press clippings and the media hype about D1 athletes, etc...

I'm sure they do and I agree that the unusually large number of offers and kids they've sent to play college ball is likely a significant draw. Even before I moved to St. Louis from GA last year, I'd heard about (and seen) a lot of St. Louis' 2018 Class at camps and Nike, Adidas and Under Armour combines. Frankly, Lamar's dominance over Class 2 is as impressive as Trinity having 3 2019 players ranked among the Top 25 players at their respective positions Nationally or Lutheran North sending all 9 of their 2018 Class to college on scholarships. I'd say the vast majority of GA HS players desire to play in college, so a team like Trinity does make a good draw from the hype. I wish someone close to Lamar could explain how a team with that much dominance doesn't have colleges offering their players more.

How it works out, all depends upon who will make that call to Dominos in Colquitt Co.! WE give $10,000-$15,000 for your trouble! Last season, we trekked into Cali and ole Virginnie to get opponents! And we don't have 1800, we have 2400!

And last time I checked, being a private school makes enrollment size irrelevant! I can remember when Brentwood Academy, with 325 students, won the Tennessee AAAAA State Championship, back to back!

There are a ton of schools trying to find coaches, at the high school level AND in college. All jokes aside, I don't know what more Bailey has left to accomplish at Lamar. More money, a new challenge, or a change of scenery wouldn't be unreasonable reasons to move on. I originally made a hypothetical comment, but I could really see it happening if the right opportunity is there.

What happens at Lamar if Bailey DOES go? (Please leave Ampipe out of your reply).

How much money is MORE money? Because there are fifteen coaches in Georgia who make six figures! And teach NO classes, except maybe PE!

Fortunately, they can't HAVE OUR coach!***LMAO***

THAT's our hope! Some of the strongest teams in Georgia, reside in SINGLE A and AA!

It's definitely possible. It'll be a good game and Trinity doesn't really have anything to lose. From what I can tell, Lamar simply doesn't have the ability to play those types of opponents because their conference schedule doesn't allow for any open dates and because they really don't have the resources available to make a trip like that. I could be wrong about the budget part though.

Would $10,000-$15,000 be adequate?

What would you like to know? I moved to St. Louis from GA last year and have been following the local teams to get a layout of the better programs in the state.

Returning starters, notable transfers, players to watch out for at the skilled positions! Quality and experience at QB, and quality on the OL/DL/LBers/Secondary!

Mismatch:

Well full disclosure, in 2015, Colquitt beat nearly EVERYBODY 62-3!

WHO is BLUE SPRINGS?

Unless Coach Bailey is hell bent on shoveling snow! He may wanna try to get a gig in Georgia! The new Marietta coach is from Oscar Smith in ole Virginnie! And it is reported that he makes in the neighborhood of $105,000!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT