ADVERTISEMENT

Did Something Happen!?

Now can you all apologize to PurpleHazeMFs for taking him out with friendly fire?

on fire GIF

@bman_turbo2000 is there any chance the bots and threads being removed was the actual scammers themselves? Like, could they remove all their crap to make us think we accomplished something?
Bots / Scammers are not and can not remove their garbage. This could very well be just another clean up by Rivals leadership like before. Thank you to person that contacted Rivals. Secondly, the bots will continue coming back until better security measures are put on this forum. MFA (multi factor authentication) or Xenforo Password Tools (security mechanism provided by Xenforo (the developer of this forums) and have it installed and inforced on this forums. Until 1 or both of these is done. The scammers will change the ip scheme of attack to spoof their origin and reinitiate hell. I give it 18 hours.

Bots / Scammers are not and can not remove their garbage. This could very well be just another clean up by Rivals leadership like before. Thank you to person that contacted Rivals. Secondly, the bots will continue coming back until better security measures are put on this forum. MFA (multi factor authentication) or Xenforo Password Tools (security mechanism provided by Xenforo (the developer of this forums) and have it installed and inforced on this forums. Until 1 or both of these is done. The scammers will change the ip scheme of attack to spoof their origin and reinitiate hell. I give it 18 hours.
Maybe it was the flurry of emails sent to Mr. (Ms.?) Terry. Several of us contacted Rivals during the last attack and it was crickets.

Sure but I'm saying that perhaps it was contacting others that then got Rivals to do something. Slater posted a transcript of his chat with Rivals. Did absolutely nothing
You have to look at it how that conversation went earlier today. One of the guys contacted rivals through chat mid morning. The rep did check and recognized that there is an issue and took down the information. They also stated that the rep was going to give it to someone that might be able to help. That rep would have sent it to the web team who oversees the forums which would have checked themselves and then would have gotten their database administrator to issolate the data from the spammers. After it was isolated they wrote a script to delete the data. When the script was executed the data was gone in mere seconds.

This is the only reasonable possibility of what got this done. So Thank you for that.

Now, though they would have to take it a couple steps further to eliminate their return. We will know in the coming hours if they do that or if they just stopped after those posts were removed and banned the ip scope of spoofed VPN of the ones who did this.

Contacting and emailing the president of On3 "Shannon Terry" at 1230pm is a nice touch but there is no way that lead to this result in such a short time from that point especially since Yahoo Rivals is not On3.

Exactly. But many of us contacted Rivals through chat mid morning. Myself included. The result? Absolutely nothing
Yes, but some of those reps when they got off the chat with you all did nothing after the chat was concluded. On the other hand this time around the rep actually sent the information to the team that could instead of just "doing their job and saying they can't do anything".

We all know people who will do the bare minimum of their job and not take the little extra effort to go beyond what is asked of them to do the right thing. In customer service it is full of it. But every once in a while you get lucky and get ahold of a rep that actually gives a damn and puts a little extra effort and makes something happen by just getting the information to the people who can actually make a difference.

That is the difference.

• Wow
Reactions: shoot90draw
Yes, but some of those reps when they got off the chat with you all did nothing after the chat was concluded. On the other hand this time around the rep actually sent the information to the team that could instead of just "doing their job and saying they can't do anything".

We all know people who will do the bare minimum of their job and not take the little extra effort to go beyond what is asked of them to do the right thing. In customer service it is full of it. But every once in a while you get lucky and get ahold of a rep that actually gives a damn and puts a little extra effort and makes something happen by just getting the information to the people who can actually make a difference.

That is the difference.

Joe Biden GIF by Election 2020

I don't think bman works with corporations at all. It takes days for reps to get information to anyone that may care unless it actually is affecting business. However when a higher up and or legal gets involved all of a sudden mountains move. Do I know 100% the emails to former rivals ceo and calls to yahoo legal helped no I don't but I think it's more likely than 1 csr finally cared and found an avenue to fix in an hour.

This, though, is very nice to come home from racing night #1 to! Let's see what happens.

Who the heck is this guy!? NERD ALERT!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT