ADVERTISEMENT

Crane vs Blue Eye

Ftballfan16

Sep 3, 2009
Saw something last night i have never seen before. This game was in double overtime with .1 second left. Crane had the ball down 2 throwing it in from the baseline. As you know with less than .3 you can only tip the ball. No catch and shoot is allowed. Crane threw it in under the basket and a girl in mid air tipped it in and forced triple OT. I have never seen this pulled off in a girls game. Crane went on to win this game even with a few of their starters fouling out. I question the hometown clock keeper as well. They should of let the clock run out on the jump ball call that led to the play. No way the officials would of added more time. I watched this on You tube on Blue Eyes live stream. Worth going on to watch the play.

Underrated "sliding doors" moment when Blue Eye grabbed a rebound up 2 with 10 seconds left and the girl just tripped and the ball went out of bounds. She's probably getting fouled, shooting 2 and it's a 4 point lead at home with less than 10 seconds left.

Blue Eye missed several point blank shots late in the game. A few of them were layups. Blue Eye also ran a great play late in the game and it looked like an easy layup and a Crane girl came over just in time to block it. It was a fun game to watch even though it was extremely sloppy at times.

Litel got hammered on that last block, but Blue Eye had plenty of chances to win that game. They could see each other again in Districts.

Litel got hammered on that last block, but Blue Eye had plenty of chances to win that game. They could see each other again in Districts.
I was just watching on TV so i could not see that good. They let them play that's for sure. I think this will no doubt be a rematch at districts. I think they are at Crane if i remember right. Fordland is good enough to beat either team on a good night but i think those are the 2 best teams. I have said all year that district 9-12 is the weakest it has ever been. There are about 7-8 teams that could go to the final four. I would say even Miller has a chance and this is their weakest team in years. Norwood, Richland, Crocker, Blue Eye, Fordland, Crane, Marionville all have a chance. None of these teams would of played the Blue Eye/Miller teams of the last 5 years within 25 points.

Reactions: TadQueasy
Watched the last little bit on youtube. pretty amazing. Why is Blue Eye guarding people outside of the lane there? Pack everyone in the lane. They cannot catch and shoot.

I watched it. Blue Eye should have had every defender crammed in the lane, no idea why there was only one defender on the Crane girl closest to the basket and inbounds passer. Should have been two defenders on her, one girl to front the pass angle, the other one between her and the basket

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT