ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches Opening

Leeton Is open as their school board didn't renew him for the job.
Any school looking for a coach that coaches hard, teaches life hard lessons while caring just as hard for his teams, don't sleep on giving him a call. Some school will get a good one with him.

• Wow
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
Any school looking for a coach that coaches hard, teaches life hard lessons while caring just as hard for his teams, don't sleep on giving him a call. Some school will get a good one with him.
Why would they not renew him? He’s a good coach I thought

They will regret not having him when the talent runs out. He did a great job there.

Wow. Tough shoes to fill for someone taking that job next year.

All of his daughters have graduated. I still thought he may keep coaching because they have some talent coming up.
Heard a few weeks back they had mutually agreed to part ways so I’m not sure he had the option to come back.

Not sure. Wonder how many applied. Isn’t lack of applicants the reason Womack un-retired 2 or 3 years ago

I heard he wasn’t ever going to retire last time. He wanted to double dip so he retired and came back to get full retirement and full teachers salary. I know of at least 1 qualified coach that applied last time.

Reactions: TadQueasy
Hiring someone who has never been a varsity head coach to replace one of the winningest coaches in large class basketball in the ozarks.

Wow.

Might as well have just promoted one of the assistants

Hiring someone who has never been a varsity head coach to replace one of the winningest coaches in large class basketball in the ozarks.

Wow.

Might as well have just promoted one of the assistants
200w.gif

I think Fleming had won around 80% of his games at Leeton, 7 straight district titles, 3 straight Final 4's. May have been some rumblings the last couple years and they weren't nearly as good this year. Only had about 8 girls out I think. He's a very good coach... but his style rubs some the wrong way. They let Rick Mills go on the boys side a couple years ago for similar reasons.

One of Fleming's daughters has graduated, one will be senior (coming off 2 acl injuries), and one will be a freshman next season.

We've been to Otter's camps and Christy works them. She's always been great to work with. Their camps are really, really good! She'll have some connections for sure... have no idea how good of a coach she'd be... but I can see why you'd give her a chance.

I heard he wasn’t ever going to retire last time. He wanted to double dip so he retired and came back to get full retirement and full teachers salary. I know of at least 1 qualified coach that applied last time.
Yeah there were applicant's last time. They just claimed there were not so that it made them look better in spite of the drama. The board was split on whether to bring back Womack or go a different direction.

Interesting hire to say the least. She definitely has big shoes to fill. And to walk into a first time job in the midst of all the drama around their program and school right now? Good luck.

It’s been an odd year.
Republic girls hire their assistant

West Plains girls hire a skills coach

Ozark boys hire an assistant out of district

Marshfield girls may end up hiring assistant 2nd girls coach with 7 weeks experience lol (this is a joke)

Potosi and North County in the MAAA
These jobs have been filled. Some movement of coaches in MAAA and Jefferson County. Former Park Hills Central and Potosi girls coach Matt Bradley is now at North County. Former Park Hills Central girls coach Josh Mapes is now going to be at Potosi. Also in Jefferson County, Aaron Portell moves from St. Pius X (Festus) to Festus girls job. So that leaves St. Pius X (Festus) open. They went to the Class 3 Final Four last year and have 6 of their top 7 players returning.

It’s been an odd year.

Marshfield girls may end up hiring assistant 2nd girls coach with 7 weeks experience lol (this is a joke)
What do people expect?

The pay is a joke.

Parents are delusional.

And kids have to be handled with white gloves.

We will see the day when there will be nobody to coach or officiate high school sports.

The good ones are walking away and the only ones left are the ones who are so far into their careers that they are stuck and cannot walk away.

This will become the norm IMO.

It’s been an odd year.

Republic made the right choice. Why should she not get the chance? It's not like she is was new to the program.

Lets see about Marshfield. They will get a good one.

I wasn’t saying she shouldn’t get a chance. But jobs like that normally hire people with successful head coach experience. I honestly could care less who any of these schools hire only stating that it’s been much different than it has been in the past as far as who is being hired at bigger schools

Reactions: MoSooner69
Kickapoo hired their long time assistant last yr and it worked out well, maybe even better than if Pendergrass had still been there. It’ll be harder at Republic to repeat that bc Flood was probably the best in the area at getting the most out of what he had, and Republic may be in a talent drought right now for girls bball

It is harder to hire a coach if they don't see talent in the pipeline. CJ hired a better boys coach this time than girls coach because the boys have more talent in the pipeline now.

It is harder to hire a coach if they don't see talent in the pipeline. CJ hired a better boys coach this time than girls coach because the boys have more talent in the pipeline now.
JgYM7wK.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT