ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Playoff

Toots_mcgee

Nov 10, 2020
ACC is out. FSU is out whether they win out or not. You cannot put them in missing their QB/best player. That would be absurd. Louisville got beat up by a sad Pitt team.

Was/Oregon winner
OSU/Michigan winner
Georgia/Bama winner
Texas if they win
Texas loss and Bama win = Georgia.

There you go, sports fans.

I hate Texas and it pains me to defend them... But some people really need to get a clue. People seem to want to forget that Texas owned Bama in Tuscaloosa. No way you can discount that, no matter if it was Week 1 or Conference Championship week. If Georgia loses to Bama, there is a chance that neither of the SEC schools get it. (now I dont think it happens) But come on folks, head to head has to count for something. In that instance UT should be in ahead of both of them, if Texas wins the Bif XII

If FSU goes unbeaten, they are in. It would be absurd to keep them out. Football is a team sport, not an individual sport. You put them in based on actual results not on the OPINION of who you think might win in a matchup or whether the games might be competitive.

If FSU goes unbeaten, they are in. It would be absurd to keep them out. Football is a team sport, not an individual sport. You put them in based on actual results not on the OPINION of who you think might win in a matchup or whether the games might be competitive.
The goal of the cfp is to put the 4 best teams in at the time so there is no what is, 12 team accomplishes this better 1 season too late. Hopefully Louisville solves all this for us in 2 weeks

Last edited:
The goal of the cfp is to put the 4 best teams in at the time so there is no what is, 12 team accomplishes this better 1 season too late. Hopefully Louisville solves all this for us in 2 weeks
While in principal that is true, there is too much judgement in what “best” means. If a team in a power conference is unbeaten, they have earned the right to be in that playoff. Any other outcome is ridiculous.

Saw a survey on a show today. An overwhelming majority of football fans do NOT want to see FSU with a second string QB in the CFB playoff. They don’t care if they are undefeated. They want the four best teams right now. Give the people what they want.

Texas as B12 champs would be in. SEC and B10 champs will be, as well. Washington or FSU being undefeated should get them the 4th spot. If both stay unbeaten, I don't think Washington would beat out bevo.

Saw a survey on a show today. An overwhelming majority of football fans do NOT want to see FSU with a second string QB in the CFB playoff. They don’t care if they are undefeated. They want the four best teams right now. Give the people what they want.
Most college football fans are elitists who only care about the brand and not who actually earned it then.

• Haha
Reactions: Veer2Eternity
Texas as B12 champs would be in. SEC and B10 champs will be, as well. Washington or FSU being undefeated should get them the 4th spot. If both stay unbeaten, I don't think Washington would beat out bevo.
Idk if this is what you meant to say.

Washington is unbeaten and the committee already ranks them ahead of 1-loss Texas. So if they win out—likely beating Oregon who is also ranked ahead of 1-loss Texas, there is no way Bevo beats out undefeated Washington. And If Oregon wins they also might beat out Texas for a spot.

Reactions: HoopsTournament
No they wont amd they shouldnt. They have played LSU. Thats it. Schedule us awful.

lets get this very clear for folks that just arnt getting it, If Texas wins out they are in with the B10 winner, SEC winner, and P12 winner. The crazy scenarios only come into play if Texas loses

No they wont amd they shouldnt. They have played LSU. Thats it. Schedule us awful.
Because opinion should outweigh results on the field. This is why NFL has been superior to college football. They actually have an objective way to determine their playoffs. At least college football is taking a step in the right direction next year. However, with their history, I would not be surprised if they royally screw that one up.

Because opinion should outweigh results on the field. This is why NFL has been superior to college football. They actually have an objective way to determine their playoffs. At least college football is taking a step in the right direction next year. However, with their history, I would not be surprised if they royally screw that one up.
You seem to get tilted really easy.

Work on that.

As for FSU, let's see how they look the next two games. It'll work itself out.
We don't want any more NDs sneaking in and taking ass kickings because they played polly creampuffs all season.

You seem to get tilted really easy.

Work on that.

As for FSU, let's see how they look the next two games. It'll work itself out.
We don't want any more NDs sneaking in and taking ass kickings because they played polly creampuffs all season.
I seem to express my opinion that disagrees with you and you take that as me being tilted. Work on that.

FSU has squeaked out close wins vs very mediocre competition. They peaked in September. They don’t belong.

Reactions: cru66
No man you really get wound up. It's all in fun.

FSU doesn't belong now. They lost their best (by far) player. You want them to get ND'd?
Yep. You are right. I disagree with you, so I am wound up. Thanks for letting me know.

Where do I send the therapy bill?

On message boards, people read emotions into other people’s posts that they are actually feeling themselves and then project them onto others. But believe what you want.

Yep. You are right. I disagree with you, so I am wound up. Thanks for letting me know.

Where do I send the therapy bill?
See you're still salty.

Here's how you do this:

Before you post, ask yourself 'is this something my wife or mother in law might say?"

If yes, don't post.

Bama needed a miracle to beat a team that got smashed by New Mexico State just a week ago. Certainly they are going to take a hit for it.

Bama controls their own destiny. Beat Georgia and they are in. They will have the best victory of 1 loss teams, Georgia, and be a conference champion. If Bama wins at most there will be 3 undefeated teams. Washington has a tough rematch in Oregon, FSU has to win 2 games with a backup QB to get in and remain undefeated, Michigan gets a bye and will be Big 10 champion.

does not erase the loss to Texas. If its down to the Horns and Tide and Tide gets picked, everything ever said about bias will hold true. Head to head has to matter.

If the Florida Gators with their second string QB continue to dominate FSU with their second string QB, the top 2 teams in the ACC will have lost to the SEC East 4th and 5th place teams.

Don’t underestimate the SEC men.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT