ADVERTISEMENT

Caught Red Handed (St. Pius X Festus)

Far from the only murky business with that knew Pius Staff from what I’ve heard
im-listening-go-ahead.gif

Far from the only murky business with that knew Pius Staff from what I’ve heard
Okay...you can't just post this and not expound on....murky means unclear/dirty.....hmmmmm
Care, Bill. If you have read ANY of my posts, its the ones where I have cautioned people about putting stuff in writing. I would use broad and generic type language and PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

Freshman and JV don't count for district points or conference standings. I have no problem with coaching staffs and ADs viewing them as live scrimmages. But yeah, they're supposed to be for talent evaluation, no reason to have Varsity starters play a game against a freshman squad. If you can't field a proper JV squad don't play JV football. Also why the heck did the Poplar Bluff freshman not play the Fox freshman squad as the JV squad was playing there? Poplar Bluff's Freshman and JV tend to play on the same day and travel together against the previous Friday's opponent. Does Fox not field a Freshman team?

I am confused the Pius HC posted that the game was a "JV clash".

"The youngsters go a chance to play a CLASS 5 school. Poplar Bluff met us in Farmington for a JV clash. We did give up our first score of the year on JV, but we walked away with a big win over a great program. 43-6 LANCERS!!!
#WeAreComing

So was it a JV game or Pius JV vs Bluff freshman?

Reactions: FootOnTheGas
I am confused the Pius HC posted that the game was a "JV clash".

"The youngsters go a chance to play a CLASS 5 school. Poplar Bluff met us in Farmington for a JV clash. We did give up our first score of the year on JV, but we walked away with a big win over a great program. 43-6 LANCERS!!!
#WeAreComing

So was it a JV game or Pius JV vs Bluff freshman?
Sounds like it was JV Pius (with varsity kids playing down) against a Freshmen only Poplar Bluff team.

What a blowhard!!!! Hope they kept track of the kids that played so they can manage Friday night's game properly this time.

Fresh off the press from the Pulitzer Prize winning Jefferson County Leader:

St. Pius activities director Tilden Watson said a freshman played too many quarters – six is the maximum allowed per week – when the Lancers played Jefferson Sept. 15 in a varsity game and then he played in a JV game Sept. 21. Watson said the school self-reported the violation to the Missouri State High School Activities Association. Jason West, communications director at MSHSAA, confirmed that the Lancers vacated the win.
“Rules are rules,” said first-year St. Pius head coach Frank Ray, who said he is still adapting to coaching at a small school after coming from Hillsboro. “In order to have JV games, some of the young kids have to do double duty. I didn’t have that issue coming from Hillsboro, (where) the freshmen, JV and varsity teams didn’t intermingle.”

Rules are rules huh??? Laws are laws...grass is green, water is wet!!

Fresh off the press from the Pulitzer Prize winning Jefferson County Leader:

St. Pius activities director Tilden Watson said a freshman played too many quarters – six is the maximum allowed per week – when the Lancers played Jefferson Sept. 15 in a varsity game and then he played in a JV game Sept. 21. Watson said the school self-reported the violation to the Missouri State High School Activities Association. Jason West, communications director at MSHSAA, confirmed that the Lancers vacated the win.
“Rules are rules,” said first-year St. Pius head coach Frank Ray, who said he is still adapting to coaching at a small school after coming from Hillsboro. “In order to have JV games, some of the young kids have to do double duty. I didn’t have that issue coming from Hillsboro, (where) the freshmen, JV and varsity teams didn’t intermingle.”

Rules are rules huh??? Laws are laws...grass is green, water is wet!!
JV and Freshman don't intermingle? Pretty sure JV players are usually on the varsity squad. They don't always get PT but they dress and they're there of needed for depth.

Freshman and JV don't count for district points or conference standings. I have no problem with coaching staffs and ADs viewing them as live scrimmages. But yeah, they're supposed to be for talent evaluation, no reason to have Varsity starters play a game against a freshman squad. If you can't field a proper JV squad don't play JV football. Also why the heck did the Poplar Bluff freshman not play the Fox freshman squad as the JV squad was playing there? Poplar Bluff's Freshman and JV tend to play on the same day and travel together against the previous Friday's opponent. Does Fox not field a Freshman team?
I can verify based on pictures posted online that Varsity starters from the Friday before vs Cuba where suited up and playing in Mondays contest. I am also aware Schools tried to get their hands on any film from Monday's contest but conveniently no film exists. I would almost guarantee they did it again since they played 2 different teams Friday and Monday

I can verify based on pictures posted online that Varsity starters from the Friday before vs Cuba where suited up and playing in Mondays contest. I am also aware Schools tried to get their hands on any film from Monday's contest but conveniently no film exists. I would almost guarantee they did it again since they played 2 different teams Friday and Monday
welp-ok.gif

• Haha
Reactions: shoot90draw
Aside from the fact that IT IS A RULE AND RULES ARE TO BE FOLLOWED and the HEALTH AND SAFETY of a bunch of 14 and 15 year olds who have rubber bones and no refractory period, I'd like to know, why does this matter?

In some cases it doesn't matter, but in other cases it does matter, the fact that they thought they could get away with it, and they knew exactly what they were trying to do, even with one current AD and another former AD on coaching staff..people who are supposed to set the line and enforce the rules not help break them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT