ADVERTISEMENT

Caught Red Handed (St. Pius X Festus)

footballaholic16

May 8, 2023
Anyone know why St. Pius X (Festus) is listed as a 4-2 on MSHSAA? I saw they lost to Jefferson R-7 but it shows them as forfeiting to Herculaneum now as well. Any news on what happened between Pius and Herculaneum? I saw the game between Pius and Herculaneum was indeed played.

Reactions: FootOnTheGas
conspiracy-theory.gif

Possibly they played an ineligible player?
Private school playing an ineligible player..... pretty typical if its true. Its a shame for the kids... That coach just cost them a game and impacted in some way their district standings.

Possibly MSHSAA made a mistake. Herculaneums schedule shows a 1-5 record and a 13-0 loss to St Pius. I hate to make false accusations…ahem…but it is possible MSHSAA typo error! And until I/we know for sure (and you would think we would have heard by now) I am going with that!

Possibly MSHSAA made a mistake. Herculaneums schedule shows a 1-5 record and a 13-0 loss to St Pius. I hate to make false accusations…ahem…but it is possible MSHSAA typo error! And until I/we know for sure (and you would think we would have heard by now) I am going with that!
St. Pius originally won that game like 41-0 or something like that. As a small school football fan I occasionally look at standings and it clearly had Pius winning that game on MSHSAA 41-0 and Herculaneum losing 0-41 for multiple days. Now it shows Pius as "FL 0-13" and Herculaneum as "L 13-0". I do know that "FL" stands for "Forfeit Loss" and 13 -0 is the score awarded for forfeited games (in favor of the team credited with the win after a forfeit). So clearly MSHSAA went in and changed the original results after being on there for several days. Just curious as to what happened.

Last edited:
I am curious as well! MSHSAA seems to be giving both teams, on their web site, an L! And your statement of “private schools using an ineligible player being typical” ???? Do not think use of “typical” is the right choice of words!

I am curious as well! MSHSAA seems to be giving both teams, on their web site, an L! And your statement of “private schools using an ineligible player being typical” ???? Do not think use of “typical” is the right choice of words!
Could have been stated better, apologies. There are indeed private schools around the state that follow MSHSAA by laws. Based on the way the score is showing now on MSHSAA though I believe they forgot to fix the result for Herculaneum after awarding the forfeit.

Just not wanting this thread to implode!😁
And we still have no idea of what happened!

Would appear right now that Pius is trying to up their game as far as bringing players from a wider area (previous head coach won 8 games in 3 of 4 seasons). Broken record, but why in the world you have public and private playing with 2 sets of rules but playing in the same playoff system is something I will never understand.

My guess is the real problem is they don't have a proper booster club President manning the controls. If only we had a booster on here who could steer them in the right direction to run the proper interference.........

Would appear right now that Pius is trying to up their game as far as bringing players from a wider area (previous head coach won 8 games in 3 of 4 seasons). Broken record, but why in the world you have public and private playing with 2 sets of rules but playing in the same playoff system is something I will never understand.

My guess is the real problem is they don't have a proper booster club President manning the controls. If only we had a booster on here who could steer them in the right direction to run the proper interference.........
Didn't Pius get caught recruiting years ago?

Here, here! I would concur. Now I cant commit on the private school side of things. But on the PUBLIC side, well, that's my wheel house! However, due to other posters not wanting this thread to "implode" I will decline to comment. In closing though, follow the money...

Reactions: shoot90draw
…… and the suspense is over!

I did my best! But now that this thread is imploding, I can respond!

In all honesty, IF the private school recruited, played an ineligible player and got caught, that booster club president needs to be impeached!! Do you know how many players I have ALLEGEDLY brought into Ampipe? Well, zero because its all alleged. And were a PUBLIC school!!

I did my best! But now that this thread is imploding, I can respond!

In all honesty, IF the private school recruited, played an ineligible player and got caught, that booster club president needs to be impeached!! Do you know how many players I have ALLEGEDLY brought into Ampipe? Well, zero because its all alleged. And were a PUBLIC school!!
db34f13e-00dc-4bb2-b246-9a558837a261_text.gif

MSHSAA website has a JV forefit for the Monday before the varsity forfeit. That's a heck of a week, 2 in 1 week! Would make sense with overplaying quarters. Is the AD new there as well?

BECAUSE THEY CHEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone know private schools do this kind of stuff, they don't operate under the same rules as public schools, heck even coaches in private schools don't have to follow the same ethical laws that public school coaches do....

BECAUSE THEY CHEATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone know private schools do this kind of stuff, they don't operate under the same rules as public schools, heck even coaches in private schools don't have to follow the same ethical laws that public school coaches do....
Sounds like someone lost to a private school Friday night.

• Love

Oh God Pancho is sucking up to Bosko.................

• Angry
Reactions: BoosterBosko
People actually keep track of quarters? Wear different jersey numbers for JV you dummies…..
When your talking about a small school with only 25ish players dressed on the sidelines like Pius and you have any opposing coach worth a darn that watches anywhere between 3-15 hours of film on a team per week (yes good assistants watch a lot of film too), its not hard to figure out which kid is which. Even with a Jersey swap. Especially considering Pius recruits kids from other local public schools. All the kids know each other around that area. Just a really dumb decision by their coaching staff.

When your talking about a small school with only 25ish players dressed on the sidelines like Pius and you have any opposing coach worth a darn that watches anywhere between 3-15 hours of film on a team per week (yes good assistants watch a lot of film too), its not hard to figure out which kid is which. Even with a Jersey swap. Especially considering Pius recruits kids from other local public schools. All the kids know each other around that area. Just a really dumb decision by their coaching staff.
In addition to the jersey swaps, you can easily make a "typos" to the program. A few extra names here and some typos there, BAM! You almost have a new team! Just make sure you have the booster club "contract out" the program production.

Maybe Pius didn't have enough kids for the JV game unless they played some freshmen and sophomore too many quarters and the coaches thought they could sneak it by without no one noticing. I doubt if Herky turned them in over a JV game. I would think both teams coaches were happy to get the game in so the JV kids could get some game time regardless of who played in a meaningless JV game. My guess is the Pius AD or admin got wind of it and self reported. Come on, guys, it's a JV game, not the crime of the century!!

Last edited:
Maybe Pius didn't have enough kids for the JV game unless they played some freshmen and sophomore too many quarters and the coaches thought they could sneak it by without no one noticing. I doubt if Herky turned them in over a JV game. I would think both teams coaches were happy to get the game in so the JV kids could get some game time regardless of who played in a meaningless JV game. My guess is the Pius AD or admin got wind of it and self reported. Come on, guys, it's a JV game, not the crime of the century!!
Rules are in place for a reason..... If you don't have enough then you don't play. Its that simple. Its your job to get kids out as a coach (legally). As for self reporting... Come on man. Everyone knows if you get caught by another team that's what you do to save face. If they had to forfeit the JV Pius v. R7 game as well and then the scheduled JV Pius v. Herky game was not played as was originally scheduled then clearly this was an ongoing issue. According to some parents it wasn't just "some kid". It was varsity starters they played down...... Yes they were Freshmen but come on...

If you don't have the numbers for a lower level game, then you don't play it, or go down to 8 man football. As to self reporting it, I call BS. The Pius AD is an assistant coach, and another asst coach on staff is a former AD at Hillsboro. If 2 AD's on the football staff and the head coach didn't know that simple of a rule, then they aren't fit to be in their position. More likely scenario is they are doing what they want, choosing to ignore the rules, and someone called them on it. You could call it the little league type nonsense you see nowadays. (play in tournaments where kids play multiple games a day, assemble an all star team, coach take all the credit for success, rules be darned).

Reactions: footballaholic16
If you don't have the numbers for a lower level game, then you don't play it, or go down to 8 man football. As to self reporting it, I call BS. The Pius AD is an assistant coach, and another asst coach on staff is a former AD at Hillsboro. If 2 AD's on the football staff and the head coach didn't know that simple of a rule, then they aren't fit to be in their position. More likely scenario is they are doing what they want, choosing to ignore the rules, and someone called them on it. You could call it the little league type nonsense you see nowadays. (play in tournaments where kids play multiple games a day, assemble an all star team, coach take all the credit for success, rules be darned).
BINGO!

I think everyone on this thread is forgetting a few things. 1) Its only illegal if you get caught 2) when it comes to rich pricks its always 'rules for thee but not for me'! 3) ALWAYS elect a booster club president, public or private school, who is willing to "play ball".

Reactions: shoot90draw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT