D2 Eureka
D5 Helias Catholic
D6 Branson or Repub im going with Branson for now

Ritter beats Eureka in RD1
Helias beats Branson in Rd1
Ritter beats Helias in Rd 2

D3 MICDS
D4 FZN or FZW last game was within a point lol ill choose FZW for now
D7 Carthage or GV when they split the districts like this it is hard to get a read, GV scared me for 1.5 qtrs last week so unless i see something different im going with Carthage for now
D8 PC all day noone is playing with them

MICDS beats FZW RD1
PC beats Carthage RD1
PC beats MICDS RD 2

Ritter beats PC in Final

D1 Cardinal Ritter
D2 Eureka
D5 Helias Catholic
D6 Branson or Repub im going with Branson for now

Ritter beats Eureka in RD1
Helias beats Branson in Rd1
Ritter beats Helias in Rd 2

D3 MICDS
D4 FZN or FZW last game was within a point lol ill choose FZW for now
D7 Carthage or GV when they split the districts like this it is hard to get a read, GV scared me for 1.5 qtrs last week so unless i see something different im going with Carthage for now
D8 PC all day noone is playing with them

MICDS beats FZW RD1
PC beats Carthage RD1
PC beats MICDS RD 2

Ritter beats PC in Final
If form holds Carthage at Platte County would be a huge style contrast, physical MUST SEE game. I saw the likely best two in D2 last Friday night was a high quality game but the Ritter all-stars are likely a league all their own. In saying that if you are a fan of old school power running Eureka is your team.

FWIW I would go Republic in D6.

If form holds Carthage at Platte County would be a huge style contrast, physical MUST SEE game. I saw the likely best two in D2 last Friday night was a high quality game but the Ritter all-stars are likely a league all their own. In saying that if you are a fan of old school power running Eureka is your team.

Depending on what's available in the area it will depend where i go once GV is out of the picture. Alot of good matchup possibilities. I literally flipped a quarter on D6 lol.

I even think PC can keep it close with Ritter for 2-3 quarters. I would love to see anyone beat Ritter and they cheating private azz.

Depending on what's available in the area it will depend where i go once GV is out of the picture. Alot of good matchup possibilities. I literally flipped a quarter on D6 lol.

I even think PC can keep it close with Ritter for 2-3 quarters. I would love to see anyone beat Ritter and they cheating private azz.
I think that sentiment is shared over in STL to a (far) higher degree than even in this Metro. Beating these privates often comes down to two things: 1) Playing air tight offense i.e. long sustained FINISHING drives and 2) Maintaining discipline i.e. not getting baited into anything then allowing what are usually not very disciplined (thought 2022 St. Mary's was a nice exception) teams to unravel on their own when things start going south on them (see CBC last December).

Reactions: trumanbulldog42
I think that sentiment is shared over in STL to a (far) higher degree than even in this Metro. Beating these privates often comes down to two things: 1) Playing air tight offense i.e. long sustained FINISHING drives and 2) Maintaining discipline i.e. not getting baited into anything then allowing what are usually not very disciplined (thought 2022 St. Mary's was a nice exception) teams to unravel on their own when things start going south on them (see CBC last December).
As an addendum I believe these stacked privates should form their own league and play for their own championship or go all in on a regional/National schedule.

As an addendum I believe these stacked privates should form their own league and play for their own championship or go all in on a regional/National schedule.
Idk that theres a great solution but I think they could easily move private schools to their own classification and split it into a big and small private school class

Reactions: thetophat2021
Idk that theres a great solution but I think they could easily move private schools to their own classification and split it into a big and small private school class
There is a great solution and you just spelled it out. For whatever reason this obvious solution just doesn't seem to get any legitimate consideration in this state. It would be a win for everyone including the private schools who would inevitably end up with more trophies to aid in their recruiting process.

There is a great solution and you just spelled it out. For whatever reason this obvious solution just doesn't seem to get any legitimate consideration in this state. It would be a win for everyone including the private schools who would inevitably end up with more trophies to aid in their recruiting process.
The only negative I can see is a team like valle not wanting to do it because they would be in the same class as Lutheran North I believe so they would never want that I wouldn't think

No sir while they are guaranteed 2 trophies in this format they believe by spreading the love they can accomplish that or more most years

Allegedly, the best team Platte County has beaten has been Smithville. Pius beating St. James was a strong win - better than SV. A healthier Fort played PC to within 2 TDs. They have had as many as 7 players out some of these weeks. What if they are 95%? Pius or a healthy Fort could be dangerous, especially for a team that doesn't really have much of a resume.

Allegedly, the best team Platte County has beaten has been Smithville. Pius beating St. James was a strong win - better than SV. A healthier Fort played PC to within 2 TDs. They have had as many as 7 players out some of these weeks. What if they are 95%? Pius or a healthy Fort could be dangerous, especially for a team that doesn't really have much of a resume.
Haha you have an issue with PC I get it. That KS team was down from last year but still not a bad 6A group. Everyone here was high on Grain Valley after the Kearney game remember PC drew that one out late Week 2 as it was. Fort is always geared toward the playoffs we shall see I never discount them for sure like their line physicality when all healthy.

Haha you have an issue with PC I get it. That KS team was down from last year but still not a bad 6A group. Everyone here was high on Grain Valley after the Kearney game remember PC drew that one out late Week 2 as it was. Fort is always geared toward the playoffs we shall see I never discount them for sure like their line physicality when all healthy.
Pius with that weak schedule is hard to read. But remember, they were close to Rock. PC vunerable.

Problem is (getting exposed now) Rock is pretty down from last season in particular. I could see them losing the next two ending reg season 5-4.
A one-point loss to, by far, the number 1 team in all-classes Kansas is "getting exposed?" Maybe the Blue Springs Score, but....not the Aquinas result

He has had a problem with PC all year, seems like he wanted that matchup but I'm not sure he wanted that smoke.

GV is down for sure but is improving greatly. If they pull through districts I think the game with PC is closer than before.

I could be wrong but I've seen all the schools in question(PC, K, pius, SV, GV) either preseason or in season besides FO and I get that next week.
IMO PC is the better than the rest

He has had a problem with PC all year, seems like he wanted that matchup but I'm not sure he wanted that smoke.

GV is down for sure but is improving greatly. If they pull through districts I think the game with PC is closer than before.

I could be wrong but I've seen all the schools in question(PC, K, pius, SV, GV) either preseason or in season besides FO and I get that next week.
Imagine the PC O and K D on the same squad...............

• Wow
Reactions: cardsfan200306

Unless he is, God forbid, out watch Fort LB Thompson (#7). The rover who is all over. Amazing player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT